Get Slimy

Alhifar

I've fixed the problem with the server, sorry, my internet's been spotty lately.

As to getting Chihuahua Underfoot, I don't own a Bag o' Tricks, and have no plans to buy one, so I really have no way of testing any changes I make. If someone else comes up with the code, I'd be more than willing to implement it, but I'm not really willing to commit completely untested changes anymore.

Arakasi

It's probably me but I have my Action set to LTS ... when my MinML fam is the Bandersnatch, the script seems to be resetting my Action to "attack with weapon". Did I misconfigure something? Thanks for your help and great script!

[2816] The Slime Tube
Encounter: pulsating Slime nodule
Round 0: XXX wins initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: XXX casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
You gain 15 Strongness
You gain 33 Mysteriousness
You gain 12 Sarcasm
battleAction => attack with weapon
Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
Putting on slime_maxml...
Equipment changed.
Putting the Frumious Bandersnatch back into terrarium...
Taking the Baby Sandworm out of terrarium...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Alhifar

You were out of bandersnatch runaways or did not have ode cast when you started the script, correct? If so, that bug should be fixed in the next version released.

EDIT: On a secondary note, I decided to buy a Bag O' Tricks, so I'll be working on adding in Chihuahua Underfoot use A.S.A.P.

Last edited:

Muhandes

Would be nice if it printed how many adventures it did and how many it still has to do

I found adding this quite useful:

if( verbose ) print( "Adventure " + (total_adv - adv_to_use + 1) + " out of " + total_adv , "blue");

littlebum2002

Hey all. Sorry for wasting your time, but i've read through this thread and still can't seem toto find the problem.

I have 2 custom combat scripts: low and high. I have

string max_ml_ccs = "high";
string min_ml_ccs = "low";

yet i'm still getting the "no matching ccs found: error. any advice?

Bale

Minion
Are high and low the names, the whole names and nothing but the names?

It even makes a difference if the name is "high" or high. Are those quotes an actual part of the actual name? Hint: You don't want quotes in the name.

littlebum2002

I found the problem. I wasn't creating new CCS's, I was putting "high" and "low" as monster names in the same CCS, thinking I was creating more scripts.

Apparently I have never used more than one CCS before.

Thanks though.

dawdawdo

I found a very sneaky bug. If your current HP is exactly equal to the calculated slime damage, the main while loop goes infinite. It has something to do with the restore_hp function. I guess it thinks you have already reached your desired HP. I'm sure it could be fixed with a +1 (or -1) somewhere.

Thanks for this script by the way. I did my first slimeling run manually. It was successful, but I'm really looking forward to using this.

Alhifar

Fixed, I'd remembered in most places, but I missed adding 1 to slime damage before trying to restore in a single spot >.<

In other news, there's a new URL to get the script from: http://www.insidethepale.net/mafia/scriptlets/slime.ash

In yet more other news, I'm a moron. I screwed up the automatic update function in one of the recent releases, and as such, it has simply assumed you have the latest version. Please update to the latest version, whether your script says you should or not.

Last edited:

gullebrand

I'm about to try a speedrun with this script, but I'm a bit concerned about the rock monsters. Will they muck it up in some way? I imagine it could screw with some counters or something.

If so, is there anything I can do about it? Except "turning off" the rock monsters...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm about to try a speedrun with this script, but I'm a bit concerned about the rock monsters. Will they muck it up in some way? I imagine it could screw with some counters or something.

If so, is there anything I can do about it? Except "turning off" the rock monsters...

I suggest using free runaway items on the rock monsters so that no turns will pass, and everything should work fine. As long as auto-attack is off, adding stuff to your CCS for them should do it.

Alhifar

I was doing slimeling runs when the rock monsters first came about, and in theory, they should be easy to work around, but for some reason the script was still failing on them. I never got around to seeing why, so use it at your own risk.

gullebrand

I intend to use the following ccs for lowML (and a similar one for highML obviously, but without the cleesh):

[ default ]
1: skill cleesh
2: attack with weapon

[ clod hopper ]
1: item divine champagne popper

Are you saying a configuration like this will not work with the script? I'm sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but you didn't say how you tried to work around it.

Grotfang

Developer
Providing you have a recent version of mafia that should be fine (ie. one that recognises the rock monsters). When I did my slimeling run, I wasn't confident that mafia was spotting them, so I used:

Code:
[ default ]
1: item divine champagne popper

[ slime(x) ]
1: skill CLEESH
2: attack with weapon

and an equivalent in my maxml ccs, that killed the tier 5 slimes (x being the tier you are going to fight). It would probably work using [ slime ], but I wasn't taking any chances :)

Anyhoos, either one should work.

And as a side note - can I just add my name to the growing list of people who are using this, and say a massive thank you to Alhifar for creating such a wonderful script!

Marcyroni

Nice script! It looks like, if you use a run-away item, it only fights 5 slimes following it, when 6 would be ok (even give a fair amount of HP leeway with enough slime resistance). Anyway to have that as an option added? It would help conserve poppers/etc, when lowest number of turns spent (as when using the tube mainly for leveling) matters most. Thanks!

gullebrand

I started using the script today, and ran into a problem. It seems to work fine, except that it uses a chamois every turn, even though it doesn't have to. I adventured manually in the tube for a few adventures with the same outfits, and did the switching manually, and could get down to 5 turns of the covered in slime effect without chamoising.

After the script switches to my HighML suit, the following happens:

The Slime Tube
Encounter: puckering Slime beak
Strategy: (...)highmlccs.ccs [default]
You lose 312 hit points
You gain 39 Strengthliness
You gain 85 Magicalness
You gain 50 Roguishness

The slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.
You lose an effect: Coated in Slime
Chamois successfully used.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 352 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on lowml...

At which point I aborted. My max hp is 1019, so something is obviously not right. I'm running at 598 ML this run.

Any ideas?

jalandy

Having the same problem as gullebrand. The script goes from minML outfit to pick up covered in slime, then after the first adventure in maxML, get the message that the slime will kill me ( at Coated in Slime = 9 ). I can easily survive till Coated in Slime is 6.

I'm a lvl 26 sauceror with my maxML set up as full slime hates it gear (7 pieces) with a chamoisole. I did not drink any biles or eat sweetbreads but I did use some slimy alveoli.

I switched my familiar to use a bandersnatch to take advantage of extended entangling noodles and cheap saucegeyser. With a tomato juice and ointment of the occult boosting my myst, I can take down the high level slimes with the damage only coming from the first hit and initial slime damage.

My initial thought was that I had originally set my HP restore too low but even adjusting it to cast cocoon after every fight, it still seems to keep using a chamoix after every maxML encounter.

Let me know if there's anything else I should check out or if you need more detail about my setup. I'm just a few days into using mafia, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Thanks!