Bug - Cannot Reproduce General Options - literally dancing

r8687

Minor cosmetic bug. Open Preference Tab. The "General Options" title is literally dancing. Looks like it's trying to display 2 different strings.

What OS are you using? I am unable to reproduce this on r8687, Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard", with the latest Java update installed, while not logged in.

VinnyB

I remember noticing (literally!) the dancing title, but doesn't seem to be occurring for me right now either.

On a related note, though, another minor cosmetic issue re. resizing the Preferences window: When I make it wider, the titles shift to the right in order to stay centered... but if I make it shorter, they don't move [back].

This same thing happens to me sometimes. Rather rarely, really. But I'll go to Preferences, Browser -- and the words at top, "Preferred Web Browser," are very rapidly moving left-right-left-right-left.... It looks really bizarre. I think if I close and re-launch KoLmafia it always stops doing that; though I'm sure I've seen it stop... ah, I believe when I have typed something into the "Browser:" field. I've seen this... I think for over two years now. Like I said, very rare. At least two different computers in many versions of KoLmafia. Could have been 3 or 4 computers -- I'm not sure. They've all had Windows XP SP3. I use ... I guess you'd call 'em "full versions," usually. Almost never daily builds. Freaky deaky.

Ferdawoon

Titles in Preferences bounce around

Seen this a few times, but it is kinda rare. r9806

In the Preferences, I have it set to appear as a tab upon startup, some of the sub-catagories and their titles bounce a bit.
Preferences -> General, for example, have the General Options title on the black field bouncing between Center aligned and Right aligned. Browser seem to have the titles Right aligned. The rest of the titles seem ok tho.
I made a little vid of the bouncing but could not upload it here so I removed it. Will keep Mafia open in case you want me to give some kind of evidence of this :p

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I used to rarely see this, but never since holatuwol redid Preferences to select pages via a Card Layout (selectors on left) vs. Tab Layout (tabs on top). It was always unreproducible for me. It also looked like a Java bug to me.

I'm going to pretend that whatever happened to rarely make this happen was fixed by moving away from the Tab layout for Preferences.