Bug - Fixed Gear changer tab doesn't update when equipping outfits

jwylot

r10729.......the outfit does equip correctly and shows in the relay browser but the gear changer tab doesn't update.

Darzil

Developer
I was seeing some odd stuff with this today, but it wasn't consistent.

For example, from Mafia put on Swashbuckling outfit in Gear Changer. CLI said that all three items were put on. Gear Changer showed only Parrot put on. Equipment tab in relay browser showed only Parrot put on. Put on Swashbucking outfit in Gear Changer again. The other two items successfully put on.

Winterbay

Oh, I thought that was just me...

I used the Gear Changer to pick the Harem outfit. Went in the relay browser to get the meat-bonus in the treasury and then went back to the Gear Changer to change to some more useful items and my hat and pants were showing up blank. I picked my CHef's hat for the hat and harem pants for the pants and pressed the "equip"-button and it changed in my hat, and correctly left the pants in place (allthough they showed up instead of a blank row afterwards).

KapmK

I experienced this problem, along with some more buggy behavior, when I updated to r10727. Going back to r10726 seemed to fix all of my problems.

It isn't very easy to pin down, but a lot of the time when I told Mafia to do something, it would either show no signs of doing anything, but lock down buttons as if it was working, or say it successfully finished doing what it was doing, but never return control to me anyway.

At one point it wouldn't let my select any items in the item manager.

I tried to change from the dwarvish war uniform to a custom outfit; it apparently changed properly, but the pieces of the uniform were still displayed on the gear changer tab (which is where I initiated the change). When I hit the change gear button, it changed back to the uniform.

Everything in the relay browser worked just fine.

Changing outfits through the CLI didn't seem to update the gear changer tab. Changing outfits through the relay browser didn't cause the tab to update properly, but changing individual pieces of equipment did.

jwylot

Equipping outfit in the relay browser? CLI?
In gear changer but it was also not updating when using maximizer either from the maximizer interface or from the cli.
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 480.0
Putting on reinforced beaded headband...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Orange Star of Sacrifice...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 480.0
.....gear tab still shows previous hat and accessories. Not sure if relevant, this is in AoB.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This was an issue with hats and pants. I introduced it in 10726, when I made the Gear Changer able to steal hats and pants from a hatrack or scarecrow, respectively.

Revision 10730