Gameinformer dungeon script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hmmm...

OK, I am not sure what to answer so:

In the level 1 (first dungeon) I am offered a choice of "Check the bookshelves" , "move the candlesticks" and "search the fireplace"

If I choose #3, then dungeon 1 will close and dungeon 2 will open. I keep choosing #1 and fighting (for leveling purposes) the scaling monsters. The choice pops up so annoyingly much that I just wanted to have a little script to fight the monsters and choose #1 so I can do other things with my lazy self. :)

I did not expect it to be that annoying and I am sorry for the irritation. I will compensate with something. I am trying to get stuffed hodgemen for Bale, but no one is selling so I may have to think of something else.

I think you are reading too much emotion into the reason behind the questions. You really aren't annoying anyone. Since the video dungeons are random there are some dungeons that do not have "Check the bookshelves" as the a choice adventure and some random dungeons where #1 is the correct choice. Furthermore, there are some cases where repeatedly making the wrong choice will just get you the choice adventure again, and not allow you to continue adventuring. The latter probably occur as niche cases with high ML or some other unspaded condition but I can definitely demonstrate on one character that it is not possible to continue adventuring after the wrong answer.

There is a snippet of ash code somewhere that will change all the right choices to wrong ones once mafia has figured out the right choices by reading the magazine. It was posted because someone else was trying to automate the process of speed leveling. Perhaps someone with more time and patience for searching than I have at the moment, will find it and that other thread may have what you are looking for.

Theraze

There is a snippet of ash code somewhere that will change all the right choices to wrong ones once mafia has figured out the right choices by reading the magazine. It was posted because someone else was trying to automate the process of speed leveling. Perhaps someone with more time and patience for searching than I have at the moment, will find it and that other thread may have what you are looking for.

Was that the modified version of Rinn's DailyPro that I posted named LevelPro maybe? It just takes the automation and does +1 to each "right" choice.

Bale

Minion
Perhaps someone with more time and patience for searching than I have at the moment, will find it and that other thread may have what you are looking for.

I posted it as my first response to his question. He didn't really like it. I think he finds scripting to be confusing.

DuRhone

Thanks for all of the help. I have been busy in real life and could not check here.

If you are adventuring in Dungeon 1, you can choose the wrong answer and still get to fight scaling monsters. If you complete Dungeon 1, then yes, Dungeons 2 and 3 will not allow you to adventure (usually) after you have made the wrong choice and keep giving you the choice adventure over and over again (especially the maze).

That was why I was confused by the question. I already knew choice 1 in the Dungeon 1 adventure would let me keep fighting, but the choice adventure comes up an annoying number of times.

I am slowly re-learning. I have not done any scripting modifications since slime.ash :)

Bale's answer of set choiceAdventure660 = 1 should perfect. Now I just need to figure where to insert it into the script. I am modifying DailyPro.ash for this purpose.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That command was designed for use in the CLI or a CLI script. If you want to put it in an ASH script you'll need to format it like this;

Code:
set_property("choiceAdventure660", "1");

Though I think my original answer was superior since it would work for any dungeon configuration.

DuRhone

I finally got it working the way I need. Thanks all! Bale, I will send you something nice for the mentoring. ;)