Forum help and cleanup

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This forum is great, and I really appreciate all the help it provides. The bug reports section has multiple prefixes for various things, but they are not regularly cleaned up to mark bugs fixed or features implemented.
I would offer to do that, but I do not have access or rights for such things.

How do I help with that?
Can we change the colors of the prefix tags? It would be helpful to mark the 'Fixed' and 'Implemented' with a different color - maybe gray? to show it no longer needs attention.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I can always change colours. I'm always open to suggestions, typically whoever fixes/pushes the change can change the tag so it's really open to me and the devs. We used to have "Minions" who could make changes like that but most of them have disappeared over the years.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I don't know nearly enough to be a Dev (just enough for the occasional PR), but I am happy to take on the role of Minion.

I am finding myself with a bit of time and some interest in making some Mafia PRs, so I am going through old Bugs and Feature Request (starting with my own). It would be nice to be able to help clean up some of those posts.

My suggestion for colors would be to change the following to gray to indicate the thread is closed and does not need further action:

Bug - Not A Bug
Bug - Won't Fix
Bug - Fixed
Bug - Cannot Reproduce
Feature - Implemented
Feature - Rejected
New Content - Implemented
New Content - Rejected

Glad for more discussion on this here.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When I fix a bug, I change the tag.
I think certain others expect the original bug opener will test and mark it fixed, but that never happens.

I think ckb would make a fine Minion.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I think it makes sense to differentiate between Feature and "Feature - Implemented" / "Bug Fixed", at the very least. So no objections from me re: new colors.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm all open to suggestions on what colours to change everything to. I just picked the quickest options in the admin panel for the moment.

1708787542143.png

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
To clarify: previously both "feature" and "feature - implemented" were the same shade of light green. The current status is a strict improvement over that.