Fortune cookie autostop when using adventure()?

After a long time only using scripts for non-adventuring tasks, I've recently started dabbling in scripts that actually adventure. I was disappointed to see that using adventure() means Mafia will plow through fortune cookie timers, even though it would stop on them if I were using Mafia's Main Interface.

Is there a way to get Mafia to stop at these timers when using adventure()? Alternatively, is there a different way to script adventuring that will respect these timers?

Yeah, I guess I could, but that's using a cruise missile to light a cigarette. I don't care about dance cards, don't own a Green Pixie, and don't want Mafia to automatically get semirares for me or eat the next fortune cookie. All I want is a way to:
  • Adventure for X adventures, and
  • Stop when a semirare counter comes up
Surely there's an easier way to do this?

Theraze

Yep. Make a counter script that aborts when you hit a fortune cookie counter. That's the easy way.

Winterbay

WEll, you coudl have a counter scritp that says "If semirare comes up, abort", or for that matter a betweenBattleScript, afterAdventureScript or unconditional mood.
Code:
ash if(get_counters("Fortune Cookie", 0, 0) != "") {abort("Your semirare is up");}
(example that can be used as an unconditional mood)

Bale

Minion
Yeah, I guess I could, but that's using a cruise missile to light a cigarette. I don't care about dance cards, don't own a Green Pixie, and don't want Mafia to automatically get semirares for me or eat the next fortune cookie.

I was just presenting it as an example you can learn from.