First Things First -- a multipurpose pre-combat consult script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I don't gain initiative, I get "You're on your own, partner."
Is that supposed to happen?

When i use the script (via Custom combat script), i used to work perfect, but suddenly everytime its turned on, and i meet a monster it says with red letters:

"You are on your own, partner" (or something like that).
and then pops up a browser windows with the combat, really annoying.
what did I do wrong suddenly? and have you other guys experinced it?

This might be the same, and I did check this time. :p

And, I'm don't know much about new builds of mafia. If I get the daily build, will all my moods and my ccs go away?

Last edited:

StormCrow42

After adapting AutoMCD to take having Hero into account, I was curious if it would make sense to give FTF (and by extension SmartStasis) the option to consider you "intheclear" if your muscle score was high enough and you were wielding a shield.

Bale

Minion
Just head over to the Unofficial Builds part of this forum. Choose the thread with the highest build number. Then download it.

dj_d

I think there's an olfaction bug (got the sniffytome yesterday, yay me).

Code:
// always olfact
olf[$monster[blooper]] = true;
Then later:
Code:
      if ((!olf[m] && get_property("currentBountyItem") == "0") ||
          ( olf[m] && get_property("currentBountyItem") != "0")) return page;
      return try_skill(page,$skill[transcendent olfaction]);
If I read this correctly, it will NOT olfact bloopers if you are on a hunt.

dj_d

Also, unless I read this wrong:
Code:
if (get_property("autoEntangle") == "false" || (flyereverything && flyers != $item[none]) ||
   (my_location() == $location[barrr] && item_amount($item[the big book of pirate insults]) > 0))
      url = try_skill(url,$skill[entangling noodles]);
it will entangle if autoentangle is set to false, which is sort of the opposite of what I'd expect.

Incidentally, does autoentangle get set somewhere? It was set in my settings file but I don't recall doing it manually.

zarqon

FTF reserves your olfaction exclusively for bounty hunt monsters when you are on a hunt. The rule when using this script is, if you are on a hunt, do the hunt and don't adventure elsewhere.

Regarding entangling, if autoEntangle is true, mafia will take care of noodles before FTF even gets around to it. So FTF checks to make sure mafia didn't already cast noodles before (re-)casting noodles itself. FTF originally handled auto-entanglement, before the Special combat settings were added to mafia (that's where you can set auto-entangling, by the way). And, due to the safetyThreshold setting, you have greater control over how much stronger monsters have to be for you to entangle them. So, I recommend leaving autoEntangle turned off, and letting FTF handle it.

microsafe17

I wanted to add Spring Raindrop to the script as well. I couldn't decide where to put it, I was thinking about adding it to the safe adventuring part of the script with steal, but finally just added it to the end.

Code:
if (equipped_amount($item[haiku katana]) > 0) try_skill(url,$skill[spring raindrop attack]);

Rinn

Developer
FTF reserves your olfaction exclusively for bounty hunt monsters when you are on a hunt. The rule when using this script is, if you are on a hunt, do the hunt and don't adventure elsewhere.

Regarding entangling, if autoEntangle is true, mafia will take care of noodles before FTF even gets around to it. So FTF checks to make sure mafia didn't already cast noodles before (re-)casting noodles itself. FTF originally handled auto-entanglement, before the Special combat settings were added to mafia (that's where you can set auto-entangling, by the way). And, due to the safetyThreshold setting, you have greater control over how much stronger monsters have to be for you to entangle them. So, I recommend leaving autoEntangle turned off, and letting FTF handle it.
This is only true if you're not using a ccs or added special action to the css that contains FTF. I think it's rather unintuitive that you're checking against the property being false, since you could just check the page source to see if noodles is still castable in case someone had added that special action and noodles had been cast in that fight already.

Last edited:

Raven434

I added these in because I found them helpful to me:

// Raven434 additions
olf[$monster[hellion]] = true;
olf[$monster[bookbat]] = true;
olf[$monster[fruit golem]] = true;

slyz

Developer
I added the ability to pick pocket when in birdform:

Just change line 220 to:

Code:
   if (my_class() == $class[accordion thief] || my_class() == $class[disco bandit] || have_effect($effect[form of...bird!]) > 0) {

chown

That's all well and good, but what would be wrong with:
Code:
      if (!olf[m] && !(item_drops(m) contains to_item(get_property("currentBount
yItem")))) return page;

In other words, (assuming I got the code right) if the settings say to always olfact, then do that. If the settings say to only use olfaction when hunting for a bounty, then only use it if this monster drops that bounty.

I sometimes select a bounty that I would like to do, but wait until the next day to actually do it. So it is inconvenient to have that interfere with other uses of olfaction.

One possible improvement could be to check for the availability of a SGEEA, which mitigates the interference of other uses of olfaction on the potential use later, for a bounty.

- chown

Rinn

Developer
The problem with that is if you're adventuring in a zone where you'd use olfaction on a bounty monster and a different monster when not on a bounty, it'll cast it on whatever monster you encounter first.

zarqon

This is only true if you're not using a ccs or added special action to the css that contains FTF.

I think that is the case for Olfaction/putty, not for noodles. Auto-noodles are slung without needing a special action. At least, previously it was -- a page or two back someone reported double-casting of noodles shortly after combat settings were added to mafia.

@slyz: Cool! Have added that in to the latest. Thanks.

@chown: In the case of wanting to save a bounty for tomorrow, just accept the bounty after you're done with adventuring for the day.

Exciting News!
or
Towards a Smart-Olfacting CCS

I've been trying to find a way to get intelligent auto-Olfaction / puttying to be a part of FTF. The framework was kind of there, just waiting for goals to be accessible to ASH, and now that Jason has given us is_goal() I have written more flesh onto that framework. Unfortunately, is_goal() does not allow the script to get enough information to make an intelligent decision about using Olfaction (primarily, it doesn't tell us how many of a particular goal are needed, which is a major factor for determining whether or not to Olfact). On that score, I would be a big fan of is_goal() returning an int rather than a boolean (0 for non-goal, otherwise number of that item desired). But that suggestion has not yet met with a response.

Anyway, FTF now figures out whether the monster you're fighting drops items you have specified in goals, how many other monsters also drop those items, etc. Currently it just prints that information to the screen, but it's pretty interesting!

dj_d

Argh! Zarqon, please consider this a vote for merging FTF & smartstasis (and configuring behavior with variables). I'm having trouble keeping track of so many current versions. :)

(and while I'm at it: I'd love if you rolled canadv in to zlib)

zarqon

@dj_d: CanAdv includes ZLib, so if you would like a canadv-including ZLib, just import CanAdv rather than ZLib.

As for combining FTF and SS, I am against it. Not only do I like the modularity of different functions for different scripts, but I try to make my released scripts work out of the box, fairly intuitively, with minimal configuring. Ease of use for script neophytes is one of my personal scripting priorities. Want to stasis? Use SS! Don't want to stasis? Use FTF. Easy.

Further, I have gone to a good bit of effort to make sure that all of my supported scripts let you know when a new version is available. The noodles-in-the-clear bug was fixed in early May! The version checking is there for you. And unlike some other more attentive authors, I'm not constantly posting updates either (ha), so it shoudn't be much of a hassle to grab updates the moment they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.