First Things First -- a multipurpose pre-combat consult script

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter50216

The code for getting "essence of heat" from Bangyomaman Warrior and getting "essence of kink" form "Handyman" Jay Android seems to be incorrect...

Bale

Minion
What's wrong with it?

SS doesn't exactly have code saying that the Bangyomaman Warrior has essence of heat. It just checks all item drops for the current monster and if it is capable of dropping an essence that you don't have, then that's your huckleberry!

slyz

Developer
Heeheehee's suggestion will allow you to putty a monster only once. If you're using FTF, I guess Zarqon could easily add an ftf_putty part with a zlib setting handled the same way Olfaction is.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I guess so. I simply looked through FTF's code for "putty" and saw that as one of the things that it'd catch. My bad.

peter50216

In line 154~157 of FTF:
if (have_equipped($item[ruby rod]) && my_location() == $location[seaside megalopolis] && // monster has disc
(contains_text(action,"lit match") || contains_text(action,"liquid nitrogen") || contains_text(action,"freaky alien thing") ||
contains_text(action,"vile-smelling, milky-white") || contains_text(action,"tubular appendage")))
return act(attack());

but "lit match" and "tubular appendage" don't match the battle message of those monsters...

What's wrong with it?

SS doesn't exactly have code saying that the Bangyomaman Warrior has essence of heat. It just checks all item drops for the current monster and if it is capable of dropping an essence that you don't have, then that's your huckleberry!

zarqon

Hmmm yes, Wiki now shows different messages than it used to. I'll check it out after freeing the King this time around.

Bale

Minion
It seems that's half-right.
Bangyomaman Warrior said:
He turns a crank on the side of his gun. A mechanical hand emerges holding a lit match. You make a quip about having a match -- your butt and its face!

He turns a crank on the side of his gun. A mechanical hand emerges, strikes a match, and holds it under your ear.
Handyman Jay Android said:
He pokes you with a spinning, whirring, vibrating, tubular "appendage." It's probably some kind of "vacuum cleaner."

He whips out a spinning, whirring, vibrating, tubular appendage. You stand well back from it.
The script is only matching the miss messages, not the hit message. So if your moxie is low enough, the script will not work.

Edit: Ninja'ed while I was investigating the wiki.

foxmoriarty

Yes, I was wondering about auto-putting non-bounty monsters in the context of FTF. Any chance auto-putty can be extended beyond bounty monster for farming purposes? Thanks!

slyz

Developer
Another workaround would be to add a mood like this:

Trigger on: Unconditional trigger
Command: putty monster <monstername>

Code

When fighting the Guy made of bees, if you're using FirstThingsFirst.ash and you're a Pastamancer with a ghost, it will summon the ghost first rather than attempting to flyer or use entangling noodles/noodles of fire. Here's a quick fix (FirstThingsFirst.ash):
PHP:
boolean should_summon_ghost() {
   if (last_monster() == $monster[guy made of bees]) return false;
So ctrl+f boolean should_summon_ghost() or just go to line 174 and add that right after the function declaration.

Gdunge

Hi,

FTF is doing something odd. It keeps telling me that my slimeling needs sating. Every time FTF runs. No matter how much or what I feed my slimeling.

I'm using SmartStasis.ash in my custom combat script, not calling FTF directly.

I'm a level 27 disco bandit.

Latest KoLMafia, zlib, FTF, SS.

The code appears to be looking for the text "/slimeling.gif" to decide if the slimeling needs feeding. (There's also something about a saucy salve that probably only applies to saucerors.)

Any suggestions?

zarqon

I did a 100% Slimeling run a bit ago and never had this problem. The detection code hasn't changed either. Evidently something is preventing your page text from displaying the Slimeling image with his messages...?

Gdunge

I did a 100% Slimeling run a bit ago and never had this problem. The detection code hasn't changed either. Evidently something is preventing your page text from displaying the Slimeling image with his messages...?

I dunno. The little picture of the slimeling shows up (awww, so cute!). The Firefox right-click menu shows a URL for the image that ends in "/slimeling.gif".

I played with the only option in my Account preferences (Character pane options > Display familiar below effects) with no apparent effect.

Can I help you troubleshoot this somehow?

Later,

Gdunge

zarqon

Turn on logging familiar actions in preferences and then send me some CLI output for a combat where FTF erroneously reports Slimeling spentness. Might give me a clue.

Gdunge

Turn on logging familiar actions in preferences and then send me some CLI output for a combat where FTF erroneously reports Slimeling spentness. Might give me a clue.

And of course, now it's working perfectly. It's stopped complaining about Slimeling neglect.

Thanks, Zarqon - you're the best troubleshooter ever! <3

zarqon

Excellent! Glad I could be of service. :)

Also, I've fixed the detection messages for Megalopolis monsters locally -- will be in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.