Feature - Implemented Filter for non-fancy food and drink creation

I would like to see a filter based on COOK and MIX only now that they are turn-free crafts. I think it would be useful for getting the most out of your GGGs (more useful) and Spirit Hobos (less useful).

roippi

Developer
I personally think that requireBoxServants should turn into requireFreeCrafting. That covers this, Inigo's protection requests, and some other things.

It is, of course, rather non-trivial to implement.

I personally think that requireBoxServants should turn into requireFreeCrafting. That covers this, Inigo's protection requests, and some other things.

It is, of course, rather non-trivial to implement.

I see MIX is implemented since fine wine appears under "No Create". That is confusing, maybe that filter needs a name change to "Turn Free"? I don't think COOK is implemented since enchanted bean burrito is not listed even with enchanted beans and access to wads of dough.

The only thing I don't like about requireFreeCrafting is sometimes I will use a turn to make stuff. Also, you need to spend turns to make milk of magnesium in hardcore. At least I do since Inigo's is for 3 drinks and 2 reagent pastas.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Also, you need to spend turns to make milk of magnesium in hardcore. At least I do since Inigo's is for 3 drinks and 2 reagent pastas.
You don't make a R&R Legend and get 10 * 5 turns of Inigo's? That's enough for 10 turns of fancy crafting. I tend to make 5 drinks (1 fancy turn each), 2 reagent pastas (2 fancy turns each), and 1 milk (1 fancy turn).

I see MIX is implemented since fine wine appears under "No Create". That is confusing, maybe that filter needs a name change to "Turn Free"? I don't think COOK is implemented since enchanted bean burrito is not listed even with enchanted beans and access to wads of dough.
fine wine does not appear under "No Create" unless you have some in inventory already. "No Create" is exactly that - items that are in your inventory right now. No mixing. Nor purchasing.

As I understand it, this feature request is asking for a "Turn Free" checkbox.

Last edited:
You don't make a R&R Legend and get 10 * 5 turns of Inigo's? That's enough for 10 turns of fancy crafting. I tend to make 5 drinks (1 fancy turn each), 2 reagent pastas (2 fancy turns each), and 1 milk (1 fancy turn).
Unless the game is cheating me, I'm only getting 10 turns * 5 of Inigo's with just my R&RL.
Code:
cast 1 Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
You acquire an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration (duration: 10 Adventures
And I'm an AT, too!

fine wine does not appear under "No Create" unless you have some in inventory already. "No Create" is exactly that - items that are in your inventory right now. No mixing. Nor purchasing.
Hmm... I could of sworn I had "No Create" checked... Now I'm at 14 drunk (no liver) and the list is sans Fine Wine. I will triple check on a multi later.

As I understand it, this feature request is asking for a "Turn Free" checkbox.
Yes, exactly.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Unless the game is cheating me, I'm only getting 10 turns * 5 of Inigo's with just my R&RL.
We are in agreement. My point was that 10 turns is enough for 5 DB drinks ... ah. Perhaps you are making SHC drinks, which require 2 fancy turns each. I don't currently have access to the Still. Next run...

Hmm... I could of swore I had "No Create" checked... Now I'm at 14 drunk (no liver) and the list is sans Fine Wine. I will check on a multi later.
Feel free to check, but I am quite certain that No Create means "present in inventory".

Code:
			if ( UseItemEnqueuePanel.this.filters[ 0 ].isSelected() )
			{
				AdventureResult item = creation.getItem();
				if ( item != null && item.getCount( KoLConstants.inventory ) == 0 )
				{
					return false;
				}
			}

Winterbay

Code:
cast 1 Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration
You acquire an effect: Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration (duration: 10 Adventures
And I'm an AT, too!

10 turns of Inigo should lead to a total of 50 turns i.e. 10 fancy cookings/mixings. 3 dirnks + 2 pastas would only be 10 if you were doing superhuman drinks. Do less advanced drinks (or if you're an AT go get the next level of accordion) :)

Yeah, using SHC's, which means I need to speed up so I can just drink Advance Cocktails. I usually wait until aftercore to smith any of the LEWs, especially in Bees Hate You.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, using SHC's, which means I need to speed up so I can just drink Advance Cocktails. I usually wait until aftercore to smith any of the LEWs, especially in Bees Hate You.
You need to speed up. I see you are doing 6-day HC Beecore runs, all as AT. Presumably without liver, if you are only making 3 SHC cocktails per day. And even then, what about your nightcap?

I am slow, and I've done two 6-day HC Beecore runs (and 10 4-day SC Beecore runs) so far, one as PM and one as SC. I get liver and open the volcanic island in-run - and complete the Nemesis quest immediately after I free the king. I'm doing a cycle of 6 HC Beecore runs, in class order, to finish perming all the skills in HC. I will be done with that goal, once I complete the cycle.

If I, slow as I am, can do a 6-day HC Beecore run without SHC, I am sure YOU can, too. :)

You need to speed up. I see you are doing 6-day HC Beecore runs, all as AT. Presumably without liver, if you are only making 3 SHC cocktails per day. And even then, what about your nightcap?
Usually crafted with turns...

Well, the last one, if the mimic hadn't turned into an ebony wand (a super fast >/DoD), I would have made a 5 dayer. =/ And, I didn't even know about the servers until day 2, which still helped. And, it was RNG-blessed with 3 mojo filters... I just wanna 5-dayer under Ronin. Not much to ask, right? Right? :D

Winterbay

You can still use the wand no matter if it has the letter b in it I think since it isn't normal using but "zap".

roippi

Developer
Should the "turn free" filter replace "no create" or is there conceivable use for both?

---

Also, as I code this up, I think we should define "turn free" as not costing an adventure to craft OR a summon. That way this freq can subsume the no tome summon filter feature request.

Bale

Minion
Your second paragraph answers the first paragraph. That's the conceivable use for both since tome summonings ARE turn free.

roippi

Developer
Well, yes, but that's just a question of definition. Limited-resource-free filter, if you prefer, but that name doesn't fit on a radio button so well.

Functionally, a [filter that filters out creations and summons] and a [filter that filters out turn-using creations] still leaves us with no useful way of filtering clip art summons without filtering ALL creations. Or.. maybe we could just change "no create" to "no summon" then?

ETA: to clarify the options here -

status quo: filters[0]= "no create"

option 1: filters[0]= "no create"; filters[1] ="turn free" // "turn free" defined as creations that take a turn or a summon
option 1.5: option 1, but just scrap "no create"
option 2: filters[0]= "no summon"; filters[1] = "turn free" // "turn free" defined as literal

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
I relented and just added both "turn-free" and "no summon" while keeping "no create" as well. After rearranging the filters, there is enough room for all of them. If any future filters are added, I'd strongly look at no create for removal in lieu of adding a 5th column.

r10365 is an initial implementation. TODO:
-creation.getAdventuresNeeded() should account for inigos.
-inigos needs to have a listener hook so that appropriate things can update when the number of turns remaining changes.
-I didn't actually check on this one, but items that we have some turn-free access to should update quantity when filtered. i.e. go from (4 possible, 2 current) to (2 possible, 2 current).

roippi

Developer
r10365 is an initial implementation. TODO:
-creation.getAdventuresNeeded() should account for inigos.

-I didn't actually check on this one, but items that we have some turn-free access to should update quantity when filtered. i.e. go from (4 possible, 2 current) to (2 possible, 2 current).

Both done. r10384

-inigos needs to have a listener hook so that appropriate things can update when the number of turns remaining changes.

Still pending. It's a little tricky. In the meantime, concoctions may occasionally be a little out-of-sync with the number of free crafting turns available.

roippi

Developer
Well, r10407 updates adventure ranges when turns of inigo's changes. Turns out concoction refreshes are hardcoded into the various situations where quantity of Inigo's can change, so all that was left to do was let it refresh adventure ranges when doing so.

All the data in the food/booze enqueue panel should now be in sync with regards to turns spent, adventure ranges, etc.

Marking implemented.