Familiar Feeder

slyz

Developer
W00t i got me a slimeling for my KoLaversary. so now i can use this.. the problem is that i have no idea how the slimeling works. Is there a way you can make like a mini-guide

Lost is right, the Wiki should be enough. The short version is: you feed it equipment, that gives him charges. With charges, it also acts like a starfish in combat.

Keep in mind that this script is ascension-oriented though, it will not show the most profitable equipment to feed in aftercore (which I guess would be antique armor).

And congratulations on your KoLversary!

Raven434

Thanks. I just started my first slimeling run over the weekend and it helps a lot!

I was dumb ass and meant to take it out for a spin on a myst run, not a moxie run.

Oh well...

slyz

Developer
[size=+1]Update: Familiar Feeder 0.52 beta[/size]

• Items weren't always removed from the currently_considering map, causing is_meat_stack_item() to sometimes falsely return false. Detecting if an item has a meat stack as on of its ingredients should now work correctly.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
It's been brought to my attention that apparently items with $item[dense meat stack] as a component also do not add MP charges.

slyz

Developer
Great, good to know! Simply uncomment line 431 to take that into account.

For some reason, I completely forgot to spade that...

slyz

Developer
Sorry for double post:

• I finally tried feeding a dense meat stack item (dense meat sword in this case) to an empty Slimeling. On the next combat, the slimeling had the expected 6 bursts, and I didn't get a slime stack.
  • I fed a Gnollish autoplunger (item made from an item that is made from a meat stack), did not get any MP from the slimeling, and got a slime stack.

I'll leave the script as it is:
  • It needs to look recursively in all the ingredients to check if an item has a meat stack nested as one of its ingredients.
  • Dense meat stack items give MP, not slime stacks.

mellissaleo

I was trying to use your script on different versions of mafia daily builds and kept getting this error:
Bad item value: "Sledgehammer of the Vćlkyr" (relay_FamiliarFeeder.ash, line 229)
I don`t know anything about scripting, but I went to see what that particular line of your script says. And it says:
...available_amount($item[Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr])...

The thing is, `ć` is a letter in my language. But I do not understand why or how would mafia be reading a `æ` as a `ć`. This is not much of a bug report, as I doubt many people will be having the issue, but I just thought to let you know.

Anyway, I edited out that part of that line and the script works like a charm. And I must say, it is a really big help to not have to feed my slimeling one item at the time. Thank you for the scripting magic!

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I don't understand much about text file formatting, and didn't have any problem here with the "æ". The simplest would be to replace $item[Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr] with
to_item(4316)
. I'll add that to the next update.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Or, you know, you could use the name with character entity, just like KoL and KoLmafia.

$item[ Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr ]

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Did some minor spading, confirmed that the autoplunger did, in fact, give a slime stack, but the barskin cap (doesn't require armorcraftiness but has a basic meat helmet as one of its ingredients) gave MP. I guess... just basic meat items and the plunger give slime stacks?

slyz

Developer
Apparently, I tested the only exception and concluded it was the standard. Even the repeating crossbow (also made from a meat engine) gives MP instead of a slime stack.

The script will be updated shortly to only show basic meat items and the autoplunger in the meat stack section.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Can someone check if giving a drink to a Spirit Hobo with Ode active uses turns of the effects? And if not, maybe check if giving him an Imp Ale with Ode active still gives 2 charges?

Also: I apparently missed that food fed to a GGG doesn't take into account whether Milk is active or not, so I'll correct that in the next version. I should probably also stop people from feeding Key Lime Pies to a GGG, since you won't get the key back (Ill hard-code that in).

slyz

Developer
[size=+1]New version: Familiar Feeder 0.6 beta[/size]

You will need daily build 8657 or greater.
You can either use the new Feeder_keep.txt, or add this to your current one:
Code:
seal-skull helmet	1
seal-clubbing club	1
helmet turtle	1
turtle totem	1
ravioli hat	1
pasta spoon	1
saucepan	1
disco mask	1
disco ball	1
mariachi hat	1
stolen accordion	1
Hollandaise helmet	1
old sweatpants	1

• Removed extra charges you could get from feeding your familiar with Ode or Milk active.
  • Added all the items obtained from using a Chewing gum on a string in the defaults Feeder_keep.txt file, so that you always keep one (and never get another one from a chewing gum).
  • Added logic for feeding the hippy outfit: If you have one of the war uniforms, the filthy corduroys will be removed from the items to keep. If you don't have a VIP key, the filthy knitted dread sack will also be removed. In both cases, if your data file is configured to keep all (-1) or more than 1 of these, this logic is overridden.
  • Added logic for feeding the chef's hat: if you can eat and don't have a chef-in-the-box/clockwork chef-in-the-box, it will be added to the items to keep. This can be overridden in the same way as above.
  • Added logic to never feed key lime pies to the GGG (you don't get the key back).

th3y

[*] Added all the items obtained from using a Chewing gum on a string in the defaults Feeder_keep.txt file, so that you always keep one (and never get another one from a chewing gum).

It seems to me that, assuming you have all the items to start with, you could feed one to the slimeling and then immediately buy a replacement for 50 meat (cost of one chewing gum use). So the meat per MP is 50 divided by whatever the charge value is. Sometimes this will be a favorable option, so I think you *would* want to have this option available even when you have only one of a given item.

User workaround, of course, is to remove the items from the keep list if desired.

-Th3y thank you

slyz

Developer
I was thinking about some logic for this. Since they all have the same power (I think, I need to check), I want to add a 'starter item' entry. The script would feed extra ones (all of them if you remove them from the items to keep), then closet every starter item that is feedable and use gums until the amount you want to feed is obtained. This way you still have one of each if you want to get trinkets.

xKiv

I have a nitpick. It's import "SmashLib.ash"; not just import "smashlib.ash". Case is important on some systems!

slyz

Developer
[size=+1]New version: Familiar Feeder 0.61 beta[/size]

Added support for using chewing-gums on strings and feeding the resulting starting items to the Slimeling.
  • If you have all 3 worthless items and old sweatpants, the script will only closet enough starter items to guarantee you will won't get unfeedable items for the chewing-gums.
  • If you don't have all 3 worthless items and old sweatpants, the script will closet all the starter items you currently have to maximize your chance of avoiding unfeedable items. This is not the optimal method (it would be better to use the gums one by one and closet all the starter items you get to always have the lowest chance of getting an unfeedable item), but it's slightly more server-friendly for large amounts (>12).
  • In both cases, the script will put back any item that was moved, but any worthless item you get in the process will stay in your inventory.

I have a nitpick. It's import "SmashLib.ash"; not just import "smashlib.ash". Case is important on some systems!
Also done.

slyz

Developer
[size=+1]New version: Familiar Feeder 0.62 beta[/size]

Added support for feeding Bart Ender beers to the Spirit Hobo. I only tested this with "debug" on, as I don't have a Spirit Hobo.