fake hands

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, I'm working on the "fake hand" part of the new tab on the Gear Changer and I realized that I am in Hardcore and all my Fake Hands are in my Display Case.

No problem; I have a test multi (who also bought a card sleeve so he would work on that, since that is also unavailable to me in Hardcore) - but he has no hands.

No problem; sellbot sells them 5,000 each - but sellbot is sold out.

So ... if anybody has any extras lying around, could you, perhaps, send a few to Tebryn? 3 or 4 would do.

Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Received. Thanks! :)

(I realize it's a joke item, but when it first came out, I went to some effort to make EquipmentRequest parse them from the Equipment page. I may as well make them easier to deal with.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12844 adds initial support for fake hands in the Gear Changer.

- There is now a spinner which goes from 0 to the total number of fake hands you either have equipped or in inventory.
- We detect when fake hands come into inventory and leave it.
- When you change the spinner and click the change gear button, we add hands one at a time (if you are adding hands) or unequip them all (which happens automatically if you unequip one) and add them up to the new number (if you are removing hands)

I didn't check things in the Relay Browser yet, but I suspect it will work; the code I added to track what happens depends on equip and unequip commands being submitted with ajax, and that seems to happen in on the Equipment screen of the inventory, for fake hands at least.

And I just realized that I should probably disable the spinner if you are wielding a two-handed weapon.

I'm going to hold on to your hands for a few days until issues like that get worked out and will then send them back.

Thanks again for the loan!

Bale

Minion
If I had the ability to summon fake hands or the desire to collect them, you would have just made my month. Even so, I'm still tickled that mafia has finally provided support for them. YAY!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have a two-handed weapon equipped.
When I go to the Equipment page of inventory, the "equip" link of the fake hand is crossed out, just like every other off-hand item.
I force the URL to equip it anyway, and it equips it!
I unequip my 2-handed weapon.
I equip my two-handed weapon again.
All of the off-hand items now have active equip links!
If I attempt to equip a shield, it says "You can't equip an off-hand item while wielding a 2-handed weapon."
If I attempt to equip another fake hand, it succeeds.
And if I equip via chat - "equip off-hand fake hand" - it works, although the Gear Changer does not update. Hmm.

So, yeah - equipping fake hands through the Gear Changer is fine - and it will work better than KoL's native inventory page.