Feature Extra choice adventure options for sewer maze

warjunkie

My idea is to have options that would allow a person to open grates/turn valves until they recieve the result text that notifies valves/grates are done. Then mafia will choose tunnels from then on.

Disgustin' Junction
option: open grates, then take tunnels

When mafia gets this choice adventure it chooses 'open grates'.
If the result text says (taken from thekolwiki)

"You tug and tug, but you can't get the crank to budge. Looks like this particular grate is staying closed. Great. Just great."

then choose 'head down the tunnel' from then on

Somewhat Higher and Mostly Dry
option: turn valve, then take tunnel

When mafia gets this choice adventure it chooses 'Turn the valve'.
If the result text says (taken from thekolwiki)

"You grunt as you turn the valve (not because it's hard to turn, just because you like grunting).

There's a gurgle, but the level of the water doesn't change -- looks like it's as low as it can get."

then choose 'head down the dark tunnel' from then on.

I hope this is clear enough to convey what I mean?
This would be great for casual hobopolis.
I know some people in piglets choose 'show in browser' until they are done then automate with take tunnels.

P.S. It would also be nice if the GraphicalCLI showed what result was taken for the choice adventure. Currently the only time i see a result is if i take the tunnel it shows me how many sewer explorations it achieved.

jasonharper

Developer
So how would it know when to go back to opening grates and turning valves? The closing & reopening of Hobopolis is not generally known to mafia.

Fluxxdog

Actually, there might be a way... In the past raid logs, each log is labeled with an ID number to the tune of "clan_raidlogs.php?viewlog=78024". It wouldn't be a stretch to check for the topmost ID number for that type of dungeon to create a "lastHobopolis" or "lastSlimeTube". It would require 1 server hit and then fish out the data. I guess the only thing that puzzles me is how does Mafia know when a character receives a buff from another player? Is it scanning chat for the green message? If so, that would give a real-time assessment of dungeon status (and it's player responsibility to listen to /hobopolis and /slimetube). If not, then I'm lost ^^ (And if there's a way to monitor live chat, that's beyond my knowledge of ASH at the present.)