Feature - Rejected Evil Eye tweaking for speed

mstieler

So, got a question and if that answer's no then a suggestion:

Does Mafia auto-use Evil Eyes if you go to adventure in the (Nook? I think that's the skeleton one...)?

If not, could we get a feature implemented that if we use an Evil Eye from the "things found this combat", it loads it in-line (I think that's what I'm thinking of) so we'd still have the Combat Action Bar (whether KoL's or Mafia's) and have the "adventure again" link up there.

Either that, or, unless there's outcry, just auto-use Evil Eyes before adventuring in the area they're used for, like Mafia does with the Pirate Fledges items.

Mood would be the best solution. The problem with mafia automatically using them is that eventually you are forced to fight the boss, at which point you can no longer fight the monsters in that zone without first defeating the bonerdagon and then getting all 4 zones stuffed into one zone. If you have some sort of skeleton key problem, that could be an issue as it impedes farming it up. Would also be an impediment if anyone's trying to spade something in the zone. The f'c'le does not cost you anything, other than the turn you were going to have to spend anyway. The zone stays open, nothing about it changes. Nook disappears entirely.

have evil eyes in defiled nook get auto-used on drop

While I think this is helpful, I could see some concern/disagreement - so rather than patch first and ask later, I figured I'd ask first this time. :)

Since there's no use for evil eyes other than to speed through the crypt/defiled nook, I propose adding code to auto-use them on drop. Seem reasonable? I could see a case for "hey, I want to use more turns in the nook!", and thus maybe I'd need to figure out a way for folk to opt-out of the auto use? I hesitate to add yet another preference, but... thoughts?

While I also can't think of a reason someone might not want to use the evil eyes as they drop, that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who might. BestBetweenBattle handles evil eyes, and when the afterAdventureScript was added, I moved that to my aAS with some other container like thingies and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

StDoodle

Minion
I might lean toward opt-in rather than opt-out, possibly... but since they're quest items, I don't see the harm; it's not like they'd be mall-sold or autosold. Even if you didn't need to use one, since it dropped on a fight that already brought the boss up... it still has no negative impact whatsoever.

Though, while this might be a bit more work... maybe when you click the "use" link mafia gives for evil eye, and go to inventory, it could have a checkbox for whether or not you want to have mafia auto-use evil eyes from then on? Now that'd be nifty... but probably much, much more work.

Theraze

I'd leave it as an item that should be handled by bBS or aBS rather than being automatically controlled. What if someone wants to farm smart skulls? Auto-using would frustrate them, since the Nook is the best place to find that easily...

Also the best place to farm up skeleton key ingredients, which is mandatory for ascension. And didn't we have this request a week ago?