Equipt - an item selection tool

asturia

Minion
that's not the reason.
For some reason it only thinks that I have 2 time swords.
While the third one is always equiped by the disembodied hand.
I think that confuses the script.

DerDrongo

do you have boolean emptyDisembodiedHand set to true? (the default)
if you manually remove the item from the disembodied hand (or just have the familiar as your current) does the script use all 3?

Alhifar

Equipt refuses to notice that I have a Scratch 'n' Sniff Sword, at least under the Farm, Item Drop, and Meat Drop Modifiers.

-trace produces the following:
Code:
Slot: off-hand
*snip*
meat shield [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 3] [hobo: 3] [sea: 3] [sewers: 3]
spiky turtle shield [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 8] [hobo: 8] [sea: 8] [sewers: 8]
tip jar [can_equip: true] [available: 4] [storage: 0] [remaining: 4] [default: 5] [hobo: 5] [sea: 5] [sewers: 5]
*snip*

Slot: weapon
*snip*
pixel boomerang [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 4] [hobo: 4] [sea: 4] [sewers: 4]
roboduck-on-a-string [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 4] [hobo: 4] [sea: 4] [sewers: 4]
sleazy bindle [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 8] [hobo: 8] [sea: 8] [sewers: 8]
spooky bindle [can_equip: true] [available: 0] [storage: 0] [remaining: 0] [default: 8] [hobo: 8] [sea: 8] [sewers: 8]
*snip*

DQP

-regen takes forever

I just installed this script and called "equipt.ash -regen" to build the map files. And now mafia has been spinning its wheels for about 2 hours ... it's up to Hobo 0.29 MP Regen. My computer is modestly fast and has plenty of RAM, so I don't think that's the issue. But mafia is using 0% of my cpu most of the time -- it's just sitting there not even thinking. Is this unusual? I even bumped the java process priority to high. I had the same kind of problem with Maximize, which lead me to ultimately abandon it. Do I just have too much stuff in my inventory? I think that this would be very useful functionality, I just wish that it didn't take longer to run than it would take me by hand to just do the calculations myself. :dqp-

DerDrongo

if you have having problems when calling -regen then it cant have anything to do with current inventory so its not because you have too many items
it might be because you are using an old java engine

bespite

So I'm curious, can you explain the logic behind the script occasionally switching to the lead necklace or miniature antlers when you have the familiar equipment? For that matter If you want ML why would it use a curmudgeon (+8 ML) instead of the rave whistle or dreadlock whip (each +10 ML)? I'm probably missing something but it seems off to me. Thanks :)

DerDrongo

familiar items are found via available_amount() which can only see items in your inventory, equip items and depending on your mafia settings your closet... this causes problems when a familiar that is not currently selected is holding an item as that item is not counted
(code to fix this is not yet stable but should be included in version 2.0)

as for the missing items the rave whistle works for me (it is selected)... have you done a -regen since the item was supported by mafia?

@Alhifar: i havnt had much of a chance to look into the scratch 'n' sniff yet but should this weekend

bespite

I think both problems were caused by the same thing, my disembodied hand had the whip equipped and so the whistle went to it and I got the curmudgeon. Thanks for clearing that up!

Raven434

> equipt modref

Searching for Modref
Creating item map for: Modref
Failed to generate Item Map for 'Modref', is this the correct case?

Hi,

Using the latest version.

As you can see I typed 'modref', not Modref, so I am not sure why I am getting an error message.

Thanks.

> equipt modref

Searching for Modref
Creating item map for: Modref
Failed to generate Item Map for 'Modref', is this the correct case?

Hi,

Using the latest version.

As you can see I typed 'modref', not Modref, so I am not sure why I am getting an error message.

Thanks.

In the graphical CLI window just type:

modref

This will show you all of the available outfits for equipt. Then you could run

equipt Item Drop

For example.

Having some problems with version 1.8. Can't run the testing script either:

This is running equipt Item Drop

> call scripts/equipt-v1.8.ash

Disembodied Hand is holding a weapon in the Terrarium, removing it
Putting It's Alive! the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot back into terrarium...
Taking Thumbs Up! the Disembodied Hand out of terrarium...
Taking off lead pipe...
Equipment changed.
Putting Thumbs Up! the Disembodied Hand back into terrarium...
Taking It's Alive! the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot out of terrarium...
Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 152.081]
[outfit: Encephalic Ensemble] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 107.08099]
[outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 164.081]
hat: bounty-hunting helmet
shirt: Grateful Undead T-shirt
pants: bounty-hunting pants
weapon: bounty-hunting rifle
offhand: (two handed weapon)
offhand is not empty!: Brimstone Bunker
acc1: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc2: Red Balloon of Valor
acc3: Uranium Omega of Temperance
familiar: Green Pixie
familiar item: little box of fireworks

Putting It's Alive! the Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot back into terrarium...
Taking Tinkerbottle the Green Pixie out of terrarium...
Wielding bounty-hunting rifle...
Equipment changed.
You can't equip an off-hand item while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

> call scripts/equipt_tester.ash

Unknown variable 'test_list' (equipt_tester.ash, line 150)

Also when I went to put on my "Adventures" outfit, it equipped the depleted grimacite
gravy boat (+1 adventure) instead of the time sword offhand (+3 adventures)

Raven434

I am doing something wrong syntax wise.

I just want to do a max of 5 pulls {simulated} to build the best Moxie outfit I can. I have tried various iterations of this.

> equipt -sim -pulls[5] Moxie

Error, finished processing input but still have propertys left: -pulls[5] Moxie

> equipt Moxie -sim -pulls[5]

Searching for Moxie -Pulls[5]
Creating item map for: Moxie -Pulls[5]
Failed to generate Item Map for 'Moxie -Pulls[5]', is this the correct case?

Thanks for the clarification Cpt. Kirk!

Last edited:

hairball

Every time I use this script it works beautifully. Except when I use it to maximize "farm". It complains that I'm in bad moon and can't pull from Hangks. I verified that all of the items it chooses to equip are in fact on my character (and I manually equipped them all to prove it!) but it bombs if I try to let the script do it. It just shows me what it would wear, and then refuses to put it on.

Any ideas? I've looked at the code but haven't really figured out why it does this.

Spiny

Hi there :)

Just downloaded version 1.8 and tried it out for first time. I just poked around with some basic inquiries with the -sim -vverbose flags. For Meat drop, I got the following results:

> call equipt.ash Meat drop -sim -vverbose

Searching for Meat Drop
Fetching item map for 'Meat Drop'
Getting values based on location 'Muscle Vacation'
setting fam to Leprechaun (none) over none (none)
setting fam to Leprechaun (lead necklace) over Leprechaun (none)
setting fam to Hobo Monkey (none) over Leprechaun (lead necklace)
setting fam to Hobo Monkey (lead necklace) over Hobo Monkey (none)
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 222.02986]
hat: ancient turtle shell helmet [score: 10.0]
pants: poodle skirt [score: 25.0]
weapon: world's smallest violin [score: 5.0]
offhand: cup of infinite pencils [score: 15.0]
acc1: pulled porquoise pendant [score: 15.0]
acc2: Order of the Silver Wossname [score: 11.0]
acc3: booty chest charrrm bracelet [score: 10.0]
familiar: Hobo Monkey
familiar item: lead necklace [score: 12.867874]

Fetching item map for 'Meat Drop'
Getting values based on location 'Muscle Vacation'
setting fam to Leprechaun (none) over none (none)
setting fam to Leprechaun (lead necklace) over Leprechaun (none)
setting fam to Hobo Monkey (none) over Leprechaun (lead necklace)
setting fam to Hobo Monkey (lead necklace) over Hobo Monkey (none)
[outfit: Mining Gear] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 172.02986]
hat: miner's helmet [score: 0.0]
pants: miner's pants [score: 0.0]
weapon: 7-Foot Dwarven mattock [score: 0.0]
offhand: (two handed weapon)

hat: ancient turtle shell helmet [score: 10.0]
pants: poodle skirt [score: 25.0]
weapon: world's smallest violin [score: 5.0]
offhand: cup of infinite pencils [score: 15.0]

Sim Complete.
done.

It should be noted that I do have the familiar specific equipment for both the leprechaun and the hobo monkey (currently both equipped on them). The script didn't check for familiar equipment already equipped on familiars. Manually un-equipping the leprechaun and the hobo monkey and re-running the script yielded the proper familiar equipment. Of the items I have on hand, I prefer the ratskin belt over the booty chest charrrm bracelet due to the moxie modifier on it, but granted just checking for meat mods, this wouldn't be considered. Completely baffling was the comparison to wearing the mining outfit?!? The mining hat has an item drop mod, but the outfit doesn't have any sort of meat booster that I'm aware of?

On another note, for the sea, is the diving muff reduction to penalties taken into account in item drop? I don't have the teflon swim fins, but i'd imagine this pertains to them as well.

I did:
> call equipt.ash -sim -area[sea] -item[octopus spade] -familiar[current] -item[ring of conflict] -fill[Item Drop]

Searching for Air Supply (only want 1 item)
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 3.0]
hat: aerated diving helmet
pants: (empty)
weapon: octopus's spade
offhand: (empty)
acc1: ring of conflict
acc2: (empty)
acc3: (empty)
familiar: (locked to) Baby Gravy Fairy
familiar item: (empty)

Searching for Item Drop
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: (none)] [rate: 83.45208]
[outfit: (none)] [hobo: Hodgman's metal detector] [rate: 73.45208]
hat: aerated diving helmet
pants: bounty-hunting pants
weapon: octopus's spade
offhand: Mer-kin takebag
acc1: ring of conflict
acc2: Order of the Silver Wossname
acc3: lucky rabbit's foot
familiar: (locked to) Baby Gravy Fairy
familiar item: das boot

Sim Complete.
done.

I would have assumed the diving muff to offset more than the rabbit's foot?

Anyhow, all told, I see this could be a very useful script to me if I use it carefully :)

Thanks for all the hard work!
-Spiny

Last edited:

dj_d

Another note: equipt.ash prefers to equip a miner hat to a plexiglass pith helmet, even though the pith helmet gives you better +item by buffing your fairy.

DerDrongo

Another note: equipt.ash prefers to equip a miner hat to a plexiglass pith helmet, even though the pith helmet gives you better +item by buffing your fairy.
i am currently working on familiar weight modifiers in addition to familiar decisions... im not having much luck yet so might be a week or two before the next version

dj_d

Neat! As long as I'm carping for features... :) It also could look at your scratch-n-sniff sword and, if the current stickers are appropriate, consider it. This might be something you'd want to control with a setting, though, since the stickers fall off.

I also have a wild and crazy request for consideration (and probable rejection): given a budget of XXXX meat and a minimum duration of Y turns:
- buy buff items to maximize whatever for that many turns
- buy equipment that provides the best increase to (whatever) over what you've got
So I can say that, before I fight hodg, I'm willing to spend 150,000 on +item buffs with a min duration of 1 turn - and it goes and buys all the right stuff. Or I'm willing to spend 1mm meat on +meat items, and it spends that money for the item or items that provide the biggest boost to +meat as compared to what I already have.

Note: if I get to prioritize my wild wishes, this one is pri #2 behind the +ML/mox bit I mentioned earlier. ;)