Bug - Waiting for Info Equip offhand when you have a two hander fails, but Mafia thinks it works

Darzil

Developer
I've noticed that when you have a two handed main hand weapon, and click on an equip link in the relay browser to equip the item, it fails, but Mafia still thinks it was equipped. This means you cannot equip it manually in the Gear Changer until you have equipped something else first, and that Mafia's numbers may be wrong.

A couple of examples. Clicking on the equip link for Glowstick-on-a-String during DB Nemesis quest (leading to Mafia incorrectly believing I had 7 Raveosity), and clicking on Spooky Little Girl link during EMU quest (leading to several turns wasted as the encounters couldn't show up)..

slyz

Developer
Strange, I can't reproduce this. I equipped a two-handed weapon (bounty rifle), then I tried entering the URL to equip a black shield directly, and I tried adventuring in the Black Forest until a black shield dropped to use the [equip] link Mafia provides, but no dice.

In both cases, Mafia submitted the URL and then parsed my current equipment, so it wasn't fooled. In any case, I see this in EquipmentRequest.java:

Code:
if ( result.indexOf( "You put" ) == -1 &&
     result.indexOf( "You equip" ) == -1 &&
     result.indexOf( "Item equipped" ) == -1 &&
     result.indexOf( "equips an item" ) == -1 &&
     result.indexOf( "You apply the shiny sticker" ) == -1 &&
     result.indexOf( "fold it into an impromptu sword" ) == -1 )
{
	KoLmafia.updateDisplay( KoLConstants.ERROR_STATE, result );
	return null;
}
which should prevent Mafia from thinking it equipped the item.

Next time you run across this, could you save the link before clicking it and post it (without your hash)?

Last edited: