Feature - Implemented Drop type not affected by +item

Theraze

Realized today that the vials of slime from the Sauceror Convention Lobby are conditional (you need to use the bottle of Gü-Gone during the last round) and apparently unaffected by item drop rate increases. According to the wiki on the individual slime pages, the drop rate is about 66% and unaffected by item drop bonuses. According to the wiki on the bottle of Gü-Gone page, the drop rate is about 33%. Obviously both aren't right, showing again why we don't trust everything from the wiki. :)

Today with about 170% bonus item drop (so drop rate *2.7) I had 64 drops in my last 106 adventures, which would be in the margin of error for 66% drop rate (~60%).

Today, different character, 22% bonus item drop (so drop rate *1.22) I had 78 drops in my last 115 adventures. This also fits into the margin of error for 66% drop rate (~67%).

All of these were done using only the bottle of Gü-Gone using the custom combat tab as a simple action without noodles, so there weren't any instances where the familiar could have killed the slime without the bottle also being used.

220 adventures is a relatively small sample pool, but it fits with the written data that item drop doesn't affect vial drop rate, as well as that the drop rate is about 66%.

What I'd like to request is a type of drop rate similar to the current 'c' that's not pickpocket-able, but also not affected by drop rate modifiers. This would let us actually look at the summary tab and see that yes, we have a 2/3 chance of getting the vial, not a 3/3, and if you fail to get a drop there or in other areas with similar drops despite massive +item bonuses, it's because TPTB designed it that way, not because mafia is bugged or has wrong data.

Edit: 181 adventures, 120 drops. 66.29% on those adventures. With +166% item drop.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
Added in revision 10405, the new drop type is 'f' for fixed drop rate. I added that type to the slime vials, are there any other monsters that have items with a fixed drop rate?

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I just looked and the wiki actually has drop percentages now (fixed at 20%) so I'll go ahead add those.

Edit: r10406

I also added the mother slime drops and set the chamoisole to 5%.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Without actually checking anything, I would expect that to already be accounted for in the code somewhere. No need to flag them unless there are ever exceptions to that rule or it allows the code to be simplified. Also, since the flag implies conditional and unpickpocketable currently, it would require other changes.

Theraze

Well, even if a drop begins with a 100% drop rate, if you're using the SCUBA suit or something similar to drop your percentage, it doesn't necessarily stay guaranteed at 100%, right?

GValko

No. 100% drops will always drop. Try putting on a makeshift turban and fighting any boss.

(Really, if it were possible to not get a 100% guaranteed drop, you would be unable to complete the level 11 quest)

Last edited: