Feature - Implemented Dreadsylvanian Hard Mode/Superbosses (Spoilers)

HasteBro

According to this post and a few others in the Dreadsylvania thread in GD, if you use certain items against the bosses you get a harder version of the boss plus extra loot.

It would be nice if Mafia checked for the equipped items in the Boss' Non Combat and suggested equipping it (or gave a link to equip it). So far only 2 items are known, as suggested by the mentioned post above

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I posted about this on the Dreadsylvania New Content thread and am working on it as we speak.
Note that we can't give you a link to equip the items, since when you are about to confront the boss, you are in a choice adventure.

Fluxxdog

Actually, you could. The link would back you out of the adventure, equip/whatever, then go back to the area. The adventure can be skipped without wasting a turn.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Let me adjust what I said:

"Note that we can't give you a link to equip the items without adding complicated multi-request special case code to KoLmafia unlike anything that already exists in that program."

The closest equivalent would be adding a "boss warning" to the actual choice adventure for the Baron - and we didn't do that. Instead, once we have seen that the Baron is in a particular square, when you go back to that square, we offer the boss warning before we submit the request to visit the square.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12432 adds the following spoilers to the appropriate choices. The Woods and Castle get two spoilers each, separated by " / ". The Village gets one.

"moon-amber necklace equipped"
"moon-amber necklace NOT equipped but in inventory"
"moon-amber necklace neither equipped nor available"

"First Blood Kiwi and blind"
"First Blood Kiwi but NOT blind"
"bloody kiwitini in inventory"
"First Blood Kiwi neither active nor available"

"Dreadsylvanian auditor's badge equipped"
"Dreadsylvanian auditor's badge NOT equipped but in inventory"
"Dreadsylvanian auditor's badge neither equipped nor available"

"ghost shawl equipped"
"ghost shawl NOT equipped but in inventory"
"ghost shawl neither equipped nor available"

"Shepherd's Breath active"
"Dreadsylvanian shepherd's pie in inventory"
"Shepherd's Breath neither active nor available"

xKiv

Actually, you could. The link would back you out of the adventure, equip/whatever, then go back to the area. The adventure can be skipped without wasting a turn.

I wouldn't want mafia to do this unless it somehow knows which boss is really there, anyway. Can we tell which boss is there without spending a turn trying to "fight" it?

Darzil

Developer
I wouldn't want mafia to do this unless it somehow knows which boss is really there, anyway. Can we tell which boss is there without spending a turn trying to "fight" it?

Spading is getting close. It could be as simple as whichever has been banished least, if equal, the one you've killed most of. It could prove to be whichever you've banished last, but the logs will not show that. I suspect that other than for spading, there will be few times people ever banish both types, and when nothing banished it has been the one killed most of every time I've heard about.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
All of those methods require parsing the log, which mafia is not going to do. So, regardless of what gets figured out, mafia will not know which boss is up when you reach the choice adventure.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Darzil: I've seen evidence to the contrary for both of those theories. I think the current leading theory is "more common type, tie-broken by original distribution".