Feature - Rejected Don't suggest making Aerated Diving Helmet at Prism if you already have one ?

Darzil

Developer
Several useful things are suggested at the Prism, which give you benefits at tiny cost.

An Aerated Diving Helmet, whilst useful, cannot be traded or discarded, and costs quite a bit if you don't have all the other materials (just over 40k at today's prices). If you already have one, you don't need another unless you are a collector, so can it not be suggested if you already have one?

Unless of course I'm missing something obvious.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The obvious thing you are missing is something you pointed out yourself: it's a reminder of use to collectors - and probably only them. You don't want to use the link? Don't use it.

I don't see how it harms you in any way to see it.

Darzil

Developer
Fair enough. I clicked it assuming it wouldn't be there if it cost me anything significant and lost 40k. I guess there is lots of stuff that could be added if it is considering anything that might be lost. Will keep an eye out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The only things that get "lost" are quest items. The bubblin' stone is a quest item whose only use is to make an aerated diving helmet - which is not a quest item. If - and only if - you have a bubblin' stone in your inventory when you ascend, we remind you that you might want to do something with it.

If it costs nothing to convert a quest item into a non-quest item - using 31337 scrolls, for example - we do it automatically. If it costs resources (turns or meat) - convert quest keys into key limes/pies - we tell you about it and let you decide what to do.

There are other one-per ascension things we COULD remind you about - get a towel, get a silver shrimp fork, whatever - but all of them require adventuring somewhere. We don't suggest that kind of thing. Except, possibly, turning in rat whiskers: if you have not completed the Artist quest, that will take turns. I guess we remind you to turn them in because you might have completed the artist's quest and a simple visit will turn in the rat whiskers.

By all means - tells us about quest items that you can convert to non-quest items that we don't already auto-use or remind you about.

Darzil

Developer
Maps to Grimace/Ronald? They can be used when overdrunk, unlike turning in whiskers when artist quest isn't complete (which I note Roippi has just addressed), though they do require adventures and a transponder, so maybe only offer if the character isn't already overdrunk and at zero turns. The items to reduce fullness on foods or current drunk can be handy and are certainly worth an overdrunk turn.

Not a quest item, but maybe a reminder if you haven't summoned all three Tome items (and you have a Tome) ?

Looking at the code (I should do that more) does show that the aerated helmet is the only one that costs a significant amount to achieve, rest are trivial indeed.

Last edited: