Bug - Fixed Dolphin thieves aren't underwater

Theraze

According to KoL, dolphin thieves aren't underwater. This can be easily proven by casting summon levituga, which gives you the following message:
You're fighting a rotten dolphin thief
HP: 602, Atk: 402, Def: 362, Type: fish
Drops: flytrap pellet (100 no pp)

That skill only works underwater.
Guessing that the rotten dolphin thieves must have stolen a diving suit and filled it with water or something similar? Anyways, apparently the underwater penalties don't apply to them.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK. I think I figured out what you were getting. We do set the "last location" to None, but we don't update modifiers to reflect that. It would have been nice if you had said "I did such-and-such, I expected to see this, instead I saw that." rather than forcing me to try and guess what you didn't like.

Revision 10393 should recalculate modifiers when you use an item that generates a monsters.

Theraze

I believe it was that when I was in combat with them, mafia was still displaying the -100% item drop rate for being underwater. I believe mafia also thought that skills like summon levituga were available, but this bug report was 3 months ago, so I might be misremembering, but I think what triggered the bug report was possibly that DAM decided that its next best attack was to kill a thief with levituga and it failed because the dolphin wasn't underwater.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
DAM decided that its next best attack was to kill a thief with levituga and it failed because the dolphin wasn't underwater.
Now, see - that would have helped. I assume DAM gets the location using "my_location()" - which looks at the lastAdventure setting - which is set to "None" when you fight an item-generated monster. That was fixed in revision 9383 from June 3, 2011, so should have been long-fixed by the time your wrote that bug report. Or, perhaps DAM figures out that you are underwater in some other way.

I don't feel like going to look at the script to figure that out.

Theraze

Ah, sorry. I believe it was it doing it wrong, but it's possible I was using the visible display to decide what to do after it aborted, and expected it to be underwater based on the visible modifier. Thanks for making the display update!