New Content - Implemented Disco Bandit Revamp

Darzil

Developer
I was actually talking about the non-CAB buttons; the ones that dynamically update as you use skills rather than require you to drag the skills you want into a bar that won't be useful tomorrow unless you're in aftercore... :) </editorial slant>

The mafia CAB buttons, yes, these are of course the ones I'm looking at.

Theraze

Apologies. I thought the CAB buttons were the ones that looked like they were from a MMORPG rather than the ones that looked like they were from a 90s Visual Basic 4.0 program. :) VB FTW.

Awesome though. Should be nice to have the stuff only available when it's actually available. And not when it isn't.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Something odd. I just started a new run as a DB. (That's not so odd.)

I bought the "That's Not a Knife" skill.
KoLmafia tells me I learned a new skill
I went to the Use Skill panel, and there it is.
I told KoLmafia to cast it and ... nothing.
It did not make a request.
I went to the Relay Browser and looked at the Skills dropdown.
There it was. I told KoL to cast it.
It used the skill and gave me a knife.

Darzil

Developer
Interesting, I wonder if that applies to all newly learned summoning skills from guild, or all newly learned summoning skills, or just this one.

Edit - I failed to cast it from the Use Skill panel, having succeeded yesterday from the browser. Definitely an issue casting it from the Use Skill panel.

Edit 2 - Also looks to be a once a day skill, which fails with a message if you already have the knife from the appropriate level range, so we'll want to track the casting, if we don't get the failure message.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I failed to cast it from the Use Skill panel, having succeeded yesterday from the browser. Definitely an issue casting it from the Use Skill panel.
The issue is in UseSkillRequest.setBuffCount().

Code:
		int mpCost = SkillDatabase.getMPConsumptionById( this.skillId );
		if ( mpCost == 0 )
		{
			this.buffCount = 0;
			return;
		}
I'm sure that eliminates the potential divide by zero error later in the method, but it is wrong.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I think that is a bug - but the other bug is that this skill (and Hibernate) are both "MP Cost: N/A" skills which we did not yet add to SkillDatabase.isNonMpCostSkill.

Revision 12949 fixes that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Adding a new skill type for the facial expression set, and appropriate handling.
Still need this. Shouldn't be too hard; I assume they behave like Songs. Or do they? If you cast a Facial Expression, does it automatically remove the previous one, or does it give you an error message and just fail to use the skill?

Other knife summons at other levels - if so need to add them (Edit - added one in 12939, as I realised I could afford the skill, just. Probably one or two more to get)
The one I summoned this morning wasn't even the Wiki. It handily fills in the item number gap for the new knives. This is probably done.

Tricky Knifework - make able to hit based on Moxie or Muscle, whichever is higher, wielding a knife.
You did this.

Greying out Combat Action Bar buttons if they can't be used as there are lots of 1/combat skills added (poss based on contents of skill dropdown). Not really DB revamp related, this just makes it more obvious.
You did this.

Looking good. I'm gone for the day, but if you get the Facial Expressions in, I'll spin a new release tomorrow. I realize we have anew IOTM coming, and an AT revamp, and a new challenge path, and and and... well, there's always a reason to wait. But lets get the current Build of Goodness officially released.

Darzil

Developer
Still need this. Shouldn't be too hard; I assume they behave like Songs. Or do they? If you cast a Facial Expression, does it automatically remove the previous one, or does it give you an error message and just fail to use the skill?

Removes it.

The one I summoned this morning wasn't even the Wiki. It handily fills in the item number gap for the new knives. This is probably done.

There is still a gap in the numbers (6790). It's possible there is a knife, as boot knife (6789) is level ?-2-?, sharpened spoon (6791) is level ?-6-8. according to wiki. However, progression is also 50-100-150-200 power, and 0-20-40-60 muscle requirement, which weighs in against it.

Edit - Also Knife summon looks to be a once a day skill, which fails with a message if you already have the knife from the appropriate level range, so we'll want to track the casting, if we don't get the failure message.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you cast it and fail to get the knife, the skill is still used up for the day, so the response text doesn't really matter there.

Bale

Minion
In r12953 Darzil added tracking for disco knife summoning: _discoKnife

Is there anything left to implement?

Darzil

Developer
r12955 adds Expression skill type, and Expressions and Songs filters on Skill Casting tab.

Only thing I can see that is implemented for Songs and not Expressions is the maximal set auto-fill for Mood Manager. It is only partially implemented for Songs (only Boris songs). Not sure I want to touch that one as it'd have about as many 'right' answers as there are users of Mafia, and I could put pretty strong cases that the existing stuff isn't great. I guess in an ideal world maximiser wouldn't suggest a song or expression (or buff etc) that made a score worse than the current one. That doesn't seem to be in place for songs as far as I see, and I'm not planning to dive into that one just yet.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, the "autofill with a maximal set" for new moods is a little questionable, once you have lots and lots of skills, in my opinion. That's probably worthy of a Feature Request of its own - if anybody cares about it.

Bale

Minion
KoLmafia 16.1 was released and I'm marking this content implemented.

If there is anything left, a new feature request can be opened.