Bug - Not A Bug defaults for DataUtilities.toColor and UpdateCheckThread.run

capitol

Hi

I'm not totally sure on how your process work, so this might be the wrong way of doing stuff.

But i thought that i should fix some minor user interface things that i have been thinking about, and checked out the code from svn and ran it in my IDE.

And it seems like there was two functions that didn't get the correct input due to that the program didn't find the correct resource, and therefore threw exceptions that wasn't handled and it crashed.

So i patched those two functions so that they have somewhat better handling of that case.

I realize that this isn't really a bug, since it would be pretty normal to assume that these resources will be there, so, feel free to do what ever you want with the code :)

The last issue in the patch is a javadoc fix, it was a variable that was wrongly named and described.

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ or the "Read Me First" about patches, maybe it would be good to write something about how you want the process to look like?

Attachments

• start_in_intellij.patch
    2 KB · Views: 28

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Welcome. The processes you are looking for are not well documented, primarily because there are only a small handful of people who would use them. What generally happens is a non-dev submits a patch by posting here and explaining why it is a good idea. People may install the patch, test it, advocate for it and eventually a dev will either agree to submit it or explain why that Ain't Gonna Happen.

That said, my first question is to ask whether the resource problem you fixed is related to your build environment and not mafia in general? I will also note that the spellcast and forum subtrees both have code that mafia obtained from somewhere else. Thus if the problem is there then I would first do some serious searching to see whether the original author had noted the problem and addressed it.

roippi

Developer
Old thread that had to do with an issue in the user's build environment. In any case the patches provided are certainly stale. Closing