Bug - Cannot Reproduce Data Overrides Not Working

Cait

Using revision 10179 - As per the instructions for doing Data Overrides (http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/overriding.html), I attempted to add Summon Resolutions as an override to classskills.txt, imitating the other Libram summons but with the site-scraped skill ID (8105). However, nothing happened on exiting Kolmafia and reopening it, though it claimed to have loaded the override file. To further test, I tried deleting some skills from the list as per the Data Override instructions and resetting Mafia again: Still doesn't load anything from the override. I've since tried editing adventures.txt, buffbots.txt, and familiars.txt to similarly no effect.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You cannot override Bookshelf skills, since they need to be invoked via campground.php, not via the normal use_skill.php method. i don't see that changing, since they also require specific "preaction" fields which cannot be deduced from the skill id or the skill name.

Nobody except you has any problem getting an adventure.txt override to work, others have overridden buffbots.txt, and I, personally, have overridden familiars.txt with no problem.

You will have to describe precisely what you did when you "edited" adventures.txt, buffbots.txt, and familiars.txt. In particular, exactly where you found the files, and exactly what you did to them. You could attach the edited files here, as well, so we could verify that you are using TAB characters, rather than spaces, for example...