Crate Expectations

nikcool

Hi,

I started a new ascension a couple of days ago, and decided to use bumcheekascend to get me through some of my ascension.

I got as far as the tavern basement, to 'Crate Expectations', and mafia stopped and asked me to use the relay browser. The relay browser was blank, so I tried the mini browser.

The mini browser had one choice for me to choose from. I chose it, and got the same screen, with a weird choice. When I tried it again, I got the screen with no choice.

After trying both the relay and the mini browser I logged out of mafia and closed the program and tried it in firefox. The bottom three panes are blank and the top does not work.

I restarted and tried to open kol again. It still doesn't work. I don't know what to do, and I'd like to at least be close to aftercore when Crimbo starts.

I have tried in firefox and chrome. I can log in on other accounts and it works just fine, but I have not gotten to the tavern yet to see if I can reproduce this behavior.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Nik

Theraze

The KoLmafia tavern auto-solver appears to currently be broken, or at least not properly setting the location initially. It looks like it might set the location after the choice is complete, but the rats are unknown monsters that can't be automated initially, as WHAM believes that it's fighting a monster with no name. That to say, finish the tavern, once you get to the desert finish that... and BCA should do the rest.

To get out of this, if mafia is actually getting stuck as you said, possibly because it's getting confused with where it's at and you have a relay script that's trying to do something... Log into vanilla mafia, finish the tavern, and after the tavern is done you should be able to go back to automating happily.

nikcool

Thank you! After updating my browser and java, I did have to do the tavern manually, but everything works fine. Thanks so much for your help.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Of marginal interest, but if the relay browser is blank then using the browser's refresh command will often yield a usable page. That might not have helped here but I would have tried it before logging out and so on. I'll also note that the last time I ran mafia's built in Tavern solvers they worked for me so if it is broken, it is broken under specific conditions, which I was lucky enough not to encounters.

Theraze

BCA calls mafia's tavern function and BCA hasn't quite worked properly on solving that since the location-tracking revamp. Of course, I keep forgetting to grab a useful debug log until after I've run a combat or two manually, at which point it no longer has the problem, which means that I wouldn't be able to write up the useful bug report, and so... it still doesn't exist, from me, at least. But yeah, the ASH function tavern() appears to not initially set location/combats properly. Hopefully I'll be able to write up a useful bug report on it after Crimbo.