CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

Ferdawoon

CounterChecker do not complain about there being a newer version so I assume I have the newest. Just got this.

Code:
Visit to Island: Barrrney's Barrr in progress...
WARNING: Unreachable code (CounterChecker.ash, line 334)
Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.49995)...
Running CounterChecker version: 1.49995 (current)
Checking counters now.
Searching for "tasty tart"...
Search complete.
3 tasty tarts are currently selling for 3,200 meat each.
BaleCC_next => Haunted Pantry

Then the script go and get the tasty tarts, so it is still working. Just thought I should mention the "WARNING: Unreachable code (CounterChecker.ash, line 334)" part =)
The line number 'might' be out of sync as (I think) I'm using a modified version (to favor certain SR during a run), but the warning is in a part that have not been fiddled with.

Thanks for an awsome script :D

Bale

Minion
Released CounterChecker v1.49996

This release switches from perm_urlcheck() to using roippi's awesome quest tracking. That eliminates server hits! Oh, and it also eliminates any warnings for unreachable code.

Theraze

Awesome... that should stop it from saying that Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary is permanently unlocked. Forgot that CounterChecker also set it, and I've been holding off updating CanAdv while I tried to figure out how I'd set that as permanently available when it isn't. :D

Since as soon as you use perm_urlcheck, it marks it in the forever unlocked set for CanAdv... Looks like the Dark Part of the Woods had the same issue, but my goget alias didn't try to go there for shysterweeds, so... :)

Bale

Minion
Feel free to adapt that into CanAdv! The less you need perm_urlcheck(), the better. I am quite happy to be completely free of that mechanism now.

Winterbay

Yeah, I should look over the version I put into Bumcheekascend for the levelling as well I guess, at the moment it is basically a truncated version of canadv :)

eegee

Can I suggest the addition of the following code at line 302? AFAIK there is no KoLmafia pre-consumption script, else I would add it there.

Code:
	else while(toEat()) {
		if((mall_price($item[milk of magnesium]) < to_int(get_property("valueOfAdventure"))) && have_effect($effect[got milk]) == 0)
			use(1, $item[milk of magnesium]);
		if(mall_price($item[munchies pill]) < (to_int(get_property("valueOfAdventure")) * 3))
			use(1, $item[munchies pill]);
		eatsilent(1, $item[fortune cookie]);
	}

Theraze

Also, I'd suggest checking if it's actually available to you to avoid spamming people in HC/ronin.
Code:
		if((mall_price($item[milk of magnesium]) < to_int(get_property("valueOfAdventure"))) && have_effect($effect[got milk]) == 0 && (can_interact() || available_amount($item[milk of magnesium]) > 0))
			use(1, $item[milk of magnesium]);
		if(mall_price($item[munchies pill]) < (to_int(get_property("valueOfAdventure")) * 3) && (can_interact() || available_amount($item[munchies pill]) > 0))
			use(1, $item[munchies pill]);
		eatsilent(1, $item[fortune cookie]);
That doesn't allow for all circumstances, but it's faster code than ED uses, so... :)

The big problem with the Glorious Lunch is that you only have the single song slot. So if you want it, it's taking away anything else, which might be needed for your further survival later. There's not a GOOD way to decide that part of it. Unfortunately. But if you want to do that, and you don't use any other songs... great. If you do use songs, and you know what you're going to be replacing after... great.

I see those more as a hardcoded single-user modification than as getting added to the main script, however.

For that matter, if you're using milk, you may just want to abort after eating the fortune cookie, to make more use of your boosted consumption turns. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Fwoosh

Seems like a hiccup happened today while i was farming the castle. Script also didnt eat a fortune cookie after :(

Code:
Request 174 of 203 (Beanstalk: Giant's Castle) in progress...
Checking counters now.
A teeny-tiny magic scroll is currently selling for 17,000 meat .

Visit to Island: Hippy Camp in progress...
You can't get to that area.

Oops, that wasn't the right number!

[12473] Giant's Castle
Encounter: All The Rave
You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler

Theraze

Well, it didn't think that you'd actually got the right adventure since, as it says, it wasn't able to go to the hippy camp.

What does get warProgress and get sideDefeated return? Like this:
> get warProgress

unstarted

> get sideDefeated

neither

Fwoosh

Well, it didn't think that you'd actually got the right adventure since, as it says, it wasn't able to go to the hippy camp.

What does get warProgress and get sideDefeated return?

Exactly what you quoted, since the Island War quest was never done on my KoLmafia (The hiccup was from babysitting a friend's character, while hes away on holiday :p)

Judging by the question you asked, I'm positive Bale's script does check for that, since I've never had this problem before. (Logic error and the fault's mine, sorry)

Is there anyway I can change the values of get warProgress and get sideDefeated?

Theraze

Just use the = sign to set them to whatever's right. Here's an example of where I defeated the frat boys...
> get warProgress

finished

> get sideDefeated

fratboys
So you'd do
get warProgress=finished
get sideDefeated=fratboys
to set that. If you actually got a Wossname, it's both. Else it'll be fratboys or hippies.

BladeLight

Hey guys, I was just wondering how you cancel a counter, I tried removing the counter from relay browser but the script keeps going back to ballroom (Dance Cards)

Bale

Minion
You can stop CounterChecker from using a new dance card:

> zlib balecc

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib BaleCC_ImprovePoolSkills = false
zlib BaleCC_SellSemirare = false
zlib BaleCC_SemirareWindowContinue = false
zlib BaleCC_SrInHC = false
zlib BaleCC_useDanceCards = true

zlib BaleCC_useDanceCards = false

To cancel a counter, click on the counter time in the relay browser. There is no cli command so you need to use the relay browser.

BladeLight

You can stop CounterChecker from using a new dance card:

zlib BaleCC_useDanceCards = false

To cancel a counter, click on the counter time in the relay browser. There is no cli command so you need to use the relay browser.
Thanks!

Winterbay

A tiny change for Zombie Slayers:
Lines 731-733:
Code:
    case "Semirare window begin":
        print("Your semi-rare might happen any moment! You might want to eat a fortune cookie now. Or not?", "red");
        return (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer" || to_boolean(vars["BaleCC_SemirareWindowContinue"]));

Not perfect but works (it should probably not print the message since you can't eat anyway, but it's better than aborting).

Theraze

I put this into the eat_cookie() function, since sometimes I hit semirares accidentally (or on purpose, if there happens to be a bounty at the BA or somewhere else that's actually still useful during ZM runs)...
Code:
	if(my_class() == $class[Zombie Master])
		print("You hunger for brains, not cookies. Tasty, tasty brains...", "red");
	else if(my_fullness() >= fullness_limit())
Obviously replaces the normal
Code:
	if(my_fullness() >= fullness_limit())

Bale

Minion
Theraze, the script will never try to eat a cookie in a zombie run because that will only happen if you have already eaten a cookie. If you hit a semi-rare through adventuring the message will not appear. At least not through my script. BBB might want to eat a cookie as you noted in that other thread. Winterbay is on to something though.

Theraze

Ah... thought it would eat if you managed to randomly trigger. But yeah, makes sense that it wouldn't, since you don't actually have the cookie counter, it just adds another semirare counter. *nods* Sorry, didn't completely work through the logic on that.