Feature - Implemented Count hipster combats

Theraze

Which explains why the Sombrero is only considered useful if there's no Sandworm... logical.

Anyone know more about the hipster drop chances? Think that's the only bit left before it's done...

slyz

Developer
I don't think Mafia tracks the rates of drops/free combats, but according to the spading over at kolspading, the chances of an encounter for the hipster are 50/40/30/20/10/10/10.

EDIT: oh, you meant item drop rates of course ^^

StDoodle

Minion
Any new info on this? Tracking of hipster combats would be really nice to support in my daily deeds script, even if I don't have one myself. ;)

Theraze

Yeah... use the HipsterTracking patch I included in post 19, and it's fully tracked. The only thing is doesn't have accurate is the chance of the Hipster combats dropping the items, but everything else is ready to be included in the main build. :)

Edir

Bump. Any update to this? This sounds like a very nice feature to have, so I'm sorta surprised it's not yet in an official/daily build.

Grotfang

Developer
I have two problems with this. The first is I don't really understand the code, so can't see how reliable it is just by looking at it, the second is that while I have a hipster, I haven't used it yet, so haven't tested it. I have some turns to burn before my next ascension (have now got demon names and done my nemesis) so I will give this a try. Before I apply it, though, may I confirm this line is actually correct:

Code:
-                                + " hare, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_riftletAdv" )
+                                + " hare, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_hipsterAdv" )
+                                + " hipster, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_riftletAdv" )

To me it looks as though _hipsterAdv and _riftletAdv are the wrong way round (lines 66-68 of the patch in post 19). Could someone with the patch already applied confirm it works before I test it myself?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
First, the patch works. Second, that part of the file that you quoted is written in such a way that it is destined for confusion. The name of the counter and the thing it tracks really should be on the same line. So,
Code:
+ Preferences.getInteger( "_hipsterAdv" ) + " hipster, "
would be one line of code. If you mean that the order is switched from the other addition to the file, then at the very least it doesn't seem to cause any issues. I applied the changes by hand because for some reason the patch failed to merge for me, and all of it made sense as I made the changes.

The only thing I haven't tested through regular adventuring so far is fighting a hipster monster with spooky putty or a 4-d camera, which should not increase the counter.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. If the code had been written:
Code:
			this.setText( "Advs: "
                                      + Preferences.getInteger( "_gibbererAdv" ) + " gibberer, "
                                      + Preferences.getInteger( "_hareAdv" ) + " hare, "
                                      + Preferences.getInteger( "_riftletAdv" ) + " riftlet, "
                                      + Preferences.getInteger( "_timeHelmetAdv" ) + " time helmet, "
                                      + Preferences.getInteger( "_vmaskAdv" ) + " V mask" );
it would have been obvious what was happening when the new line was added. Feel free to adjust the code to look like that. ;)

Theraze

Yes... the way the code works currently, it works like this:
Code:
    this.setText( "Advs: " + Preferences.getInteger( "_gibbererAdv" )
                                 + " gibberer, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_hareAdv" )
                                 + " hare, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_riftletAdv" )
                                 + " riftlet, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_timeHelmetAdv" )
                                 + " time helmet, "  + Preferences.getInteger( "_vmaskAdv" )
                                 + " V mask");

If you look, each description is actually describing the line above... this is why it LOOKS wrong, but actually my code is right. :D But as Veracity says I can make it look right as well as be right, I'll whip up another patch that makes it look right as well, and attach it to this post.

Edit: Patch should make this look more logical. Also fixed the other spots in the daily deeds where people had 8-spaced instead of tabbed.

Edit2: Tweaked it to not officially conflict with the latest version of the DailyDeeds panel. Since it was just redone with spaces instead of tabs, it's officially "different" and breaks with the patch. No changes, besides making it not a conflict.

Attachments

• HipsterTracking2.patch
    7.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Theraze

Oh yes... while I remember, yes, the hipster combat counts shouldn't be incremented by putty/camera fights... It uses the same system as semi-rare monster tracking; if fight is begun there, don't increment.