Bug Council quest recognition problem in You, Robot

adeyke

There are some problems with how KoLmafia recognizes quest status in You, Robot.

For the level 5 quest, the questscouncil.txt entry is missing the <p> tag, but I think this doesn't manifest as a problem because the quest status is also being updated by the map item. Still, here's the quest text:
Code:
Well, Adventurer-Bot, it's time to send you out on a real assignment. We've gotten word from our spies that the Knob Goblins are working on robots of their own, and the last thing we want around here is a robot arms race. Or a robot legs race. ...I'm not sure where I was going with that joke.<p>Anyway, we need you to get into Cobb's Knob, and destroy their test robot -- which they have probably made their King, because the goblins are weird like that. Our spies said there's a secret entrance into the Knob, and they sent us this map, but it's encrypted. Robots are supposed to be real good at that sort of thing, so maybe you can figure it out? Or maybe just beat up some guards until you find a decryption key, like a human adventurer would do, it's up to you.

For the level 7, and 11 quests, the missing <p> tag is causing those quests not to be recognized:
Code:
Ah, good, our robot's back. We've got another task for you -- another robot-themed one, actually, which is a funny coincidence. There's a place we call the Cyrpt, which is out by the Misspelled Cemetary -- yes, we know, just add it to your dictionary. Anyway, usually we have to deal with evil emanations coming out of there, but this time it's just some kind of electromagnetic interference? Like errant radio waves or something, is what the lab guys said. They gave me this scanner thing to give to you, but I don't see anywhere to plug it in... I guess I can just duct-tape it to the top of you. There. You should be able to use that to find the source of the problem.<p>Oh, and I guess I should specify -- after you've found the source, eliminate it.

Code:
Oh look, it's the Council's favorite and only robot. Good timing, we've got another mission for you. It seems that your "father" -- by which I mean, the guy who wrote the software for your brain -- has gone missing. The last thing he was working on was tracking down some kind of lost technology or something called the Holy MacGuffin. We're hoping it's some kind of super-weapon, or an infinite clean energy source, you know, something cool like that. So, since the other guy's vanished, we're gonna need you to pick up the trail.<p>His notes on the search were found at his hotel in Distant Lands, so you'll have to go pick them up first. Since you're heavy as heck and it would cost a fortune to ship you there, we've decided to just leave the travel planning to you. If you get a fake passport from the Black Market, that should be all you need to deal with the Travel Agency at the Shore. Their security isn't exactly known for being rigorous. You might have to declare yourself at Customs on the other end, though.<p>Anyway, once you've recovered that guy's notes, find the Holy MacGuffin and bring it back to us.

The level 9 quest is also either missing a <p> tag or the text regarding the leaflet quest should be omitted. Based on how the other paths are treating that quest, I'm assuming the former is right:
Code:
Okay, robot -- can I call you Robby? No? Well, I don't think you have a say in it really, Robby. Anyway, there's another guy we need to loan you out to -- a minor noble called Black Angus. His tower is in the Highlands, on the other side of the Orc Chasm. Go see if you can fix whatever problem he's having.

Then there's a problem with detecting the level 12 quest concluding. The questscouncil.txt is missing the <i> tags, but that shouldn't matter. More relevantly, the current text applies ("jerk-free") applies only when playing for the hippy side. When playing for the frat side, it instead says "hippy-free". Here's the full text for that:
Code:
Great job crushing those smelly hippies under your iron boots. Or treads, or wheels, or whatever. I'd offer you a vacation on our nice new hippy-free vacation island, but I'm pretty sure a robot on vacation is a nonsense idea. Instead, we're giving you this war medal, which is also pretty ridiculous, since we don't give medals to, like, <i>guns</i>, but we've got a bunch of these things lying around anyway, so why not. Want me to have a mechanic weld it to your chest? No? Okay, suit yourself.

I also noticed that some other paths' entries have text for the step1 of the level 12 quest, as well as the alternative texts you get when vising the council again before the quest is done, so in case you want those, here they are:
2 start second visit:
Code:
Look, don't drop the ball this early -- I don't need a new vacuum cleaner.  Navigate to the Spooky Forest, and use those expensive sensors and stuff to find a mosquito larva.

3 start second visit:
Code:
What are you doing back here, robot? You're supposed to be out defeating a boss. Did your map data get corrupted? Or did someone pick you up and turn you around 180 degrees, so you've been walking the wrong way? Your target can be found in the Bat Hole, in the Nearby Plains.

4 start second visit:
Code:
The owner of the Typical Tavern says you haven't finished clearing the rats out of his basement yet. This doesn't look good on your stats tracking, you know. Come on, get a move on. We didn't spend all that Meat building you so you could <i>not</i> do what we tell you.

5 start second visit:
Code:
You need to find your way into Cobb's Knob, Adventurer. Try looking around the Outskirts for a clue that might help you figure out that map we gave you. ...Is a "clue" a thing that robots understand? Try looking for additional data that can be correlated to data you already have, until you have enough to compute a solution to the problem.

6 start second visit:
Code:
Hey, robot, the Deep Fat Friars still need you to fix their demon problem. Or "repair their demon malfunction", or however a robot would say it. They're in the Distant Woods, if that nugget of information somehow got wiped from your memory.

7 start second visit:
Code:
We're still getting some kind of "broad-band electromagnetic radiation" coming out of the Cyrpt. Or at least, the lab geeks are, and they told us about it, so now we're telling <i>you</i> about it, and we want you to go there and stop it, whatever it is.

8 start second visit:
Code:
Apparently, you still haven't dealt with whatever the trapper's problem is. Did we forget to make it clear that you're supposed to do what he tells you, the same as when <i>we</i> tell you to do things? Because if we didn't, then yeah -- he does have that command access, at least for now. So, y'know, get to it. Beep boop.

9 start second visit:
Code:
Seems like you aren't finished dealing with whatever Black Angus's deal is. C'mon Robby, get a move on.

10 start second visit:
Code:
Hey, seriously, we need you to go deal with that garbage that's piling up on the Nearby Plains. The roaches living in it aren't nearly as cute as the one in the cartoon.

11 start second visit:
Code:
Are you making any progress getting your father's diary and retrieving the Holy MacGuffin? I know the idea that you have a "father" might be causing some philosophical confusion for your weird robot brain, but you're supposed to be pretty good at multitasking, so get on with it.

12 start second visit:
Code:
We haven't heard any news of war on the Mysterious Island yet. You haven't just been playing video games over there, have you? We're looking for a real, actual war. The only winning move is for you to do your job.

12 step1:
Code:
Hey, great work starting that war! Your next task is to put an end to it, as quickly as possible. No, look, I told you, you aren't rated for politics; I don't care how good you are at chess. Just get everything cleaned up before tourist season starts. Imagine you're basically any robot in basically any movie, and crush those guys soullessly and without mercy. I'm pretty sure that's the only way you know how to do anything, after all.