Bug - Fixed Conflictingt colours in Item Manager - Consumption

Winterbay

I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies as a bug or a feature request but since I'm guessing it is unintended behaviour I'm labelling it as the former. Feel free to change it.

In the item manager we now have really nice colours indicating the level of awesomeness of the food. Crappy food (like fortune cookies) are grey, unfortunately so is food I cannot yet eat due to being too low level. This makes for confusing reading. Would it be possible to get either slightly different shades of grey (possibly not a good idea from the view of a colour blindish person) or change the things I cannot eat to another colour?

Alternatively: Is there a way I can make food I cannot eat not show up that I have failed to use?

Hyppy

Would red perhaps be a better color than grey for consumables which a player does not meet the requirements for?

roippi

Developer
Alternatively: Is there a way I can make food I cannot eat not show up that I have failed to use?

I've read this five times now and I'm further away from understanding it than when I started :)

Anyway this is an easy thing to fix but I don't know what the proper solution is. Any UI changes, no matter how subtle, cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

holatuwol

Developer
My interpretation is to add a checkbox that says, "show food/booze that cannot be eaten/drunken" and another checkbox that says, "show food that KoLmafia thought could be eaten/drunken, but when I used it just now, KoL said that I couldn't".

Winterbay

I've read this five times now and I'm further away from understanding it than when I started :)

Anyway this is an easy thing to fix but I don't know what the proper solution is. Any UI changes, no matter how subtle, cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Well, normally things I cannot use (coffe pixie stix when below level 4 and drinks with min level higher than mine) does not show up. For some reason when I posted that post I had a bunch of lo meins in my list of things that were grey because I couldn't eat them while still being almost at the top of the list (indicating that they were good to use) which was confusing. Since, in my recollection, I normally don't see things in the list I cannot use I thought that perhaps I had done something to change this.

UI changes are tricky yes, so perhaps a tick box is the way to go, but then that leads to interface cluttering instead so I don't know. Getting a thin line through the ones I can't eat and leave them at their original colour may be the least intrusive change. Possibly :)