Bug - Fixed Clickable familiar icon.

snooty

Didn't think this qualified as a bug since it might be a change for the new path, but I think maybe this was accidentally gutted in a recent build? I haven't ascended into the new path, so I have all my fams, but clicking on the fam icon does nothing now. I rather liked this feature and I'm really hoping this was just an error. Using r20722, had missed a previous update or two, so I don't know when this occurred.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It is clearly a bug. I downloaded the build that supports the new path and the compact sidepane is broken for my characters, none of which are in the new path.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Compact sidepane works in Actually Ed, but is broken in the my multi's casual run.

However if I click about halfway between the familiar image and the last stats block, it's there!

So, it looks like it's just in need of some tweaking...

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.55.18 AM.png

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Fixed in r20723! I also:
  • improved the new path code
  • changed the favourite familiars list to be tiling images instead of each getting their own row - if they're your favourites why do you need to be reminded of their names 😜
  • ...added tooltips for their names

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Familiar None.png
1: Familiar (None) has the last tooltip. No tooltip appears if you have no familiar ever, but if you change and then back, it's not right.

cascading list.png
2: Didn't this used to have icons? When did that change?

tooltip and menu.png
3: tooltip and menu can both show up at the same time, which is weird.

favorite.png
4: If you have 1 familiar and favorite it, it appears as shown when clicked. I think the name may be necessary, especially when the art is unclear or if multiple familiars use the same image.

gausie

Staff member
View attachment 10214
1: Familiar (None) has the last tooltip. No tooltip appears if you have no familiar ever, but if you change and then back, it's not right.
Fixed in the latest commit

View attachment 10215
2: Didn't this used to have icons? When did that change?
It didn't!
View attachment 10216
3: tooltip and menu can both show up at the same time, which is weird.
Eh, it'll go if you move your mouse. I think tooltips are important.
View attachment 10217
4: If you have 1 familiar and favorite it, it appears as shown when clicked. I think the name may be necessary, especially when the art is unclear or if multiple familiars use the same image.
Do multiple familiars use the same image? You can hover the image for the name of the familiar

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Fixed in the latest commit
#1 verified
It didn't!
#2 you're right!
Eh, it'll go if you move your mouse. I think tooltips are important.
Honestly, I'd rather see the type on the pane itsel, but you're right it's pretty low priority. I'd prefer the tooltip gave details about the familiar (e.g. "+10.53% item" instead of just the species.)

Do multiple familiars use the same image? You can hover the image for the name of the familiar
I thought they did, but the closest I can find in reassembled blackbird/reconstituted crow, which is a mirror image. But yeah, your solution works.

Last edited:

gausie

Staff member
I thought they did, but the closest I can find in reassembled blackbird/reconstituted crow, which is a mirror image. But yeah, your solution works.
My justification is: these are your favourite familiars - if you don't know what they are by image why are they marked as favourite!

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
My justification is: these are your favourite familiars - if you don't know what they are by image why are they marked as favourite!
I'm good. You considered my comment and had reasons. That's all I really want.

That said, I suspect you are assuming people are more logical and likely to remember stuff than they actually are.

I envy you your optimism about human nature! :)