cli tavern command

Jt

Running 6779 I get an error running the taven command. Just curious if anyone else is getting it too. If so I'll post a bug.

Also is there a way to turn off the hobo sewers "protection", I use it to level up at low levels and so am going in unprepared.

Thanks!
Jt

jasonharper

Developer
How do you expect anyone to know if they're "getting it too" when you don't mention what error you're getting? Details are important!

For example:
[quote author=Jt link=topic=2166.msg11182#msg11182 date=1232299463]
Also is there a way to turn off the hobo sewers "protection"[/quote]
Yes.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=Jt link=topic=2166.msg11182#msg11182 date=1232299463]
Also is there a way to turn off the hobo sewers "protection", I use it to level up at low levels and so am going in unprepared.
[/quote]

Yeah, I also find that annoying! Since I've got a full binder I basically ignore sewer items. I'm glad there's a way to turn it off.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Bale link=topic=2166.msg11184#msg11184 date=1232301075]
Yeah, I also find that annoying! Since I've got a full binder I basically ignore sewer items. I'm glad there's a way to turn it off.
[/quote]
You realize, I assume, that you'll spend fewer turns in the sewer, full binder or not, if you use items to pass tests?

No?

Well, suit yourself.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=Veracity link=topic=2166.msg11190#msg11190 date=1232305165]
You realize, I assume, that you'll spend fewer turns in the sewer, full binder or not, if you use items to pass tests?

No?

Well, suit yourself.
[/quote]
Unless it's a hamster run, those turns really don't matter much. How much meat is a turn worth? How many turns will it actually save you, especially if grates and valves are still being opened by you and others?

Bale

Minion
[quote author=Veracity link=topic=2166.msg11190#msg11190 date=1232305165]

No?
[/quote]

Actually, that is only likely to save me a single sewer test so I just don't consider it to be worth the expense of the consumables. I regularly get 13-20 turn sewers without using any items. A full binder is VERY powerful.

It's a worthwhile feature for those who have fewer glyphs or have more meat so I don't mind the feature. It just isn't worthwhile for me.

Jt

:) Sorry I just get a debug log and wasn't sure if I was supposed to post it here. Also wanted to get into my next run before I was totally sure. But just typing tavern in the cli caused the issue, I completed it by hand and the command works ok now. I guess I'm probably the only one seeing it, I'll post more if I get it next run.

Thanks!

Jt

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Are you the one who sent me the debug log? I see the following:

Code:
class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
 at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
 at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.locateTavernFaucet(KoLmafia.java:2201)

How odd. Pondering...

Edit: would you mind telling me what you get when you type the following in the CLI, please:

set tavernLayout

Thanks.

Jt

I didn't email it but that is what's in the error log.

Running the command I get:

However I did complete the tavern manually, so it's very possible I overwrote the issue.

I'll be able to test it out again tomorrow.

Thanks!

Jt

Rinn

Developer
I just tried to use the tavern command on 6797 and got a this error a bunch of times until the command failed:

Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      KoLmafia r6797, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_11
 Please note: do not post these logs in the KoLmafia thread. If 
 you would like us to look at the log, please instead email logs 
 to [email]veracity@hambo.com[/email] using the subject "KoLmafia Debug Log" 
 Timestamp: Tue Jan 20 10:14:17 PST 2009

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.AdventureRequest.getAdventuresUsed(AdventureRequest.java:860)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLAdventure.run(KoLAdventure.java:782)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:85)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.locateTavernFaucet(KoLmafia.java:2206)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.tavern(RuntimeLibrary.java:2830)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:119)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:157)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Scope.execute(Scope.java:397)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:88)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.If.execute(If.java:67)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:88)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.If.execute(If.java:67)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:125)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:157)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:125)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:240)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:185)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:178)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeScriptCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:4213)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.access$3(KoLmafiaCLI.java:138)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI$Call.run(KoLmafiaCLI.java:2084)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:549)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:443)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:317)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:298)

My tavernLayout var is "0000000000000000000000000"

Jt

Running the latest build I didn't get the error on the tavern anymore :)

Thanks All!

However I do have an odd one....

I have my css set to creepy grin on the boss bat, not the bodyguards but I get the following behavior.

[216] Boss Bat's Lair
Encounter: beefy bodyguard bat
Strategy: C:\kol\Run\ccs\default.ccs [boss]
Round 0: juntao wins initiative!
Round 1: juntao casts CREEPY GRIN!

Thanks again,
Jt

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm guessing it's listed under [Boss Bat], which matches the zone name and uses the skill on any monster in the Boss Bat's Lair.

jasonharper

Developer
Since "Boss Bat" is a substring of the area name, you can't have a CCS section that triggers exclusively for him. What you'd need to do is have a section called something like "beefy bodyguard" to exclude them from the zone (it could simply say "1: default"), leaving nothing to match "Boss Bat" except the actual boss.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=jasonharper link=topic=2166.msg11288#msg11288 date=1232687006]
Since "Boss Bat" is a substring of the area name, you can't have a CCS section that triggers exclusively for him. What you'd need to do is have a section called something like "beefy bodyguard" to exclude them from the zone (it could simply say "1: default"), leaving nothing to match "Boss Bat" except the actual boss.
[/quote]

OH! I never thought of that! Brilliant!