CLI login help

jw8191

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing weirdness, or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm using an ash script that I run from the true command line (not the gCLI) in windows xp using the .jar (not exe). It's a login->logout script so it includes the command "cli_execute("login jw8191");". This worked just fine in versions 10.9 and below. I upgraded to 11.0 today and it stopped.

Instead, the script began to run. Then, mafia halted and prompted the user "username: " as if it wanted to know which user to log in. I hit enter (leaving it blank). It then gave me "Invalid user name" but logged in jw8191 anyway. I'm a bit confused here. I'm sure the password is saved properly for jw8191. Am I calling the command wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

I skimmed the changelog, and there were some changes to the login system. However, it didn't look like any of them would (intentionally) do this to me.

http://www.idlehero.com/~jw8191/login.GIF

Thanks for any help.

Try using the following command to start kolmafia

Code:
java -jar KoLmafia110.jar --CLI < login.txt

where login.txt would contain:

Code:
Charname
call script.ash
logout

Charname: the name you want to login under
script.ash: the script you want to run (with the login part removed)

Kolmafia should respond to login.txt as if you had manually typed what is in the file into kolmafia. I'm sure Holatuwol will look into this and fix it soon.

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=903.msg4419#msg4419 date=1178097268]
Kolmafia should respond to login.txt as if you had manually typed what is in the file into kolmafia. I'm sure Holatuwol will look into this and fix it soon.
[/quote]

The "login" command doesn't work for anyone running in CLI mode. The temporary fix for this is to just omit the CLI parameter. Sure, KoLmafia will give you a graphical user interface, but it will run the provided script as you would expect it to.