Checking for Bartender/Cook

DeNarr

So I am loving this program, and I know that it has so much cool stuff that I haven't been able to figure out yet. So I noticed that when creating stuff there is a check-box to require in-a-boxes. Is there any setting where I can have the same requirement under the Usable > Food/Booze menu? I typically make and eat my food at the same time, but if my box blows up then I end up wasting adventures.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That checkbox applies everywhere, including the Food/Booze section. You have to check it in the Creatables section, though. Perhaps it should be in Preferences, instead; we've had plenty of complaints from people who can't find it because they never Create anything, apparently.

DeNarr

I just didn't realize they were connected, and the only thing I create are food and booze. Thank you.

acero

On a similar topic, is there any option to not have Mafia auto-create a Bartender/Chef if you have Inigo's running? I've accidentally used a chef at least once since I permed Inigo's last run, and have had several close calls where I managed to cancel it right before it finished making the in-a-box. At the moment, I do not have the "require in-a-boxes" checkbox checked, though I do have "repair on explosion" checked. I'll check tomorrow if unchecking the latter of those makes it stop auto-creating the in-a-box.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
With "repair on explosion", you are specifically telling KoLmafia to make a new in-a-box if you ask it to make something Fancy and don't already have one. If you do not have "require in-a-boxes" checked, it will not abort if it is unable to make one.

In other words, it is doing exactly what you told it to do. If you no longer like that behavior, change your settings.