As far as I can tell,
Code:
chat_private("Picklish", "test");
doesn't appear to send any message.

However,
Code:
visit_url("chat.php?graf=1&pwd&graffiti=/w Picklish test");
works just fine.

This is on r8923. I've never tried this function before.

Last edited by a moderator:

holatuwol

Developer
It was originally intended to only allow you to PM people who had sent you a PM (and only while in the middle of a chatbot script), or people in your clan. But I guess that restriction wasn't necessary since there was another chat URL that wasn't ever blocked. ^^;;

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
To clarify (since sending yourself a PM should work fine) -- who is it you are sending a PM to? Someone who messaged you, someone in your clan (or on its whitelist if you can see the whitelist) or someone not noticeably connected to you through these means?

Grotfang

Developer
Since we haven't had a response, I'm marking this as Not a Bug and hoping that hola's new unrestricted chat_private fixes the problem (which also assumes that at the time of reporting it was intended behaviour).

picklish

Ack. I thought I had subscribed to this thread.

I was trying to write a faxbot request script, because it didn't look like the new UI for faxing had been exposed to script yet. I was messaging myself as a test, because it was easier to tell if the message succeeded or not. The new chat_private function works perfectly. Thanks.