Character Info Toolbox

Pazleysox

I read the first page of the thread. The first post says that there is documentation for setting up the script, but I didn't see anything in the download... Did I miss something?? I think it looks really cool, but would like to know how to change things around.

-Paz

Bale

Minion
I read the first page of the thread. The first post says that there is documentation for setting up the script, but I didn't see anything in the download... Did I miss something?? I think it looks really cool, but would like to know how to change things around.

-Paz

Read the comments at the beginning of charpane.ash to find the documentation.

Though you are correct that it might be better for that to be a separate readme file. Especially since there are so many sentences involved that it gets a bit long to just be comments. That's how the original author set this up and I didn't bother to change that. Though things may well change now that you pointed out the easy misunderstanding. I'll copy/paste it here:

Code:
	CHIT allows you to customize the layout of your charpane (Let's call it your House).
	Your house consists of 4 separate areas:
		Roof:				Always anchored to the top of the screen
		Walls:				Scrollable area between the roof and the floor
		Floor:				Always anchored to the bottom of the screen, and always contains the Toolbar as the last item
		Toolbar:			Row of pretty icons that does various things

Inside each area you can place any of the following "bricks":
		character:			Basic character information (name, class, paths, level, meat, turns etc) (Not available in toolbar)
		stats:				A whole bunch of pretty progress bars. (stats/consumption/hp/mp etc) (Not available in toolbar)
		familiar:			Familiar information, with a built-in equipment changer thingy (Not available in toolbar)
		trail:				Recent adventures
		quests:				Quest nudges (when available)
		helpers:			Adventure helpers (described in more detail below)
		effects:			List of current effects (Not available in toolbar)
		organs:				similar to stats, but only shows spleen, stomach and liver (more useful when used in the toolbar)
		substats:			similar to stats, but only shows muscle,myst and moxie (more useful when used in the toolbar)
		modifiers:			Some useful modifiers (+meat, +items, +combat, ML, DA, DR etc)
		elements:			Shows the KoL elements chart from the wiki (also mostly for the toolbar)
		update:				Notifies you when new versions of CHIT are available

So how do you design and build your own house? Easy. Simply place your bricks in the area you want, in the order you want them.
	All of the preferences below can be found in /data/vars_yourname.txt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	chit.roof.layout:		Comma-separated list of bricks to place in your roof
							Default: character,stats,familiar,trail

chit.walls.layout:		Comma-separated list of bricks to place in your walls
							Default: helpers,effects

chit.floor.layout:		Comma-separated list of bricks to place in your floor
							Default: update

chit.toolbar.layout:	Comma-separated list of bricks to place in the toolbar
							Default: quests,modifiers
*************************************************************************************
	The following preferences further refine the content and appearance of individual bricks
*************************************************************************************
	chit.character.avatar:	Shows or hides your character image (true/false)
							Default: true

chit.character.title:	Shows your Custom Title if you have one, instead of your current class name. (true/false)
							It might be useful to disable this if you have a long title that causes ugly wrapping in the charpane.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	chit.stats.layout:		Your stats can be further customized with another comma-separated list
							Commas can be replaced by pipe characters (|) to add some visual seperation between different elements
								mainstat,moxie,myst,muscle - substat progress
								liver,stomach,spleen - color-coded progress bars for consumption
								hp,mp - progress bars are clickable to restore HP/MP (if enabled in mafia)
								axel - that creepy spooky little girl from the spaaaaace quest (only while doing the quest)
								mcd - the progress bar is clickable to let you set a new value
								trail - last adventure
							Default: muscle,myst,moxie|stomach,liver,spleen|hp,mp,axel|mcd
	chit.stats.showbars		Shows or hides progress bars
	chit.quests.hide:		Don't display Quest Nudges when you don't have any active quests (true/false)
							Default: false (standard KoL behaviour)				
	chit.familiar.hats:		Comma-separated list of hats to include with a Hatrack as your current familiar
							Default: spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau

chit.familiar.weapons:	Comma-separated list of weapons to include with a Disembodied Hand as your current familiar
							Default: time sword

chit.familiar.pants:	Comma-separated list of pants to include with a Fancypants Scarecrow as your current familiar

chit.familiar.protect:	Removes all familiar-switching links from the charpane when you're on a 100% run
							(You have to go to your campsite->terraium to change familiars, or use chat commands)
							Default: false
	HELPERS are displayed when certain counters reaches 0. 
	They will present you with a list of relevant adventure locations. 
	Helpers are there merely for convenience; they will NOT try to auto-adventure for you.

chit.helpers.wormwood:	Enables or disables the Wormwood helper (triggered when the Wormwood counter reaches 0)
							Comma-separated list of desired Wormwood goals.
							Valid values: moxie,myst,muscle,pipe,booze,food,mask,cancan,necklace
							A reasonable effort is made to figure out what you mean for other values (eg. "spleen" or "flask" will also work)
							Special values:
								none (or blank) - disables the helper
								mainstat - chooses stat adventures based on your current class
								stats - shorthand for all stats
								rewards - shorthand for all consumable/equipment rewards
							For stat rewards, you can also append a 1,5 or 9 to determine when the helper is triggered
							Examples:
								mainstat5 - shows locations for you mainstat reward with A-M at 5/1
								mainstat,stats1 - shows mainstat reward with A-M at 9/5/1, and all 3 stat rewards with A-M at 1
								moxie,booze - shows moxie and booze rewards
								stats,rewards - shows every achievable reward

chit.helpers.dancecard:	Enables or disables the Dance Card helper (triggered when the DC counter reaches 0)
								true - enabled (default)
								false - disabled

chit.helpers.semirare:	Enables or disables the Semi-Rare helper (triggered when the Fortune Cookie counter reaches 0)
								true - enabled (default)
								false - disabled
	chit.effects.classicons:Replaces effect icons with class-specific icons
							Comma-separated list of classes to replace
							Valid values: 
								none - does nothing (default)
								sc - replace SC buffs with a seal club
								tt - replace TT buff icons with a turtle
								pm - replace PM buff icons with a pasta spoon
								sa - replace SA buff icons with a saucepan
								db - replace DB buff icons with a disco ball
								at - replace AT buff icons with an accordion (useful in conjunction with chit_bumpsongs)
							Example: tt,at - replaces only TT and AT buffs

chit.effects.showicons:	Shows effect icons, or doesn't (compact-style)
								true - show them (default)
								false - don't show them
	chit.effects.layout:	Comma-separated list
								buffs - regular effects
								intrinsics - intrinsic effects
								songs - only if present, this will cause all active AT songs to be displayed separately
							Example: 
								intrinsics,songs,buffs - displays intrinsic effects first, then any AT songs, then all other effects/buffs
							Default: 
								buffs,intrinsics (standard behaviour)
	chit.effects.usermap	Allows you to use personalized versions of chit_effects.txt
								true:	uses chit_effects_<yourname>.txt
								false:	uses chit_effects.txt  (default)
	chit.toolbar.moods		Shows or hides the mafia links for saving/executing moods
	chit.kol.coolimages		Shows or hides KoL's images for Extreme Meter and Zombie Horde
	chit.checkversion		Automatically check for new versions once a day
							Must be enabled for the "update" brick to work

Last edited:
For some reason, when my wife uses CHIT, she doesn't see the EXTREME flashing stuff when doing that quest, but I see it just fine. We are both using macs with identical versions of CHIT.
Can you think of any reason why?

Thanks!

Winterbay

There is a CHIT setting that controls the visibilty of that image. Perhaps you haev different states on that setting?

Bale

Minion
For some reason, when my wife uses CHIT, she doesn't see the EXTREME flashing stuff when doing that quest, but I see it just fine. We are both using macs with identical versions of CHIT.
Can you think of any reason why?

zlib chit.kol.coolimages

Bale

Minion
Now you've got me stumped. Next time that she should have an extreme meter, have her disable the charpane relay and take a look at the unmodified charpane. Then copy the source for the charpane (Right-click -> Frame -> Source) and paste it into this thread so that I can see why it is different for her.

What browser is she using?

Now you've got me stumped. Next time that she should have an extreme meter, have her disable the charpane relay and take a look at the unmodified charpane. Then copy the source for the charpane (Right-click -> Frame -> Source) and paste it into this thread so that I can see why it is different for her.

What browser is she using?

Ok, will do.

She is using Firefox 3.6.28. Actually I am using 15.0.1, so there is a difference there.

Soluzar

I keep seeing "Reload After Cutscene" instead of my character pane with the current version of the script.

Why is this?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I keep seeing "Reload After Cutscene" instead of my character pane with the current version of the script.

Why is this?

You should see that when you start a zombie run, because the charpane is empty and there's nothing useful for CHIT to display. If you're seeing it at other times, then there's some other problem because it only shows up when the charpane is empty.

Soluzar

You should see that when you start a zombie run, because the charpane is empty and there's nothing useful for CHIT to display. If you're seeing it at other times, then there's some other problem because it only shows up when the charpane is empty.
Ohh, I see. I'm not on a Zombie run at all. For what it's worth, I'm actually doing BHY at the moment.

I'm definitely seeing it at other times.

Did it reload when the cutscene was over? Under what circumstances did you see that?
I was seeing it all the time yesterday, typically during fights. Ending the fight would make my normal chit display come back most of the time. There was one time nothing would make it come back short of killing Mafia though. It was a little surprising the first time it happened, since I don't tend to think of KoL as having anything I would call a cutscene. I guess lostcalpolydude explained what that means, though.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That should only happen if your charpane contains less than 6 characters. The only time that should happen is during the Zombiecore opening cutscene, so you have a problem that has nothing to do with ChIT. It might be interesting to see what your charpane displays if you remove charpane.ash

bleary

"character-pane-slimming toggles"

So the latest trivial change has silently broken my parsing, causing CHIT to display none of my buff. I think this is because now Intrinsics are up above normal buffs, I think. I had to do some re-ordering of the parsing code to get my buffs to reappear:

Code:
2897c2897,2898
<               endwith = "</center>";
---
>               endwith = "</font><br>";
>               #endwith = "</center>";
2904c2905
<                       source.delete(startat, endat + length(endwith));
---
>                       //source.delete(startat, endat + length(endwith));
2907a2909,2928
>       chitSource["effects"] = "";
> 
>       // Buffs
>       if ( index_of(source, "Effects:") > 0) {
>       startwith = '<center><p><b><font size=2>Effects:';
>       #startwith = '<center><table><tr><td>';
>       #startwith = '<table><tr><td>';
>       startat = index_of(source, startwith);
>       if (startat > -1) {
>               endwith = "</td></tr></table>";
>               endat = index_of(source, endwith, startat);
>               if (endat == -1) {
>                       return vprint("CHIT: Error parsing buffs", "red", -1);
>               }
>               //chitSource["effects"] = substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
>               chitSource["effects"] = chitSource["effects"] + substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
>               source.delete(startat, endat + length(endwith));
>       }
> }
> 
2921c2942,2943
<               chitSource["effects"] = substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
---
>               chitSource["effects"] = chitSource["effects"] + substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
>               //chitSource["effects"] = substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
2936,2949d2957
<       // Buffs
<       #startwith = '<center><table><tr><td>';
<       startwith = '<table><tr><td>';
<       startat = index_of(source, startwith);
<       if (startat > -1) {
<               endwith = "</td></tr></table>";
<               endat = index_of(source, endwith, startat);
<               if (endat == -1) {
<                       return vprint("CHIT: Error parsing buffs", "red", -1);
<               }
<               //chitSource["effects"] = substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
<               chitSource["effects"] = chitSource["effects"] + substring(source, startat, endat + length(endwith));
<               source.delete(startat, endat + length(endwith));
<       }

I'm not sure this is an optimal solution, but it's a kludge that's gotten me up and running again.

Aankhen

I managed to fix it by changing line 2897 to read: endwith = "</a>]</font><br>";

EDIT:
This is slightly off. It breaks when you have no effects. Fixed version follows.

Change line 2897 of charpane.ash to read: endwith = "</a>]</font>";

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Those attempts were a nice start, but will break if the user changes KoL's new character pane option for "Slim HP/MP/Meat/Adv Display." The following will work regardless of how he changes his options.

Updated to 0.7.3
  • Fix for KoL's September 26, 2012 update.
  • Move help text from comments into a new readme file
  • Add preference chit.disable to easily turn off ChIT.

Since version 0.7 only charpane.ash has been changed.
Download it here: View attachment 6912

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm not getting that error so you'll have to help me out. The best way to help me out would be to copy/paste the html source for your charpane here.

I'd also like to know what your current zodiac sign is.

AlbinoRhino

I'm not getting that error so you'll have to help me out. The best way to help me out would be to copy/paste the html source for your charpane here.

I'd also like to know what your current zodiac sign is.

Wallaby. I haven't enabled any of the new options.

Attachments

• charpane.php.htm.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 59