Character Info Toolbox

Erich

* I don't know what you mean by "Display Quest Tracker in the Character Pane" or "Display Quest Tracker in a scrollable sub-frame"
* Please copy/paste the output of zlib chit

Options -> Interface in vanilla KoL has those choices, you can see where they're checked off in my screenshots. Here's the output of zlib chit:

Code:
zlib chit.character.avatar = true
zlib chit.character.title = true
zlib chit.checkversion = false
zlib chit.disable = false
zlib chit.effects.classicons = none
zlib chit.effects.describe = false
zlib chit.effects.layout = buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.effects.modicons = true
zlib chit.effects.showicons = true
zlib chit.effects.usermap = false
zlib chit.familiar.anti-gollywog = false
zlib chit.familiar.hats = spangly sombrero,sugar chapeau,Chef's Hat,party hat
zlib chit.familiar.pants = spangly mariachi pants,double-ice britches,BRICKO pants,pin-stripe slacks,Studded leather boxer shorts,Monster pants,Sugar shorts
zlib chit.familiar.protect = false
zlib chit.familiar.showlock = false
zlib chit.familiar.weapons = time sword,batblade,Hodgman's whackin' stick,astral mace,Maxwell's Silver Hammer,goatskin umbrella,grassy cutlass,dreadful glove,Stick-Knife of Loathing,Work is a Four Letter Sword
zlib chit.floor.layout = update,vykea,thrall,familiar
zlib chit.gear.favorites = stinky cheese eye,hobo code binder,buddy bjorn,The Crown of Ed the Undying,crumpled felt fedora,Pantsgiving,Meat Tenderizer is Murder,Ouija Board Ouija Board,Hand that Rocks the Ladle,Saucepanic,Frankly Mr. Shank,Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion,Work is a Four Letter Sword,Staff of the Headmaster's Victuals,Sheila Take a Crossbow,A Light that Never Goes Out,Half a Purse,Hairpiece on Fire,Vicar's Tutu,Hand in Glove
zlib chit.gear.layout = default
zlib chit.gear.pull = favorites
zlib chit.gear.recommend = in-run
zlib chit.helpers.dancecard = true
zlib chit.helpers.semirare = true
zlib chit.helpers.spookyraven = true
zlib chit.helpers.wormwood = stats,spleen
zlib chit.helpers.xiblaxian = true
zlib chit.kol.coolimages = true
zlib chit.quests.hide = false
zlib chit.roof.layout = character,stats,organs
zlib chit.stats.layout = muscle,myst,moxie|hp,mp,axel|mcd|trail,florist
zlib chit.stats.showbars = true
zlib chit.toolbar.layout = trail,quests,modifiers
zlib chit.toolbar.moods = false
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,effects

Bale

Minion
Those are KoL Interface options.

Thank you! I should have figured that out from his post. I just didn't understand that "vanilla" meant "KoL." This explains those screenshots.

My initial attempts to replicate this bug have failed. I'll give it some more work. Perhaps if we understand the difference between the two characters we'll have the answer.

The odd thing is that it only happens on my main. The only difference between chars is that my main has the Friars, and that display also borks.

What the heck does that even mean? How does your main have the Friars as opposed to the other character. And what display borks? And what does "bork" mean?

Erich

What the heck does that even mean? How does your main have the Friars as opposed to the other character. And what display borks? And what does "bork" mean?

Sorry, it's been hard for me to brain lately. What I meant by Friar was Florist Friar, but I should have been more clear on that, my mistake. The Florist, last visited, and effects part of the charpane are what end up getting weird. I tried it out on 2 chars that don't have the Florist, and nothing happens at all.

As for bork, it's just another word for break: "grandma's pace maker got borked after she stood too close to the microwave".

Bale

Minion
Thanks for clarifying Friar. I think of the Florist Friars as the Florist. I thought you were talking about the Deep Fat Friars which made much less sense.

Hellno

Bale said:
I use Opera Browser which is basically a skinned Chrome with a few additional features and I never see the issue.

Also, I'd like to know your OS and java version since that could be relevant.

So for some random reason this issue stopped happening after I posted, but now it finally happened again (on a different/stationary computer).

Browser: Chrome (but same result when I try with IE)
Java version: version 8 update 40

When that happens, you could try completely disabling ChIT (by renaming charpane.ash in the relay folder) to see if the charpane loads.

Doing this, the non-chit charpane appeared again. After renaming it correctly again the problem is still there.

Simple screenshot of what it looks like:
chitbug.png

Bale

Minion
Just a completely white charpane... I see. I don't think that is a flaw with the script which I can try to fix. That seems more like an issue with your connection, or browser, or KoLmafia. I'd bet on a connection issue, but I really cannot tell.

Theraze

Could also be an issue with Ad Block Plus or another extension you have running, blocking CHIT from doings its magical work...

Lxndr

as an Avatar of Jarlsberg, Chit tells me "click here to summon a companion!" but when I click there.. no dialogue happens, nor does another window open. No big, at least it reminds me to summon one up.

Getch

FWIW, ChIT stopped working for me this morning. Looking at the graphical CLI tab in mafia showed where the error was in charpane.ash. The new Crimbo offhands were not in my inventory. Commenting out that line restored functionality.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
What line did you comment out and what was the error? I have no such problem, so I'd really like to know.

Edit: Wait, if you're talking about the Crimbo quest off-hands, then your problem is that you need to update KoLmafia.

So, since using the crimbo face paints, ChIT has not rendered anything where my avatar used to be. I've updated to the most recent .exe build, but not any of the daily builds. Is this something that has been silently fixed, or has nobody mentioned it to you at all? When I noted it in chat it seemed like it was a known bug, but I don't see anything here.

Erich

So, since using the crimbo face paints, ChIT has not rendered anything where my avatar used to be. I've updated to the most recent .exe build, but not any of the daily builds. Is this something that has been silently fixed, or has nobody mentioned it to you at all? When I noted it in chat it seemed like it was a known bug, but I don't see anything here.

what version of chit are you using? with r319 the avatars are working fine for me. I don't use the .exes though, so I cant speak for that.

Bale

Minion

You are using an outdated ChIT. Unless you've got some sort of weird charpane that is different from any of my characters.

Bale

Minion
While I'm unhappy that happened to you, I am overjoyed to learn that I do not have a bug with the script which I cannot replicate on my own character.

Congratulations for the discovery.

ereinion

Summoning companions as jarlsberg doesn't seem to work, currently. At any rate nothing happens when I click on the "summon companion text" in chit.

ereinion

Yeah, and mp. Nothing even show up when I click on "Click to Summon Companion" (the link it point to when I hover over it is charpane.php#, dunno if that is as it should be?) There also seems to be some small issues with the sizing and positioning of text in the blocks for the companion and friars, not really an issue, but could it be connected? http://i.imgur.com/mvEF87x.png?1