Character Info Toolbox

soolar

Hmm, normally the picker doesn't cover the great icon (at least for me).

And yeah I will add an option to disable suggesting pulls some time today.

As for the readme, you're super right! That occurred to me once but then I forgot before I actually got around to it. Will do that today too.

EDIT: Aaaaaah, I see, creatable items were still showing for me because I allow mafia to auto-create stuff. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

EDIT 2: There, effectively reverted the experimental changes, by adding a configuration option that defaults to the old layout. Also made the experimental layout less janky.

EDIT 3: Documentation provided!

Last edited:
I like that the new familiar picker shows all of my favorited familiars, kol's internal limit has been bugging me for a while now.

I don't like the vertical arrangement of the picker, kol's grid layout was a lot nicer imo.

EDIT - whoops ok scratch that criticism, I should probably have checked it wasn't my custom css causing the problem.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would like some value of chit.gear.recommend where it doesn't bother to suggest pirate fledges and a ring of detect boring doors in aftercore. I don't actually understand why "never" doesn't do that already.

Hmm, normally the picker doesn't cover the great icon (at least for me).
I have it as part of chit.floor.layout, so clicking the hat icon (for example) covers all of the icons.

Last edited:

soolar

Ah I see, well that's a little trickier to fix because of how pickers as a whole are coded. I will look in to a potential fix, but no promises.

As for recommending pirate fledges and boring doors in aftercore... It really shouldn't do that regardless, now that you mention it. I'll fix that shortly.

EDIT: Fledges and boring doors should no longer be recommended when not needed.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
soolar, Thanks for adding the gear picker as a toolbar option. I was consider that myself. I'd also like it to work as a stats brick option. Should I attend to that or are you going to do it yourself?

Now onto something that bothers me...

Added HEAVILY WIP recipes brick. Intended for toolbar use. Be warned that as of now, there isn't any protection from accidentally multi-crafting an item, and it only has a small selection of smithsness items to choose from. It will eventually be a customizable list similar to the gear picker.

Sorry, but WTF? This is huge feature creep. Unless you've got a reason why this is thematically appropriate I would not like this to be added to ChIT. Please explain.

ereinion

I just noticed that the new familiar-picker uses KoLs native image of the Golden Monkey, instead of the much more charming image of a wanking monkey ChIT used to display. Any chance that you could reintroduce it? I see there still is the setting and alternate image for the shrub...

Bale

Minion
That is a KoLmafia feature, actually! (It was a ChIT feature, then it got adapted into KoLmafia, then recently ChIT stopped doing it since that was redundant.)

Preferences -> Relay Browser -> Override certain KoL images

That preferences improves a total of two images. The Hellion and the Golden Monkey. It was only one image until the Golden Monkey was added.

Sines

A week or so ago, CHIT seemed busted, so I deleted the files to play with the normal window for a while. When I was eventually able to get it to update properly again, I still had some issues. After multiple attempts at deleting and re-installing, I've just had blank images instead of the CHIT pictures. Just the stuff unique to CHIT, for example, the little martini glass that I can click on for fullness. I can still click on the blank square where it would be to get the info, but it still hasn't come back in spite of updates.

Bale

Minion
I'd recommend the brute force approach to troubleshooting.

1. Delete the ChIT SVN installation.
    Go to the Script Manager -> Manage -> Right-click on ChIT -> Delete Script

2. Ensure the ChIT images are gone.
    Go to your /kolmafia directory: Instructions for finding your KoLmafia directory.
    Delete /KoLmafia/images/relayimages/chit

3. Reinstall ChIT from the Script Manager.
    Go to the Script Manager -> Install -> Right-click on ChIT -> Install Script

Sines

Finally got around to trying that solution. Alas, it didn't work.

Tried deleting the CHIT installation, then updating to the newest build of mafia, then re-installing the installation. Still no luck.

I'm guessing my best bet is to just reinstall mafia entirely, but I'm wondering what settings I've had up for years that aren't part of the base package that I'll miss.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
CHIT seems to use strings to uniquely identify effects, as opposed to the descid. This leads to issues when effects with nonunique names are active.

Would an ASH function for descid -> effect be useful in this context? Or would it make sense to just use my_effects() and skip parsing of that part of the charpane?

Bale

Minion
It's a good point. It would be tricky to disambiguate the effects based on strings. To get the effec from my_effects() instead of the charpane would require completely rewriting the relevant part of the program. It would be a lot easier if I could parse out descid and convert it to an effect directly.

I'm not entirely sure which method would be better, but it would definitely require much less work to use descid if you made that function for me.

Have you found any issues from this other than mistaken effect descriptions?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Well, there were a slew of related issues that I fixed last night and this morning, but those should be fixed. I can't think of any other CHIT issues I've been experiencing as of late.

Bale

Minion
I've written a fix using your new function. Now I'm just waiting for r16242 to appear on the hourly build page so I can test it.

Surely the hourly builds couldn't have broken between r16241 and r16242, right?