Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
You should get cracking and use the ASH support for Ed servants I added in revision 15441. :)

Yayayyy! :D

UH-OH!
Invalid type name '"' (charpane.ash, line 2114)
The script doesn't work right now D:

LoL! (Actually, really, laughing out loud!) Veracity's support for servants broke my script! :eek:

Either downgrade to en earlier version of mafia or wait for the next version of ChIT.

Bale

Minion
I put out an emergency release to make ChIT compatible with the latest version of KoLmafia r15441.

Now I'll start work on properly handling servants using Veracity's newly added support. That will probably be out before rollover.

Bale

Minion
I'm pretty darn happy with the way that servants are now supported. Of course they haven't had a lot of testing yet so problems might appear, but it looks pretty darn sweet to me so far.

Thanks, Veracity!

Ethelred

Not sure if this is a CHIT issue as such, but I'll post here since it did seem to affect CHIT. I recently installed CHIT and have been using it for a couple of days with several different multis. Everything seemed to work as expected. Today it worked ok for all the chars except the last one to run. I got a blank char pane. I closed the browser page and created a new one. Char pane was still blank with the message about transferring data from 127.0.0.1 (didn't copy the exact msg.). Several more tries produce the same result. Several minutes later, while looking for reports of similar behaviour, I got the following in the gCLI window:
Code:
svn: E175002: Connection reset
svn: E204900: Could not open the      requested SVN filesystem
svn: E204900: Could not open the requested SVN      filesystem
svn: E204900: Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
svn:      E170001: PROPFIND of '/p/mafiachit/code': 403 Forbidden      (https://svn.code.sf.net)
svn: E170001: PROPFIND of      '/p/mafiachit/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
svn:      E204900: Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
svn: E170001:      PROPFIND of '/p/mafiachit/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
svn:      E170001: PROPFIND of '/p/mafiachit/code': 403 Forbidden      (https://svn.code.sf.net)

I'm assuming this reflects some kind of tempory glitch with a sorceforge connection. Only thing is, I wasn't trying to do anything with sorceforge at the time. Could this be a result of some kind of version checking CHIT undertook on its own? If not, what might have caused it? If so, is there some way I can disable that sort of thing. I prefer to do my software updates when and if I choose, not as a result of some automagic checks.

BTW, CHIT seems to be a very impressive script and my thanks to all who have contributed to its creation. Still trying to figure out all the customization possiblities and would be grateful for any additional info in that area. I've only managed to get through the first 100 or so posts in this thread, so far. I was suprised and disappointed not to find anything about CHIT on the kolmafia.us wiki, but perhaps that's just my poor wiki fu.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not sure if this is a CHIT issue as such
It isn't, it's a sourceforge issue as you suspected.
Could this be a result of some kind of version checking CHIT undertook on its own? ... If so, is there some way I can disable that sort of thing. I prefer to do my software updates when and if I choose, not as a result of some automagic checks.
CHIT checks to see if there is an update, but leaves you to manually perform the update. However, doing "zlib chit" in the CLI will show all of the settings, including chit.checkversion.

Ethelred

It isn't, it's a sourceforge issue as you suspected.

CHIT checks to see if there is an update, but leaves you to manually perform the update. However, doing "zlib chit" in the CLI will show all of the settings, including chit.checkversion.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll look at checkversion.

Bale

Minion
Still trying to figure out all the customization possiblities and would be grateful for any additional info in that area. I've only managed to get through the first 100 or so posts in this thread, so far. I was suprised and disappointed not to find anything about CHIT on the kolmafia.us wiki, but perhaps that's just my poor wiki fu.

There is a readme file in your /data directory with most of the customization instructions called chit_ReadMe. There might be something missing there, but I'm pretty sure that has most of it.

Ethelred

There is a readme file in your /data directory with most of the customization instructions called chit_ReadMe. There might be something missing there, but I'm pretty sure that has most of it.

Thanks Bale, that was exactly what I needed. Sorry I missed it somehow. I've used CHIT for a couple of days now and like it a lot. I decided to install it on my portable for those times when I play away from home. I ran a couple of chars on the portable to make sure everything was working and ran into a difference I can't figure out. Chars running on the portable get an empty toolbar at the bottom. As near as I can tell, all the zlib chit settings are the same between the portable and the desktop machine. The 2 computers do use different versions of Mac OS X, 10.6.8 on the portable and 10.9.5 on the desktop and Firefox, 17.0.1 on the portable and 26.0 on the desktop. The portable uses java version "1.6.0_36" while the desktop runs java version "1.7.0_55", but I compile the .jar files on the desktop and copy them to the portable via Dropbox. Any thoughts on why my toobar is blanked out on the portable? I don't think it's a sceen space issue as the little boxes for the toolbar icons show up, they're just blank. Also, there is some empty space in the "walls" section and thus no scrollbar. Thanks for any hints you can come up with for things to look at. Also, sorry to be such a nuisance.

Bale

Minion
I have few ideas why your portable would look different. The only thing I can think of is that that different web-browsers render the css differently. Perhaps Firefox 17 works less well than Firefox 26. Could you try updating your web browser on the portable or is that impossible?

Ethelred

I have few ideas why your portable would look different. The only thing I can think of is that that different web-browsers render the css differently. Perhaps Firefox 17 works less well than Firefox 26. Could you try updating your web browser on the portable or is that impossible?

I installed Firefox 26 on the portable and that didn't change the toolbar display. I also verified that the images -> relayimages -> chit folder was present and contained the proper files. Next, I'll see if java version "1.7.0_55" is available for that Mac OS X version and try to track it down and install it, if so. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you come up with any other ideas.

Edit: I can't seem to find any way to run java 7 (java version "1.7.0_XX") under Mac OS X 10.6.8. It seems likely that that was why I switched to the other computer for my java development system, now that I think about it. I'll see how much of my other software it would break to upgrade to a later version of Mac OS X, but I'm not hopeful. Meanwhile, I'll explore other attempts to ferret out and squash the problem.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I'll have to look into adding a Xiblaxian brick if chit.helpers.xiblaxian is true and the user has a helper brick. Sorry, ckb. I hadn't even noticed you'd added something similar because I keep the tracker disabled ever since Ezandora released Guide.

Anyway, ckb, once I make Xiblaxian info part of default ChIT, do you want me to delete that from the tracker brick, leave it, or other?

I guess it depends on how it is implemented as to whether it stays as part of the tracker or not. I tried to keep mine small and unobtrusive, but very obvious and helpful when the counter hits zero. Maybe best to leave it in for now, and I may take it out later it your helper brick obsoletes it.

In fact, maybe we should make a counters brick, to track all manners of things that might have count-down timers: Xiblaxian, Pantsgiving, stinky cheese, (other stuff I can't think of).

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I've commited my first draft of the Xiblaxian helper. Hopefully it will be liked. I used a decent bit of the code from the thread on the AFH forum which is only fair since a good bit of that code was cribbed from the semi-rare helper. Hopefully the players responsible for that will like my version. Because registration on that forum is currently impossible I can't respond there.