Character Info Toolbox

roippi

Developer
Looks like the firewall. Not much we can do about that.

You could try the svn:// repository instead of the https:// one, see if the firewall lets it through. (kinda doubt it)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Issue with the tracker brick for Fcle items. Line 3190 is
PHP:
if(item_amount($item[The Big Book of Pirate Insults]) > 0 && !($strings[step5, finished] contains get_property("questM12Pirate"))) {

But should be
PHP:
if(item_amount($item[Pirate Fledges])==0 && !($strings[finished] contains get_property("questM12Pirate"))) {

(Need to include "step5", and it is possible to sell the Book of Pirate Insults after you get the insults but before the fcle )

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Thank you: svn update

After thinking this over, I am pretty sure what I posted is a hack, and should not be used. This will put the pirate insults info into the tracker anytime you have not finished the quest. I am not sure what triggers questM12Pirate to go from unstarted to started ( think it is finding Capts map)... but we should probably use a check for the island availablity and the pirate outfit, or use (at least):

PHP:
if(item_amount($item[Pirate Fledges])==0 && !($strings[unstarted, finished] contains get_property("questM12Pirate"))) {

Bale

Minion
I threw that away and did it correctly.

This is the correct time to track pirate insults: svn update

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I threw that away and did it correctly.

Nice. Thanks Bale. I was getting around to it... I really was. Sometime... maybe... eventually.

Though I think we all come out ahead, because your correctly > my correctly.

Bale

Minion
Eh. You'd have gotten there eventually. You were the one who actually suggested checking for the pirate outfit. I merely decided to break the paradigm of thinking that quest tracking was actually relevant.

Bale

Minion
Small announcement that is mostly just important to two people. Since ckb and AlbinoRhino have both made extensive contributions to this script I have given them commit access to the sourceforge repository.
  • ckb created the tracker brick. I have merely refined his efforts on that feature.
  • AlbinoRhino has fixed ChIT's css and javascript where their complexity exceeds my ability.

They might (or might not) decide to make contributions to ChIT on their own, without seeking my approval first.

Hey Bale! Hey hey Bale! I made something cool!

Totally open to ideas, but as is I think it's pretty great (needs a few things, but I wasn't sure which direction to go, so now I'm here)
This adds Florist info to the trail (if chit.trail.florist is set to true) along with a nifty picker.
I tried to make a patch but apparently there's a tortoise bug that is fixed like 25 revisions later than my copy. So here's the file in whole (made fresh from your copy as of Jul 03 2013 6PM PDT)

Things I needed help with:
How best to determine the terrain type if nothing is planted yet.
How best to handle planting a territorial plant when one is already planted.

Should it go somewhere else? Maybe. Should some colors be different? Sure, why not.
Input appreciated, hopefully you like it.

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    158.9 KB · Views: 36

Bale

Minion
It's kinda interesting, but I have two problems with it... First of all, UI isn't very nice. One thing I like about ChIT is the aesthetically pleasing and intuitively functional user interface. I'm not willing to sacrifice those aspects so you or someone else will have to find a way to make it better. The other problem is that it doesn't actually add much functionality other than a reminder to plant stuff and it doesn't remind you unless you have the entire trail displayed which is a bit of overkill. Which basically means more UI problems to solve.

Putting that aside, I agree it is cool. Quite cool. Please find a way to make it useful and appropriate.

Make a feature request for mafia to add that information as a proxy field to locations. Unfortunately mafia does not possess that information yet so it would be a bit of work to add it. Though not as much trouble as the recent mass addition of monster images so that they can be accessed.

Bale

Minion
Thinking some more. Here are some ideas...

This would probably work better as a brick, completely outside of the trail brick. That way it could be seen, easily displaying the current Florist status for the location. That would be helpful because it would inform the player that he currently is without florist plants at his current location. It would help a lot to get that information into plain sight.

As for digging up plants: Add a separate section at the bottom (look at pickOutfit() and pickMood() for an idea on how to do this) which has the current plants to dig up.

Mark territorial plants in a more inviting color, like green, if you don't have one. Since they are the best plants. But shade them yellow if there is already a territorial in that zone. The current color is kinda ugly. Give territorials their own section at the top.

Make a feature request for mafia to add that information as a proxy field to locations. Unfortunately mafia does not possess that information yet so it would be a bit of work to add it. Though not as much trouble as the recent mass addition of monster images so that they can be accessed.

I'm going to make that feature request myself. :D

Found a bug: You need to have at least TWO plants before the picker will pop up. Or else it is the fault of the Red Fern.

Last edited:
As for digging up plants: Add a separate section at the bottom (look at pickerd pickMood() for an idea on how to do this) which has the current plants to dig up.

Mark territorial plants in a more inviting color, like green, if you don't have one. Since they are the best plants. But shade them yellow if there is already a territorial in that zone. The current color is kinda ugly. Give territorials their own section at the top.
Found a bug: You need to have at least TWO plants before the picker will pop up. Or else it is the fault of the Red Fern.

As for the comments on UI I'm not sure what about it you don't like. I agree that the color is pretty bad, I only added that at the very end to mark territorial plants, and was too tired and lazy to find a better color. So yeah, I'm definitely willing to change that. Making it its own brick would be no problem, I just always have my trail showing so that was the most appropriate for me ;)

I'm not sure what you mean about digging... you can only dig when the garden is full, so I'm not sure what exactly you would want to put that below.

I didn't notice that bug but I also didn't do a whole bunch of testing (limited time and resources) so I'll take a look at that when I get a chance.

Bale

Minion
How about a picker with all options present to make it clear which are territorials (the first three), the chosen plants in a faint green and the unchoosable options greyed out. And a little shovel to the right. How does that sound?

Now in r12275 you can get that information from $location[].proxy 'cause lost gets it done.

Soluzar

I quite like the new Trackers brick. In fact, I had a vague attempt at creating something similar, myself... before CKB stepped in and made a much better one. However, what I would really like is for it to be amalgamated with the existing KoL Quest Tracker brick, so that we only have one brick for quests and the tracking thereof. Is there perhaps any mileage in this idea?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I quite like the new Trackers brick. In fact, I had a vague attempt at creating something similar, myself... before CKB stepped in and made a much better one. However, what I would really like is for it to be amalgamated with the existing KoL Quest Tracker brick, so that we only have one brick for quests and the tracking thereof. Is there perhaps any mileage in this idea?

What does the KoL Quest brick do that the Tracker does not do?
I have a short list, but I am always looking to add to it.

My list of things that are incomplete:
  • Nudge for guild unlock

(that's about it)

Winterbay

I'd get back to you on that if someone can tell me how to activate the tracker-brick. The myriad of settings that Chit supports makes any change to my setup rather daunting...

Bale

Minion
I'd get back to you on that if someone can tell me how to activate the tracker-brick. The myriad of settings that Chit supports makes any change to my setup rather daunting...

Just add it to the layout of the section that you want it in. For instance:

zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,effects,tracker

If you'd rather put it in the layout of the toolbar, floor or roof, then add tracker to chit.toolbar.layout or chit.floor.layout or chit.roof.layout

Winterbay

Ok, found one directly. The quest-block just nugged me to go return the untinkerers screwdriver which the tracker-block didn't mention at all.

Okay. So... it's now in its own brick.
Breakdown for colors are as follows.
Planting Section:
Territorial are green, or yellow if one already exists.
Non-territorial is blue, or gray if one already exists.
Out of stock plants simply do not appear (waste of space).

Digging Section:
Territorial plants are green, or yellow if no more are in stock.
Non-territorial is blue, or gray if no more are in stock.

Totally open to changing some of these if the overlap is confusing or non-intuitive. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with this.

EDIT: actually, there is one more thing I plan on changing: not sending the page load to the mainpane. Ideally the charpane would refresh showing the change, but the mainpane would remain as is. (And, if you wanted to do the same for MCD-level changes, I would very much like that, but I have no idea if that's what people want)

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    160.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ok, found one directly. The quest-block just nugged me to go return the untinkerers screwdriver which the tracker-block didn't mention at all.

I'll put that on the list. And the full nemesis quest. And well, I guess there are a lot of the misc quests that show up on the KoL Quest list that are not in the tracker.
Perhaps most of those can go into an aftercore section to avoid clutter.
The original concept behind the tracker was to notify you of only those things necessary for completing a run, and to keep clutter to a mimimum. Generally, if it is not required, it is not listed. But for completeness, it might be nice to add the rest of the KoL items into the tracker.