Castle farming script

Winterbay

I think, at least in the case of dj_d's farming script that chooses from all available locations, that it might be due to the fact that you can end up getting drunker while you adventure and thus it is better to leave drinking until after the adventuring. That's the only reason I can come up with :)

slyz

Developer
I think it's simply to give you some flexibility. If you ever decide you want to do something other than farming on the next day, at least you'll have adventures banked.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Two reason to drink at the end of the day. First, you don't get hosed if you encounter an adventure that increases drunkenness (as was pointed out elsewhere). Second, it makes it easier to manage Ode To Booze efficiently. A good script casts Ode and drinks. A better one creates the drinks, because that could consume adventures, casts Ode and drinks. Either way, the script only has to worry about Ode once.

icon315

Yeah i guess, but i when i farm i usually only do it in the castle, or he oasis, and there is no possible way to get more drunk there. also i'm not a fan of wasting time to get ode to booze.

dinin991

I can't seem to get eatdrink to NOT run in simulation mode via the script. I can run it in the CLI just fine but soon as it gets to:

PHP:
eatdrink(fullness_limit(), 0, spleen_limit(), false);

or

eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), true);

It seems to only run in simulation mode both times.

Another question, how can I add to the script to use kolmafia's built in breakfast feature?

icon315

Another question, how can I add to the script to use kolmafia's built in breakfast feature?
cli_execute("breakfast")
should work

Here is a farming script i made for a friend.....for example purposes

Attachments

• ArtemisFarming.ash
    10.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Theraze

Was looking through the farming script you (icon) made... one note, near the end, you check if smasbot is online, then send items to smashbot. :)

Camber

Was looking through the farming script you (icon) made... one note, near the end, you check if smasbot is online, then send items to smashbot. :)

And, one other minor (somewhat humorous) thing with the smash_today() function, you check if wadbot is online, and then send to smashbot anyway :) We've all made the same copying errors; i know i have!

Bubba

er i tried running the script but... it made sum random countdown thing that took like 5 whole minutes before i gave up

Theraze

Most likely you're referring to the fact that it calls eatdrink twice (initially above, overdrink below) and eatdrink delays on a 3 second between steps, normally... That means that it can take several minutes to run properly, especially if you have a lot of items. Also, it overdrinks at the end... I've commented out both steps. Here's the version of castle_farming.ash I'm using now. It's based on Xenthes' original script, but with a few tweaks... mainly, it skips EatDrink (though it's still imported, if you choose to just remove the // commenting it out), doesn't sell any thin black candles (because they're fun for demon summoning), and keeps one of each of the sold items in inventory, so if you actually want to use a rave whistle as a moxie plinker, you won't find it suddenly disappearing on you.

You can see if this works for you... your problem bits (the EatDrink) shouldn't affect you with this copy. Or just comment out EatDrink, top and bottom...

Attachments

• castle_farming.ash
    2 KB · Views: 98

m00g

Hi Xenthes,
Thanks for updating the script.

I get an error with DoBHH.ash (missing return value, line 71) and I cannot seem to correct this. I was going to post in the DoBHH thread, but this one's seen more recent activity (ie you!).

Cheers,
m00gam00g

Xenthes

Your most welcome. I use it quite often so I updated for myself just as much as the community.

There is an update for the DoBHH.ash. I know it works for me, but really you are better posting in that thread since I didn't write that script.