Bug - Fixed Casting Army of Toddlers issue in basement

adwriter

When I cast army of toddlers in Fernswarthy's Basement, the resulting (large amount) of substats and fullstats don't show up in Session Results. If the monster causes a miss (whether frozen, phase shifting, etc..) or there isn't a first round kill, the stats do show up after the second (or third) round kill. I have multiple monster modifiers going (curse of randomness, insani tea) and am using v20.3 r19973

I've tried it in other zones and it does show up. I haven't seen a debug log on this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There should be no difference in a fight in the basement and a fight anywhere else.
Could you get a DEBUG log, please?

When you are about to go in to fight a monster,
in the gCLI, "debug on"
do the fight
in the gCLI, "debug off"

If the substats and fullstats are not listed, post the DEBUG log here.
Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For whatever reason, KoL did not include the monster image/data on the fight page. We don't know how to parse the fight page without that as an anchor.

Revision 19982 tries to find the top of the fight a different way, if there is no monster image. It works for your fight result.

I also changed the flow of fight processing: when tables contain other tables, we no longer strip out the subtables and process them after the non-tables. The previous way resulted in your fight processing the "You win" message and then processing all the actual battle actions as if they were After Battle. With this change, everything is processed in order. We supposedly did it the other way "to improve logging", but I saw no change by removing that.

I'll keep my eyes on logging to see if it is still as it should be.

Your battle had so many fancy things going on, many of which didn't get logged, that I'll be working more with that fight HTML to see what else can be logged.