Bug - Fixed Can't log in?

Object X

Sorry if this is the wrong area, but if so, please tell me where I should be posting this.

I tried autologging in and retyping my username and password, but neither works, but my user and pass work fine on the actual site. It says I am logging in through the same server I always do, so no change there either :(

Here is my error report:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v15.0 r10270, Windows Vista, Java 1.6.0_29
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Wed Feb 22 00:34:21 GMT 2012

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:415)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1604)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1535)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1262)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1170)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.detectChallenge(LoginRequest.java:144)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:266)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:90)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.doLogin(LoginFrame.java:339)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.actionConfirmed(LoginFrame.java:286)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.GenericPanel$ConfirmedListener.execute(GenericPanel.java:589)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:214)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:263)

Theraze

First step I'd suggest is getting the latest Daily Build from the top of the forum screen... you're about 300 revisions behind. :)

Object X

I didn't know what the daily build thing was about until now, thanks because that seems to have sorted it :)

One thing I did notice, the box for clicking in, for transcendent olfaction isn't there anymore, did it move or can I get it back?

Theraze

In preferences? They're currently refactoring the way it works... not sure where it's moved to currently. Hola?

Theraze

Oh wait... I bet you're talking about the Custom Combat box, which used to be on the main Adventure screen all the time and got moved... check below, there's a new tab called Custom Combat. Your TO should be in there.

Object X

I have no idea what option I am looking for, to be able to get it back, I looked in preferences though, do you know more specifically what I should be looking for?

Oh I see your other post now, yeah there it is, thanks.
Kind of annoying that it got moved though, I preferred it on the front page.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Apparently mafia isn't finding the challenge on the login page any more. I changed LoginManager to have
Code:
		if ( this.detectChallenge() )
		{
			this.addFormField( "loginname", loginName );
		}
		/*else
		{
			this.clearDataFields();
			this.addFormField( "loginname", loginName );
			this.addFormField( "password", this.password );
		}*/
		else
		{
			KoLmafia.updateDisplay( KoLConstants.ABORT_STATE, "No challenge found!" );
			return;
		}
And it's aborting with that message.

I changed the block that checks for CHALLENGE_PATTERN to
Code:
		Matcher challengeMatcher = LoginRequest.CHALLENGE_PATTERN.matcher( this.responseText );
		if ( !challengeMatcher.find() )
		{
			KoLmafia.updateDisplay("Failed to find challenge");
			return false;
		}
And I get that error message.

I can't tell why it's failing to find the challenge, since even a debug log has CHALLENGE_PATTERN in it. I made a fresh repository with just that last change to make sure that it wasn't something else I had done. So it seems mafia is using the old insecure login.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting.

We submit: login.php
KoL gives us a redirect to: /login.php?loginid=4c2ae64107114e03a2c3548defa5ed08

Notice the slash at the front of the path. That is a server-side change.

We look for: this.redirectLocation.startsWith( "login.php" )
...which doesn't match, of course, and we do not follow the redirect.

We then look for the pattern "([^\\/]+)\\/(login\\.php.*) - which is to say, at least one character in front of a slash, followed by login.php. That was the old way of changing login servers. KoL doesn't do that any more. That does not match, either, so we don't change server and try again.

We then conclude this is a good login and try to process it. - Which is bogus. And the empty response text (since we didn't follow the redirect) doesn't have a challenge on it.

Working on solutions...

Fe1nt

Kol Mafia giving an error when logging in

Mafia won't let me log in anymore, constantly giving me an error message and printing a debug report. Any info would be much appreciated.

KoLmafia v15.0 r10270, Windows Vista, Java 1.6.0_29
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Wed Feb 22 17:39:01 EST 2012

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:415)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1604)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1535)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1262)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1170)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.detectChallenge(LoginRequest.java:144)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:266)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:90)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.doLogin(LoginFrame.java:339)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.actionConfirmed(LoginFrame.java:286)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.GenericPanel$ConfirmedListener.execute(GenericPanel.java:589)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:214)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:263)