can_adventure( location loc)?

Nightmist

I'm just wondering if there is currently a way to know if you can adventure at a location or not without attempting a adventure( int, loc) as a check? (Since that means a server hit per attempted location, in my script those hits will build up massively quickly)

I wonder if it is already possible since I noticed that in the GUI adventure tab it seems to grey out locations which you can't access? But I can't seem to find a ASH function that does this.

as of version 9.9 no. A person could probably write a script to do this, but it would probably be quite extensive and require a few server hits for some locations. Most locations would just use an item_amount, or my_level, or sign test but not all.

Metraxis

I can see a kind of top-down spider map-build, but that is problematic in the case of spookyraven, since, as far as I can tell, there's no way to differentiate between breakable wooden stairs(damage), broken wooden stairs(waste), and reliable steel stairs(2nd Floor) without trying to climb them.

Also, given that things can change, you may want to set your code up in such a way that it only checks the map when it has to. Here's an example from my Agent script, which should be mostly self-explanatory:

Code:
	if(my_level() >= 7) {
		goal ClearNook;
		ClearNook.type = "C";
		ClearNook.area = $location[Defiled Nook];

goal ClearNiche;
		ClearNiche.type = "C";
		ClearNiche.area = $location[Defiled Niche];

goal ClearCranny;
		ClearCranny.type = "C";
		ClearCranny.area = $location[Defiled Cranny];

goal ClearAlcove;
		ClearAlcove.type = "C";
		ClearAlcove.area = $location[Defiled Alcove];

goal Generic;
		Generic.type = "X";

string cyrptpage;

if(!contains_text(questlog,"Cyrptic Emanations")) {
			cyrptpage = visit_url("cyrpt.php");
			if(contains_text(cyrptpage,"name=adv value=54")) { return ClearNook; }
			if(contains_text(cyrptpage,"name=adv value=57")) { return ClearNiche; }
			if(contains_text(cyrptpage,"name=adv value=55")) { return ClearCranny; }
			if(contains_text(cyrptpage,"name=adv value=56")) { return ClearAlcove; }
			if(in_mysticality_sign()) {
				if(current_mind_control_level() != 10) { mind_control(10); }
			}
			print("Bonerdagon Fight");
			return Generic;
		}
	}

Nightmist

Weee thread necro... Well actually not quite a month but I've encountered some various locations which I need help with, the 3 clan gyms. I am under the impression that URL's with "clan" are blacklisted internally so parsing the visit_url of the rumpus room is dead and I can't think of any other method of determining if they exist. Anyone know how else to confirm the existence of clan equipment?

Metraxis

You could create a script that asks the user what equipment their clan has, and set it as a property. On the other hand, clan gyms tend to be sub-optimal anyway, so why not just adventure?