Buy from specific mall store

nworbetan

Maybe I should have used a question mark instead of a period to show that I hadn't actually tried this. >_< Now I've tried it. It works, and I'm still being vague because I personally would be happier if mafia had stronger restrictions on how it interacts with the mall. ;)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. #6's post there didn't say anything about the case where it's your mall multi. We might be taking this out of context; I'll send #6 a PM to clarify.

Multi Czar said:
First, buying stuff from your multi's store:

Seems pretty clear to me that the response linked to above specifically applies to your mall multi if the question is multi-abuse by you.

It seems nonsensical to have it apply to anyone else's multi since how do I know if a store belongs to a main or a multi and why should anyone care if it is not my multi?

xKiv

I just have one thing to add: it's possible to buy from your own store (I just checked). Any manipulation you could do by buying from your multi's store, you could do by buying from your own, unless those sales are not counted the same way (when exported to kolmarket, for example).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. #6's post there didn't say anything about the case where it's your mall multi. We might be taking this out of context; I'll send #6 a PM to clarify.

New! From Multi Czar (#6) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 10:31PM

If the account is your mall multi, there's nothing wrong with it since the meat and items will be transferred between the accounts anyways.
If it is a multi that adventures, then it is multi abuse.

> Hey,
>
> A discussion cropped up recently in the KoLmafia forums regarding interaction with mall multis, and I wanted some clarification in thematter. Namely, is it considered multi abuse to purchase an item from the mall store of a mall multi?
>
> (This is equivalent to unstocking the item, since all mall proceeds would go to the main regardless.)
>
> The thread is located here, if you want to read it in its whole: [link] http://kolmafia.us/ showthread.php? 10936-Buy-from- specific-mall-store
>
> Thanks for your time!

Hope this clears up that threadjack.