bumdread.ash - Farm Kreugers in Dreadsylvania!

bumcheekcity

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumdread

This script will farm kreugers from the clan you're whitelisted in. It's just initial code now, I'll tidy it up and add some options shortly.

This script goes over all areas with kreugers for which you have pencil access and gets kreugers. It's very simple.

Last edited:

Crowther

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumdread

This script will farm kreugers from the clan you're whitelisted in. It's just initial code now, I'll tidy it up and add some options shortly.
I don't have any pencils in this clan and got this result:
Code:
> bumdread.ash

Step 1: Cabin
Step 2: Cabin
Step 3: Cabin
Step 4: Cabin
Step 15: Cabin
Step 6: Cabin
Step 7: Cabin
Step 8: Cabin
Step 9: Cabin
FINISHED
Then I switched to BAfH, but I don't have dungeon access, yet and got this
Code:
> bumdread.ash

You appear to be in a choice adventure.
I don't know if you care, but the text returned in this case is
Code:
Uh Oh!

You don't have permission to visit Dreadsylvania.

Return to the Clan Basement

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't have any pencils in this clan and got this result:
Pencils are not clan specific; I've used two pencils so far - in two different clans - and when I look at the Dreadsylvania map in either clan I see both shortcuts.

Crowther

Pencils are not clan specific; I've used two pencils so far - in two different clans - and when I look at the Dreadsylvania map in either clan I see both shortcuts.
They don't write on the map, but write on your brain or the back of your eyes or something? That's a serious narrative failure. Oh well, thanks for the explanation.

Crowther

Using a pencil gives a message about writing on your brain, I think.
Oh, okay then. I checked the wiki first, but the use message wasn't there.

EDIT: Drat, I just figured out that pencils are behind locks, so I can't get them in my empty clan. It will be a while before I try this script again, but I expect it will be nerfed before I do.

bumcheekcity

Updated to give clearer messages when you don't have pencil access. Also updated the main post to make it clear you need pencil access.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
EDIT: Drat, I just figured out that pencils are behind locks, so I can't get them in my empty clan. It will be a while before I try this script again, but I expect it will be nerfed before I do.

I don't expect anything to be nerfed, it all seems to be working as designed. If you use a key in your clan and then unlock that noncombat for yourself, you can go into /trade and offer to exchange ghost pencil WLs, and probably have all 9 ghost pencils in 15 minutes or so.

Crowther

I don't expect anything to be nerfed, it all seems to be working as designed. If you use a key in your clan and then unlock that noncombat for yourself, you can go into /trade and offer to exchange ghost pencil WLs, and probably have all 9 ghost pencils in 15 minutes or so.
I'm can't see pulling that off in 15 minutes (personally, I'm sure many can). Maybe an hour or two, so I'll have to wait until the weekend is all I was saying.

Yeah, this isn't a sploit or anything, just saves a few clicks.
No, the script isn't want I thought would be nerfed, but the ability to farm kreugers this way. I just expect Jick to go "I never expected people to do that so much." Personally, I think it's a fine reward for having a network of friends/clans to work with.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing your thread!

Crowther

One more noob question. Do I need to get a pencil and mark the path to Dreadsylvanian Village Square first or are people cool with me having to run around for a while the first time while I try to get the non-combat to show? I'd obviously ask the seller, but I'm curious what the norm is.

I'm starting to watch /trade . . . *ugh*

EDIT: I still feel a nerf is coming. . .

Trader: Looking for clans to get whitelists from for Kreugs ONLY. Pm me. And we can discuss the details. :D -hic-
Trader: I can trade whitelists* -hic-
To be clear, I believe it will be an over reaction.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

One more noob question. Do I need to get a pencil and mark the path to Dreadsylvanian Village Square first or are people cool with me having to run around for a while the first time while I try to get the non-combat to show? I'd obviously ask the seller, but I'm curious what the norm is.

I'm starting to watch /trade . . . *ugh*

EDIT: I still feel a nerf is coming. . .

To be clear, I believe it will be an over reaction.

If you need a dungeon to farm this stuff in, use BAFH to get all the choiceadventures, then you can use other clans for the kreugerfarming. BAFH gets cleaned out of kreugers in about 45 seconds.

And I really can't feel a nerf coming on. TPTB know full well that everything gets scripted in this game. Hell, ascension's scripted with BCasc, winterbay scripted virtually all combat with WHAM, there's a hamster script, porko script, scripts for the agua sidequests, Theraze's excellent sea scripts. I'm sure they know full well that this'll be scripted too.

Last edited:

Crowther

If you need a dungeon to farm this stuff in, use BAFH to get all the choiceadventures, then you can use other clans for the kreugerfarming. BAFH gets cleaned out of kreugers in about 45 seconds.

And I really can't feel a nerf coming on. TPTB know full well that everything gets scripted in this game. Hell, ascension's scripted with BCasc, winterbay scripted virtually all combat with WHAM, there's a hamster script, porko script, scripts for the agua sidequests, Theraze's excellent sea scripts. I'm sure they know full well that this'll be scripted too.
Like I said, it wasn't the script that I thought would be the problem. However, you said BAfH gets cleaned out of kreugers, I had no idea there was a limit to them. That's the type of nerf I expected. I bet pencils are gone pretty fast too, but eventually people will get enough.
You stick the ghost pencil into your head and annotate your mental map of the area. You'll be able to find your way back here really easily now.
Another surprise, you can use a key to unlock something and you still get in on that non-combat. I didn't see that mentioned on the forums or wiki. I think everyone assumes that's obvious, but it's not. Anyway, I got my first pencil in my own clan and marked that location on my map, so it should be easy to get more in that lame channel.

Bale

Minion
However, you said BAfH gets cleaned out of kreugers, I had no idea there was a limit to them. That's the type of nerf I expected. I bet pencils are gone pretty fast too, but eventually people will get enough.

All items are limited to 10 per instance, except for a few that are limited to 1 per instance.

Rinn

Developer
Here's the Skid row krugerrand code you had commented out:

Code:
//Skid Row (Dreadful Part of Town)
print("Step 5: Dreadful Part of Town (Moxie Class only)");
if (my_primestat() == $stat[Moxie]) {
    tryLuck(5, 737, 3, 6, 739, 1, 6);
}

Also you might want to handle the bosses being ready\killed, since that messes up the script. You could probably figure that out by using the clan_dreadsylvania.php visit_url you're already doing and checking the images.

Last edited:

Troo

Hmmm, not sure this is working ok, or if it's just me? The basement I'm in is almost completely cleaned out of FKs, except for Skid Row in the Village, because I'm DB.

But the script didn't get my FKs there, or tell me that they were available, or anything I expected it to do.

GCLI text for Village:

Step 4: Village Square
Encounter: Dreadsylvanian Village Square
Encounter: Smith, Black as Night
Encounter: Smith, Black as Night
Encounter: Dreadsylvanian Village Square
Step 5: Dreadful Part of Town
Step 6: Estate
Encounter: The Old Duke's Estate
Encounter: The Plot Thickens
Encounter: The Plot Thickens
Encounter: The Old Duke's Estate