bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Lxndr

hi! It's me, the squeaky wheel. Let me summarize what's still happening:

1. (Pet peeve, I understand why this might not be fixed): T69 skills disappear if I run a snapshot from within a run.

2. Under Tattoos, it says: "18 outfits for which you do not have the corresponding tattoo"

None of these are outfits. They are the 'Mark of' things from Dreadsylvania, and the 1,000 Krueger Dread Tat.

Also it is counting all the various Sneaky Pete Day tattoo upgrades which I currently do not have. And also the Alice's Army tattoo.

Finally, the FDKOL tattoo is marked the same way, but because it is limited time only, I have no access to that tattoo. The same for the five AWOL tattoos.

3. Mr. Items

The script greens out 'Great Ball of Frozen Fire' but I do not have any iteration of that, neither in my clan stash, or in my inventory, or in my display case.

NEW: As of now, it also greens out the Snow Suit, which I had in my inventory last month but have not had in my inventory for the past few iterations of running the snapsnot. Also not in clan stash, or inventory, or display case.

Last edited:

Theraze

1 is actually a 'feature' of KoL itself telling you that the skill is gone. Snapshot is not supposed to be run while in such a path. There's actually code to stop it...
Code:
	string bannedpaths = visit_url("http://kolmafia.co.uk/snapshot_bannedpaths.txt");
	if (contains_text(bannedpaths, my_path()) && my_path() != "") {
but it requires BCC to add (and remove) each path not to be run to the bannedpaths file, and simply makes the script not run when you do that. So you can just not run it while in path if you don't want that behaviour.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Finally, the FDKOL tattoo is marked the same way, but because it is limited time only, I have no access to that tattoo. The same for the five AWOL tattoos.
All are still available - if you have enough of the requisite currency - since the coinmaster where you can buy them is accessed by "using" one of the tokens.

If you are saying that you have none of the non-tradable currency - or not enough - then, yes, you "have no access to that tattoo".

And if you are saying that the snapshot shows all variants of these tattoos (rather than just the one you have, say) - and says you have a version that is upgraded beyond what you currently have, I suppose that is a bug.

Disclaimer: I made a snapshot when the script was first published. but have never updated it since. Is there a way to delete my snapshot? I don't need it for my own enjoyment - and am completely uninterested in "showing off" to others.

Crowther

Is there a way to delete my snapshot? I don't need it for my own enjoyment - and am completely uninterested in "showing off" to others.
Those aren't reasons to delete your snapshot, but if you have a reason to make it worth a nontrivial effort, you can set a password and disable viewing of all sections here.

Last edited:

Lxndr

Tattoo issue is still happening. Still thinks I am eligible for tattoos beyond my ken (I have no AWOL commendations nor FDKOL commendations).

Also results of another test on the Mr. Item issue: a friend of mine gave me travoltan trousers, ran a snapshot, it said I had them. Gave them back to him, ran a snapshot, it realized I don't have them. So this seems to work for recognizing items that are there, but now are not? Except for my exceptions...

It still seems to think I have the Great Ball of Frozen Fire (even though it is not in my inventory, display case, or clan stash) and the Snow Suit (same).

Maybe I'm the only one running snapshot anymore? Is this happening to anyone else? Where can I find recent snapshots?

Lxndr

If you've installed it through svn, then using the cli command svn update will get you the most recent version.

I meant recent snapshots taken by others. I wanted to see if this behaviour is repeated across accounts, or if it's just me.

(An inverse of the tattoo problem can be seen on Gemelli's snapshot: he has a fully upgraded Sneaky Pete and AWOL tattoo, and it's still telling him he's missing the lesser entities)

Bale

Minion
(An inverse of the tattoo problem can be seen on Gemelli's snapshot: he has a fully upgraded Sneaky Pete and AWOL tattoo, and it's still telling him he's missing the lesser entities)

It does that for everyone who has the full tattoo. It only displays the tattoo you actually have while leaving the others blank. I do not know why he decided to implement this differently from the way he implements the Hobopolis tattoo.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I decided to take a look at some of the code in this script, and I noticed some server hits that can be removed.

First, there's a check for having a display case at the start of main(), which for some reason is done in two server hits instead of one. This could be replaced by have_display( ). Except the script doesn't actually need to know that, since it only uses that to check whether to add in display_amount() later, and that could be harmlessly added in without the check. So that's a block of code that could be removed.

Next up is two server hits to see if you have a mall store with something in it, when have_shop() exists. But like above, shop_amount() can be called without actually caring about that.

Finally, there's a server hit for Slimy Synapses, Slimy Sinews, and Slimy Shoulders. Mafia already stores that information in skillLevel46, 47, and 48, and those go up to 20 or 10 depending on what the modifier goes up to.

Since that's all of main() gone except for calling mainSnapshot(), mainSnapshot() can just be renamed to main() at that point.

hallehoopma

I first installed this script years ago then took a long break from KoL. I recently reinstalled it, but it only seems to have picked up a couple of my new IOTMs and skills - so I after several trial & error runnings, I realized perhaps I need to reset a new password, or at least tell my browser what my password is, but, um, I forget what it may have been. So my question - is there a way to change one's BCC profile password or to retrieve a long-forgotten one? Thanks.

Just ran this, seems to update ok, but I also got this in between checking demon names and checking karma (copied from gCLI):

Code:
Checking Demon Names
-310311-31999---8493042----11------------11----------------20140890330200200 is out of range, returning 0
The string "

2014 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).

Privacy Policy

<!--
    function showPolicy(){policywnd = window.open('http://www.parkingcrew.net/privacy_german.html','pcrew_policy','width=890,height=330,left=200,top=200,menubar=no,status=yes,toolbar=no');policywnd.focus();}
-->

" is not an integer; returning 0 (snapshot.ash, line 544)
Checking Karma

hmm - embedded html comment that wasn't visible in the gCLI.

Not that this is such a thing, but is there a possible attack vector through KoLMafia if this had contained something malicious? And, if anyone wants to think about it, where could that be from?

(off to work...)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
bumcheekcity appears to have let his domain registration lapse. Thus scripts that attempt to access it get a page from the domain registrar rather than the file they expected was hosted there. I do see the response in the gCLI in some cases so it is probably a function of the script and not the intent that displays the HTML or not. So I see no reason to look for something malicious when everything observed can be easily explained.

Crowther

bumcheekcity appears to have let his domain registration lapse. Thus scripts that attempt to access it get a page from the domain registrar rather than the file they expected was hosted there. I do see the response in the gCLI in some cases so it is probably a function of the script and not the intent that displays the HTML or not. So I see no reason to look for something malicious when everything observed can be easily explained.
Well, I'm an idiot. I posted to the main KoL forums thinking I was here. Anyway, here's a version that gets the files from SVN instead of the expired domain.

Attachments

• snapshot.ash
    25 KB · Views: 118

Crowther

Could someone take over that domain and put in malicious data files and steal all your KoL riches? It's unlikely a domain squatter would notice or care about KoL and if it's not renewed in a few weeks, that's who will get it. The register might even buy the domain before it's available for anyone, because they get first dibs. I skimmed the code and for what it's worth I don't see any obvious attack vector. The worst you could probably do is imbed an nasty URL into a daemon name and hope someone clicks on it. Of course, you can never rule that kind of problem out, so it's always a possibility that the Russian mafia will take over that domain and figure out something nasty to do with it.