bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

I'm unsure it would serve the majority of the userbase to abort or not use a parrot in the guano junction in these cases, or to not use a parrot for the a-boo-clue thing on the offchance that it gets overridden. I'm happy to be outvoted here, and I could think that an opt-in option could be worth it, bcasc_abortParrotIn100Run or something.
I can't vote. I'm planning to never do another 100% run.

Theraze

The way I see it, the average player who sets a 100% familiar value wants that familiar to be 100% and they don't want anything to possibly mess up their run. Since it's been pointed out that the noncombat can be broken by wandering monsters, that means it's not a 1:1 chance of NC, meaning that it breaks 100% runs.

If you want to set your default familiar instead, do so. Don't set your 100familiar if you don't want a 100% familiar.

Or is there a good reason why we want an extra variable to do what the user has already asked us to do? :(

But we already have the defaultfamiliar property so that people who don't REALLY want the 100% run have an option. If they want a mostly run... use that. If you want a 100% run, use 100familiar instead.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If I set a parameter called bcasc_100familiar to a valid familiar then I am telling the script that I want to do a 100% run with that familiar. I want the script to do whatever suboptimal play is required in order to achieve that goal. I did not think I was requesting new functionality. I thought I was reporting a bug.

Perhaps the issue here is that A-Boo Peak is believed to be a NC adventure and thus does not count towards a 100% run even though my experience suggests otherwise? A KoL bug? A case of incomplete spading?

Theraze

Neither, as I understand it. A location that provides only 100% non-combats can use alternate familiars without danger. A location that can provide a superlikely noncombat is not the same thing, and so will still break your 100% familiar run.

Both the Guano Junction clover and A-Boo Peak with A-Boo Clue are superlikelies, but the location itself still has combats, and so they break 100% runs. By my understanding.

Is keeping your familiar suboptimal if you aren't going for a 100% run? Yep. If you tell us that you want a 100% run, should we respect that and leave your familiar alone? Yep. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Both the Guano Junction clover and A-Boo Peak with A-Boo Clue are superlikelies, but the location itself still has combats, and so they break 100% runs. By my understanding.

Getting a noncombat or superlikely or clover adventure or any encounter that doesn't involve a monster, even in a location that has monsters, does not mess up 100% runs.

Fronobulax's 90% run means there were a lot of of combats with other encounters, far more than any single misunderstood mechanic could possibly explain. It would be more like doing the entire level 10 quest with a different familiar out. Maybe something would be found if the entire log was posted rather than a single suspected part.

Also, both of those examples are obviously clover adventures, which are distinct from superlikelies.

If I set a parameter called bcasc_100familiar to a valid familiar then I am telling the script that I want to do a 100% run with that familiar. I want the script to do whatever suboptimal play is required in order to achieve that goal. I did not think I was requesting new functionality. I thought I was reporting a bug.

I'd think that's a bug too. I plan to do some 100% familiar runs for the trophies (because...it's not like I'm doing the runs except for fun).

I think it's too complicated to ask the script to try for 90-100%.

I thought about doing a 100% run with each familiar...but man that's a lot of runs. At least I know where I can get a script that will help me with them. ;)

coderanger

Not sure how to file a patch on sourceforge because I've not used it in many years, but here is a little addition to setFamiliar to make it use the Mini-Adventurer if you are high-enough level to make it act like a Fairy and you have made it an AT

Code:
else if(have_path_familiar($familiar[Mini-adventurer]) && contains_text($familiar[Mini-adventurer].image, "miniadv6") && my_level() >= 10 && (contains_text(famtype, "item") || contains_text(famtype, "equipment"))) {
  use_familiar($familiar[Mini-adventurer]);
  return true;
}

I just put it as part of the spanglerack special cases. Not sure if this is generally desirable, but since it requires some kind of effort to choose a class for your mini-adventurer it seems like a safe bet that if it is set to AT that you want to use it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Fronobulax's 90% run means there were a lot of of combats with other encounters, far more than any single misunderstood mechanic could possibly explain. It would be more like doing the entire level 10 quest with a different familiar out. Maybe something would be found if the entire log was posted rather than a single suspected part.

I quoted the 90% since 90% != 100% and that is what BCC's snapshot claimed for the familiar. The two recent runs for which I believe BCCAscend did not observe the 100% request are reported here as 98.9% and 99.5%.

Theraze

Which comes to 15 turns spent with the wrong familiar (1354*.989=1339.1 and 1354-1339=15) and 8 rounds spent with the wrong familiar (1510*.995=1502.45 and 1510-1502=8).

Anyways, since we've committed some changes to try to protect 100% runs, let us know if they appear to cause any new problems or if 100% runs are still being broken.

BUG: It looks like the script failed to get me a saucepan, and then aborted. It could easily get one via chewing gum... ;)

HC BIG AT run

Code:
Visit to McLarge: Lair of the Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[304] Lair of the Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: ninja snowman assassin
Strategy: /home/bhanes/.kolmafia/ccs/HC.ccs [default]
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
ATT: 310 (6% × (37.05), death in 277)
DEF: 295 (97.73% × 30.72, win in 6)
HP: 165, Value: 1,200.63 μ, RES: 0 (1) (-1) (-1)
WHAM: Monster HP is 165.0.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase (0μ)0μ--
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 6-shot with attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and attack with your weapon.
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round 1: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 2: ninja snowman assassin takes 68 damage.
You lose 65 hit points
Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!
You lose 2 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 4: ninja snowman assassin takes 68 damage.
You lose 59 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 5: ninja snowman assassin takes 63 damage.
Round 5: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 5 hit points
You gain 3 Mojo Points
After Battle: Cry Baby does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: ninja carabiner
You gain 20 Strengthliness
You gain 19 Enchantedness
You gain 43 Cheek
Look! You found 1 ninja carabiner (45μ)!

Restoring HP! Currently at 100 of 277 HP, 51 of 309 MP, current meat: 13351 ... Target HP = 277.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 177 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Maximizing...
720 combinations checked, best score 4.00
Wielding double-barreled sling...
Equipment changed.
Putting Cry Baby the Jumpsuited Hound Dog back into terrarium...
Taking Resistance the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...
You need 1 more saucepan to continue.

EDIT: I manually got the saucepan, it threw up Scarysauce and then continued on.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Neither, as I understand it. A location that provides only 100% non-combats can use alternate familiars without danger. A location that can provide a superlikely noncombat is not the same thing, and so will still break your 100% familiar run.

Is keeping your familiar suboptimal if you aren't going for a 100% run? Yep. If you tell us that you want a 100% run, should we respect that and leave your familiar alone? Yep. :)

Makes sense. Have you put these changes through or do they need to be put through?

Aleph

been a while since i've done a non-avatar/non-mox run and i can't seem to find the do myst as mox option. can anyone tell me where it was moved(or where it always was and i just missed)?

Theraze

Makes sense. Have you put these changes through or do they need to be put through?

Yes. I committed them in r305 and r306 was done by ioeth to clean it up... I'd forgotten that 100familiar gets set as a global earlier. Oops.
I'd done a bit with r304, but that caused potential problems for unlocking the Black Market, so removed that in r305.

been a while since i've done a non-avatar/non-mox run and i can't seem to find the do myst as mox option. can anyone tell me where it was moved(or where it always was and i just missed)?

set bcasc_doMystAsCCS=true

tcluny

During the last couple of HC BIG! runs I've done BCCAscend gets to the war and starts the Arena as a Frat then goes to the Haunted Bathroom to flyer the GMOB. It gets to this point:

[889] The Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
Took choice 105/3: guy made of bees
choice.php?whichchoice=105&option=3&pwd
Encounter: The Guy Made Of Bees
Round 0: od wins initiative!
> BCC: We are fighting the GMOB!
Round 1: od uses the rock band flyers!
You lose 29,963 hit points
> You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.

Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You gain 329 hit points
> Restoring HP! Currently at 332 of 332 HP, 190 of 342 MP, current meat: 15912 ... Target HP = 332.
> BCC: Preparing Food (Have 0 Reagent Pastas)
> BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 3 SCC and 0 ACC)
> BCC: Maximizing ''
> BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
> BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'pair of stomping boots'.
> BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax

place.php?whichplace=canadia&action=lc_mcd
Encounter: The Super Secret Canadian Mind-Control Device
Took choice 769/1: unknown
choice.php?whichchoice=769&option=1&setting=0
> BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
> BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 1 more times.
> BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
choice.php?whichchoice=769&option=1&setting=10

[890] The Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
Took choice 105/3: guy made of bees
choice.php?whichchoice=105&option=3&pwd
> BCC: Preparing Food (Have 0 Reagent Pastas)
> BCC: Preparing Booze (Have 3 SCC and 0 ACC)
> BCC: Maximizing ''
> BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
> BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'pair of stomping boots'.
> BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax

choice.php?whichchoice=769&option=1&setting=0
> BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!

cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
> BCC: You need to say 'Guy made of bees' 5 more times.
> BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Then proceeds to burn all of my remaining adventures if I'm not babysitting Mafia to abort. If I manually change back to the Frat Uniform I can complete the sidequest. The only thing I can think of that I'm doing differently is going back and killing the GMOB in aftercore between ascensions. The last two runs have been myst sign to collect Manuel entries, but this happened when mus sign as well. Is there a flag I've messed up by killing the GMOB in aftercore that has the count off, or is something else causing BCCAscend to skip returning to the Arena to complete the sidequest?

bumcheekcity

So the script successfully flyers the GMOB (and hence completes the quest) but then just continues to adventure in the Bathroom ad infinitum?

Can you show the result of the following in the CLI?

Code:
ash get_property("flyeredML")

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So the script successfully flyers the GMOB (and hence completes the quest) but then just continues to adventure in the Bathroom ad infinitum?

Code:

That was a mafia bug that capped monster attack/defense at 300 even if their base value was much higher. Fixed in 12336.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member

Code:

Can't help with anything but memory, but I saw this at least once in a BIG! run. The GMOB had been flyered, but I think the fact that the quest had been completed had not registered. I visited the Arena, got a message that suggested I wasn't wearing an outfit, manually got back into the Frat War outfit, visited the Arena, got the expected message, ran bccascend and things proceeded as expected.

Since I have seen a few cases where bccascend seems to think whatever is already equipped is satisfactory I just shrugged this off as a case where ascend thought I had the outfit on when I didn't.

As for those few cases, my best overnight gear is often empty hands and a time halo and I don't know how many times bccascend will let me adventure without a weapon.

Theraze

doesn't seem to work at all, keeps giving me a melee weapon so i can't hit anything, having to manually gear and plink.
if there anyway i can convince the script i'm a db so it will play it as such?

Ah, I'm sorry... you seem to be mixing up this with Winterbay's autoBasement script, which does have a combat stat that can be set.
The only myst-specific value here is for if you want it to auto-fight or use your CCS. Though you could also set bcasc_ignoreSafeMoxInHardcore=true to have it ignore safe moxie and not level up and just keep fighting, but...

Just did a BIG! run with the script. I basically used inigo's and ate/drank by myself, otherwise it was probably 99% this script and I got a 4/935. I'll take it!

:D