bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Mafia's untinker checker is failing to mark the untinker as completed. When you say yes, it tries to run adventures to get the screwdriver from the knoll, not realizing that as it checks with the untinker to get the quest, it's already turning in the screwdriver and finishing the quest.

Basically, it's mafia needing to have its "is the untinker quest completed?" check updated to include visiting the untinker without prompting if you're already possessing the screwdriver.

morgad

a weird one ...
Code:
BCC: You have at least one inkwell for telescope part 4
BCC: Please get NG for telescope part 3 from 'Orc Chasm' yourself
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair0 => 120
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You need tower items that the script won't automatically get. Go get them yourself.
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for NG (1)...
Creating NG (1)...
You acquire an item: NG
Successfully created NG (1)
the script wanted me to farm stuff I already had

best regards
Dave

Winterbay

a weird one ...
Code:
BCC: You have at least one inkwell for telescope part 4
BCC: Please get NG for telescope part 3 from 'Orc Chasm' yourself
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair0 => 120
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You need tower items that the script won't automatically get. Go get them yourself.
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for NG (1)...
Creating NG (1)...
You acquire an item: NG
Successfully created NG (1)
the script wanted me to farm stuff I already had

best regards
Dave

Yeah, that code is... Not working as it should andshould probably be rewritten.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Mafia's untinker checker is failing to mark the untinker as completed. When you say yes, it tries to run adventures to get the screwdriver from the knoll, not realizing that as it checks with the untinker to get the quest, it's already turning in the screwdriver and finishing the quest.

Basically, it's mafia needing to have its "is the untinker quest completed?" check updated to include visiting the untinker without prompting if you're already possessing the screwdriver.

In light of recent discussions about scripting around mafia bugs I'll make a FR.

Is there an ETA on getting BCA changed to match the new location names. This morning it tried to adventure in Pandemonium(Laughing Floor) and obviously that isn't the right name anymore

Ioeth

Is there an ETA on getting BCA changed to match the new location names. This morning it tried to adventure in Pandemonium(Laughing Floor) and obviously that isn't the right name anymore

I'd be happy to help with this if a hand is needed. I've been keeping Harvest up to date and have already made all of the location changes for it, if you need some reference before giving out commit access.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The "new location names" are "KoL's official location names". "They" changed them so that it would be possible to, for example, identify locations from the Florist Friar - which are given by name, not URL.

At least, that's what I assume was meant when txrangersx said "it tried to adventure in Pandemonium(Laughing Floor) and obviously that isn't the right name anymore". Since only location names were changed, "avoid the multiple matches errors when new zones, monsters, etc. are added" doesn't seem relevant. Perhaps Ioeth was thinking of the "friendly warnings" that are given to enable script writers to fully specify things in constants so their scripts don't suddenly break when new objects make the old partial names suddenly ambiguous.

Those are worth fixing in BCCascend - just as they are in all scripts - but that is different than "a location name changed". :)

Ioeth

Perhaps Ioeth was thinking of the "friendly warnings" that are given to enable script writers to fully specify things in constants so their scripts don't suddenly break when new objects make the old partial names suddenly ambiguous.

You are correct, I was thinking the other thing!

Winterbay

At least, that's what I assume was meant when txrangersx said "it tried to adventure in Pandemonium(Laughing Floor) and obviously that isn't the right name anymore". Since only location names were changed, "avoid the multiple matches errors when new zones, monsters, etc. are added" doesn't seem relevant.

Well, some old location names, as used by some scripts, suddenly started giving multiple matches after the update so a change that was mainly cosmetic (with as much backwads compatibility as was given) did break a small number of things.

Ioeth

Alright, I just committed r295 of bumcheekascend with all of the fuzzy match fixes. Should quiet down initial execution of the script a lot. Hopefully didn't break anything along they way!

By the way, I wrote a perl script to make the fuzzy match changes based on KoLmafia's new whiny output, if anyone would like it. Makes the whole process a LOT easier.

I been using BCA to do a Way of the Suprising Fist Run and get the following:

BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
Using 1 Evilometer...
Finished using 1 Evilometer.
The Nook is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Alcove is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Cranny is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Niche is at 0/50 Evilness...
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: Maximizing ''
[hilarious comedy prop-10 ml] has no matches.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

I can recreate at will if someone will tell me how to set verbosity at 9. I am using the most recent mafia and the most recent BCA from SVN

Crowther

I been using BCA to do a Way of the Suprising Fist Run and get the following:

BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
Using 1 Evilometer...
Finished using 1 Evilometer.
The Nook is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Alcove is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Cranny is at 0/50 Evilness...
The Niche is at 0/50 Evilness...
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: Maximizing ''
[hilarious comedy prop-10 ml] has no matches.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

I can recreate at will if someone will tell me how to set verbosity at 9. I am using the most recent mafia and the most recent BCA from SVN
I believe you're moxie class. If so, it's probably this line:
Code:
                case $stat[Moxie] :             cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+maxme+(my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? "" : " -melee ") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : "-10 ml") + " +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max "); break;
Try changing "-10 ml" to " -10 ml", like this:
Code:
                case $stat[Moxie] :             cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+maxme+(my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? "" : " -melee ") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : " -10 ml") + " +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max "); break;
That's the same line with problems on giant castle ground floor quest.

Theraze

Better fix would be to put a space into the "" so that it doesn't double-gape. Or put the " -10 ml" and remove the space after " -melee ". Either way.

Fixed something between 5-10 space-gape maximization strings and committed.

Last edited:

Crowther

Better fix would be to put a space into the "" so that it doesn't double-gape. Or put the " -10 ml" and remove the space after " -melee ". Either way.

Fixed something between 5-10 space-gape maximization strings and committed.
That's the right thing to do. That section of code flipped back and forth between adding space before or after strings.