bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

With the jump, consultBarrr wouldn't ever throw. The tryBeerPong gets used after you've already gotten the dentures, but with that message, it's doing consultBarrr.

Easiest 'fix' is to change round == 1 to round == 0 in the consultBarrr, but that means you don't throw if you lose init. However, in AoJ, if you lose init, you're probably dead anyways. :D

Winterbay

With the jump, consultBarrr wouldn't ever throw. The tryBeerPong gets used after you've already gotten the dentures, but with that message, it's doing consultBarrr.

Easiest 'fix' is to change round == 1 to round == 0 in the consultBarrr, but that means you don't throw if you lose init. However, in AoJ, if you lose init, you're probably dead anyways. :D

You can also use (round == 0 || round == 1) which means it'll waste a server hit if you get the jump but at least it won't fail to use it just because the not getting the jump.

bumcheekcity

Winterbay, I have moved the data files previously hosted on bumcheekcity.com to kolmafia.co.uk, which I recently registered for the express purporse of allowing others to update data files on bUMRATS, snapshot and bumcheekascend.

If you want, I'll make you a user account which will allow you to update this.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Winterbay, I have moved the data files previously hosted on bumcheekcity.com to kolmafia.co.uk, which I recently registered for the express purporse of allowing others to update data files on bUMRATS, snapshot and bumcheekascend.

Does this mean there will be updates to various scripts appearing in the near future?

Winterbay

That'd be great. I don't have many needs for it now (though I think there is one setting which is currently very hidden), but it does crop up from time to time.

I have noticed in my last few ascensions that when my char reaches lvl 6 the script tries to get the hippy outfit, disregarding any of the other quests that I might have available and need to complete to progress. Since the drops from the mobs for the outfit pieces are extremely low, the script would adventure there for ages if unattended, so I always have had to end up taking manual control of it from that point on. A change that was made a while ago made it so that if you had reached the war quest and adventured in either camp without being disguised, there were a few non-combat adventures that would make you get your desired outfit in just a few adventures. Am I missing something that makes it useful to get the hippy outfit before the war, and therefore the script is working as intended, or is this some unwanted behaviour? If so,when can we expect a patch/how can we edit the script to skip that step at lvl 6?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Getting the hippy outfit lets you yellow ray for the frat war outfit in 1 turn. Maybe the script assumes you have yellow rays available for both the hippy and frat warrior outfits. Without yellow rays, you probably shouldn't get the hippy outfit before level 9 at least.

Winterbay

Well, the fruits you can buy in the hippy store are useful for DB drinks as well, but yes the script will blow up a hippie to get the outfit if that option is available.

Winterbay

Not at the moment, at least not witout editing the script yourself. Also, you should've gotten a pumpkin patch or a libram of clipart as replacement apparently :)

Crowther

Not at the moment, at least not witout editing the script yourself. Also, you should've gotten a pumpkin patch or a libram of clipart as replacement apparently :)
For my handful of Jarlsberg runs, I edited the script to remove both getting the hippie outfit and vacationing. Then on day two I make a skeletal skiff and pulled the hippie outfit. I doubt that's optimal, but the runs went fast enough.

Winterbay

For my handful of Jarlsberg runs, I edited the script to remove both getting the hippie outfit and vacationing. Then on day two I make a skeletal skiff and pulled the hippie outfit. I doubt that's optimal, but the runs went fast enough.

That works fine unless you're in Hardcore :)
The script was set to not do the hippy outfit if you were in AoJ but since the script was not adapted to get the outfit at level 12 this made things crash when it tried to start the war and so I reverted that.

Crakker

I am very new at this, so I am probably doing something wrong.
Whenever I try to fun this scripy, i see hte following message:

Bad skill value:"Curdle" (bumcheekascend v0.55.ash, line 1314)

As far as I can tell, I have set up everything as I saw in the posts. I tried searching for this problem, but couldnt find anything, so I guess its something silly I am doing.

Theraze

Just took a peek at BCA due to someone's CHIT question and noted that it always has you equipping the spectacles for wine. This is only needed during your first ascension, so equipping that is basically just wasted server hits and a bit of slowdown.

I've validated this by changing my L11 script to only equip on my_ascensions() < 2 (couldn't remember if it starts at 0 or 1, and I was lazy. heh.) and that's sped things up by several seconds per ascension. And hey, less server hits. :)

Crakker

Thanks very much winterbay! I did have the wrong version. Should probably check all my things again now, just to make sure. I had a weird problem where the script couldnt make a digital key, so spent 160 turns in the 8bit realm. I have something set up incorrectly or the wrong version I guess. The break I took from the game was much too long.

Winterbay

Thanks very much winterbay! I did have the wrong version. Should probably check all my things again now, just to make sure. I had a weird problem where the script couldnt make a digital key, so spent 160 turns in the 8bit realm. I have something set up incorrectly or the wrong version I guess. The break I took from the game was much too long.

YEha, you need the so called SVN-vesion for the Digital Key to work since Mafia has still not updated to work together with the new Store interfaces.

Everytime I run the script, it changes into using a disco ball and chef hat, why is that?..I obviously have stronger weapons. Not sure if it's a bug.

Last edited: