bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

Ahh yes... THat is easy to fix (add a conditional for the umbrella to only be used if you are not BOris or Surprising FIst).
Yeah, but the way that code checks multiple times, I'd rather rewrite the flow so that adding another conditional keeps it readable.

Boris aborted trying to use the black market map without creating the blackbird. I don't really care about past paths, but figured I'd mention it. Stupid Manuel sending me off on these crazy goose chases.

Winterbay

Well, 3 checks are needed as it is currently programmed. I've done that for now, if you come up with a better way I'm all for changing it :)

hobo386

I'm fairly inexperienced with mafia, and the script gets hung up on Barney's Barrr, the junkyard, and the flier quest. I'm imagining I'm missing something in my custom combat script. Is there a recommended one?

Winterbay

I'm fairly inexperienced with mafia, and the script gets hung up on Barney's Barrr, the junkyard, and the flier quest. I'm imagining I'm missing something in my custom combat script. Is there a recommended one?

In which way does it get hung up? The Junkyard works relatively badly in Jarlsberg but for normal runs the builtin system should really work. Also, all the ones you mention are handled by BCA in overrides and so using WHAM won't help very much unfortunately.

hobo386

In which way does it get hung up? The Junkyard works relatively badly in Jarlsberg but for normal runs the builtin system should really work. Also, all the ones you mention are handled by BCA in overrides and so using WHAM won't help very much unfortunately.

(I've been running this on a level 20ish turtle tamer right now, so not a Jarlsberg issue.)
Well for the Barr it adventures infinitely without using the pirate book. After about 50 adventures I switched and manually got the insults. It's the same for gremlins, but I can't find the logs for the fliers.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Were you in a softcore run, i.e. are you now out of ROnin? Because if you are out of Ronin the script skips the insults, although I have no idea why because as far as I know you can't finish the games without winning the beer pong. Or can you?

hobo386

Were you in a softcore run, i.e. are you now out of ROnin? Because if you are out of Ronin the script skips the insults, although I have no idea why because as far as I know you can't finish the games without winning the beer pong. Or can you?

Yep, I was out of Ronin. And I have no clue about any other way to do the pirate quest.

Winterbay

Looking closer it appears that the script should return "item Big Book of Pirate Insults" if you have the book and is in the Barrr even if you are in "casual" mode. So a copy of the printout in the CLI or log would possibly good to try and figure out what's wrong.

I keep getting the message "you cant hit anything here" and it's never done this before. It started doing it at around level 8. Now I'm at level 11 almost to 12 and it's still doing it.

Theraze

Any chance the failure is due to checking for round == 1? Isn't it round 0 if you get the jump?
Here:
Code:
	if (round == 1) {
		if (my_path() == "Bees Hate You") return "item Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery";
		return "item the big book of pirate insults";
	}

Winterbay

Actually you are in the wrong function...
Code:
    //If we have BPI, we may as well use it. 
    if (item_amount($item[big book of pirate insults]) > 0 && bookThisMonster() && round == 0) {
        print("BCC: Use the Big Book of Pirate Insults", "purple");
        return "item Big Book of Pirate Insults";
    }

The question still stands though, what happens if we lose initiative isn't the round 1 then?

Theraze

Well, yes and no. I was quoting from consultBarrr, not consultCasual, or tryBeerPong... However, consultBarrr is the only one of the 3 that will actually take care of Bee paths. While we do know that it was a SC run, we don't know (unless I missed it) if it was Beecore or not. Was listed as a pirate book, but... should probably take care of that eventually. :)

Anyways, yes. I believe that on jump-fights, the round is 0. On non-jump, the round is 1. We need some way to track if the book has been thrown regardless of jump... could throw it on 0 and 1 both, unless you're currently embarassed. Better ideas?

Does anyone know why it always switches to a turtle familiar when I'm doing TT runs? For example, when I'm retrieving meat for the Nuns, it doesn't use the Leprechaun.

You need to set your attack-action in the combat section of Mafia to something other than "attack with weapon".

You know, I read your reply and I was thinking to myself....that can't be it because I use a custom combat script that I wrote. So I went to double check, and sure enough......it was set to attack with weapon. I must have forgotten to change it from when I was in aftercore. Definitely feel really stupid now, lol. Thank you again Winterbay :D

Regarding the insult issue-
I'm getting that too lately, in HC AoJ.
I keeps saying: "Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 0 insults." and fighting a pirate without using the book. Rinse repeat until I stop it.

from my session log-

Code:
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [piratefledges].
 > BCC: Maximizing '+outfit swashbuckling getup'

equip hat eyepatch

equip weapon Staff of the Staff of Life

equip pants swashbuckling pants

equip acc1 stuffed shoulder parrot
 > BCC: levelMe(87, false) called.
 > BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
 > BCC: Using a default stat familiar.
 > BCC: Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 0 insults.
 > Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r37)...
 > Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
 > Checking for updates (running Best Between Battle Script Ever ver. 2.6)...
 > Running Best Between Battle Script Ever version: 2.6 (current)
 > You have the latest use_for_items.txt.  Will not check again today.
> Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.10.6)...
 > You'd be able to purchase magical mystery juice if you opened your guild store

[581] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: toothy pirate
Round 0: forkrunkyandjadra wins initiative!
 > BCC: Monster HP is 75
 > BCC: These are the figures for Bake: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Bake
 > BCC: These are the figures for Blend: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Blend
 > BCC: These are the figures for Boil: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 96 damage from Boil
 > BCC: These are the figures for Chop: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 2000 damage from Chop
 > BCC: These are the figures for Curdle: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Curdle
 > BCC: These are the figures for Freeze: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 96 damage from Freeze
 > BCC: These are the figures for Fry: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Fry
 > BCC: These are the figures for Grill: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Grill
 > BCC: These are the figures for Slice: Bonus: 0.0 and 3.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 141.0
 > BCC: I expect 0 damage from Slice
 > BCC: We are going to one-shot with Boil
Round 1: forkrunkyandjadra casts BOIL!
Round 2: toothy pirate takes 320 damage.
Round 2: forkrunkyandjadra wins the fight!
You gain 43 Meat
You acquire an item: cocktail napkin
You gain 6 Strengthliness
You gain 17 Magicalness
You gain 4 Sarcasm
 > BCC: Adventuring one turn at a time to get 7 insults. Currently, we have 0 insults.
 > You'd be able to purchase magical mystery juice if you opened your guild store