bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Code:
******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'castle' for the Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: Maximizing '+equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop'
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 1,136.25
BCC: Getting the digital key.
Mood swing complete.

Visit to Woods: 8-Bit Realm in progress...

[96] 8-Bit Realm
Encounter: Octorok
Strategy: C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\KoLMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Cereal Killer 024 wins initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
WHAM: We are going to 2-shot with Blend and Boil.
Round 1: Cereal Killer 024 executes a macro!
Round 1: Cereal Killer 024 casts BLEND!
Round 2: Cereal Killer 024 casts BOIL!
Round 3: octorok takes 71 damage.
Round 3: Cereal Killer 024 wins the fight!
You acquire an item: red pixel
You gain 5 Strongness
You gain 14 Magicalness
You gain 5 Chutzpah

You acquire an item: white pixel

Hey I don't know if its the script or something else, but I get to the You acquire an item: white pixel then it just holds there and does nothing. I then hit escape and rerun but keep getting same thing. Like always I'm sure its just something I'm not understanding. I'm in a HC AoJ run if that matters at all. Thanks

Theraze

If you aren't using the latest SVN version, the problem is probably that mafia's 'special' shop handling code is currently broken. And the mystic is a special shop. There's a workaround in the latest SVN...

Winterbay

Actually the SVN-version probably does that (as indicated by the "you aquire an item: white pixel") due to Mafia not updating the item amounts when using visit_url. Fixed in the new SVN version which also adds familiar swapping for Jarlsberg if bcasc_SwapFood is set to true.

Ioeth

I've noticed while doing AoJ runs using WHAM in my CCS that I'm getting this happening in a few places, including any adventures in the Hidden City. Any idea what's up here? Is this related to the fact that WHAM doesn't seem to like running when KoLmafia thinks it's past round 1? Is there any way I can make WHAM be okay with that?

Log:
Code:
[732] Hidden City (Square 1)
Encounter: boaraffe
Round 0: ioeth wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: This isn't actually adventuring at the noob cave. Don't worry! (Myst)

You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

My CCS:
Code:
[ default ]
consult WHAM.ash
abort

Winterbay

The most probable cause is that for some reason when passing by the noob cave (which only happens in myst runs) Mafia hands over to the second line in your CCS. Had your CCS been only the WHAM-line that would never have shown up (which I guess is why I've never encountered it).

Theraze

Yes... any time you do a multi-line CCS, it will start with whichever line matches the round. Combat begins? Full lines. Combat continues? Second/third/whichever line... which is usually not what people expect. But it's what they've asked for...

WHAM will abort if it needs to automatically. The extra line just means that continued combats will always fail.

So... If you lose to groar, the script will just go again. Would it be possible to add an abort a la the level 11 bosses? (I lost because the consult doesn't know about groar's crazy damage reduction, and it just kept trying for 20 turns before I noticed, losing every time)

Thanks!

Winterbay

So... If you lose to groar, the script will just go again. Would it be possible to add an abort a la the level 11 bosses? (I lost because the consult doesn't know about groar's crazy damage reduction, and it just kept trying for 20 turns before I noticed, losing every time)

Thanks!

Which consult? If you're using WHAM that does know about the resistance, but the built in ones does not that's true.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Admittedly I am doing a Black Cat run in Bad Moon and so get what I deserve, but WHAM cannot figure out how to kill Groar and BCCAscend doesn't seem to want to do anything but kill Groar so I'd love it if there were some kind of special handling that delayed killing Groar if there were other beneficial things to do. At the moment I just have to give up using BCCAscend until I manually kill Groar.

Tangentially, I am now starting to see posts that tell people to use the latest SVN version of BCCAscend and not the "released" one. Short of using SVN and writing my own updating script, is there a tool out there that will automatically update my local copy or suggest to me that there is an update?

Winterbay

Admittedly I am doing a Black Cat run in Bad Moon and so get what I deserve, but WHAM cannot figure out how to kill Groar and BCCAscend doesn't seem to want to do anything but kill Groar so I'd love it if there were some kind of special handling that delayed killing Groar if there were other beneficial things to do. At the moment I just have to give up using BCCAscend until I manually kill Groar.

Tangentially, I am now starting to see posts that tell people to use the latest SVN version of BCCAscend and not the "released" one. Short of using SVN and writing my own updating script, is there a tool out there that will automatically update my local copy or suggest to me that there is an update?

I don't think so. ANd the main reason to use the SVN-version at the moment is because Mafia currently doesn't handle the Crackpot Mystic or VEnding Machine and so the script will be broken. SHould Mafia be fixed this will no longer be a problem.

CKtheFat

I have the latest version of bumcheekascend from svn and the latest KolMafia build. I've noticed that the script wants to equip my familiar, a Baby Gravy Fairy, with the Itty Bitty Bathysphere, which allows it breath underwater at the cost of 20 pounds. (I am level 12, have not yet beat the NS, and have no desire to do underwater stuff this run.)

I can't image why on earth this is a good thing. My guess is that the script is looking at any familiar equipment to provide my familiar since I don't have anything that fits the Baby Gravy Fairy. I don't think I had this problem with my Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot that has its custom familiar equipment, the Rhesus Monkey. I'll try winning my fairy its familiar equipment and see what the script does then.

Update: Indeed, earning my fairy its equipment, the Eye Pod, has the script choose that over the bathysphere.

I can see why this isn't much of a concern since on a normal run there's no need to pick up the bathysphere in the first place. Just an FYI on some obscure interesting behavior :)

Last edited:

Theraze

By default, mafia considers something as better than nothing, unless it actively drops the maximization value. Items like the IBB are why my normal 'mymax' string has .01 familiar weight as one of the bits... Avoid the negative weight bits unless I actually want it for something else. :)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a log but when the script tries to get a baseball for the tower it doesn't equip stench resist gear so it keeps cycling through trying to kill the tower monster since it can't get into Guano Junction

So as I am sure you can tell by my constant posting in this thread I use this script all the time. While I recognize it isn't intended to be bleeding edge perfect, there are some relatively straight forward enhancements I'd like to suggest for you to do with as you see fit. I did look at the script to see if I could figure out how to implement the changes locally, but quite honestly I'm way too worried I'll break it and it's not clear to me how moods/maximize/etc are managed just yet.

Caveat to the below being that I've been in AoJ runs mostly lately, so maybe these changes arent enhancing anything for non-AoJ runs, though i think at least a few would be beneficial in almost any kind of run.

A-Boo Peak - from personal experience it seems like we'd benefit greatly by just maximizing HP. This probably includes using some obvious HP buff items (thick-skinned from the hatter, CSA bravery, ben-gal's, etc). For me anyway it seems like I last on average a round longer, sometimes two, for each a-boo clue when I do that, shortening the overall time spent in the zone.

Junkyard - I've been stopping automation and running this one manually for a while now. Since you dont have to wear the fatigues to adventure in the zones (you only need it to start and complete the quest) I generally maximize mox, hp, da so I can last as long as possible vs the gremlins.

Orchard - again, you only need the outfit to start and finish the quest (starting isnt even really necessary once the orchard is accessible) so i just jack up items in all equipment slots. I'll also use any obvious item buffs here (pumpkin juice, pool 3, etc) as well as divine crackers if i happen to have them (perhaps that's a WHAM improvement, but i'm under the impression BCA overrides a lot of stuff for the island war).

I think I had some others, but I'm drawing a blank on them right now. I'll be happy to post them if you find this kind of feedback useful, of course I'll also keep quiet if you feel the above are too limited-use-case to be implemented globally.

Thanks for amazing upkeep on what I consider to be a vital script.

CKtheFat

Hm... this may well be a KolMafia thing, but I'm getting this from the script:

You don't have a skill uniquely matching "1 Spirit of Wormwood"

I'm playing as a Pastamancer, Lvl 13, trying to starts the "Dooks" sidequest on the island. I believe Spirit of Wormwood is an effect from the lvl 14 spell.

Winterbay

SVN version 247 fixes that. I missed that one when I fixed the same thing for the Ninjas.

Edit: That also fixed the infinite loop when forgetting stench resistance.

Last edited:

Crowther

I found an infinite loop in the castle basement under Boris. I had at titanium assault umbrella and no amulet. The maximizer failed, because I couldn't wear the umbrella, but the code continued and kept taking the choice adventures assuming I had one on.

Workaround: I put the umbrella in my display case. I couldn't see a clean code fix.

The top floor is a bit of a mess too. I think I can fix that.

EDIT: Not too big of a mess. I didn't as the mohawk wig, but I added handling of adventures that can't advance the quest.
Code:
                if(i_a("drum 'n' bass 'n' drum 'n' bass record") > 0) {^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure675", 2);^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure676", 1);^M
                } else {^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure675", 1);^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure676", 3);^M
                }^M
                if(i_a("model airship") != 0)^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure677", 1);^M
                else if(i_a("steam-powered model rocketship") == 0)^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure677", 2);^M
                else^M
                        set_property("choiceAdventure677", 4);^M
                set_property("choiceAdventure678", 4);^M
                set_property("choiceAdventure679", 1);^M
                set_property("choiceAdventure680", 1);^M
I know, that's not very helpful.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Ahh yes... THat is easy to fix (add a conditional for the umbrella to only be used if you are not BOris or Surprising FIst).