bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Pazleysox

Has anyone had issues with the script spending too many turns in the castle? In my last few runs the script spent over 150 turns in the basement of the giant's castle. I have to do the whole castle automatically.

Any suggestions?

Paz

EdFox

With SVN 240 I keep getting a looping error that seems due to a missing space:
BCC: Maximizing ''
Unrecognized keyword: init-10 ml
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Doing the island war, on son of a beach, just when the script starts up. SVN 239 does not do this. The maximixe command works if I add a space after "init".

Thanks for the great script, guys.

Winterbay

Yeah, 241. Forgot a space when I added back the +init I removed from the myst-line in my local copy (I don't think 3 skateboards are better than +stat gear, but I may be wrong...)

bumcheekcity

I've updated the script to version 0.55. Sorry I've been so busy lately - I'll try and keep the headline version of the script more up to date in the future.

Bazaaretw

For whatever reason, I'm having a lot of troubles making the Digital key, dunno if this was fixed yet and I missed it, but it spends an incredible amount of time, and still can't make the key, even tho I can clearly make it manually.
You have:
red pixel 76 red pixels
green pixel 69 green pixels
blue pixel 79 blue pixels
white pixel 114 white pixels

Condition added: digital key
Verifying ingredients for digital key (1)...
Creating 1 digital key...
Creation failed, no results detected.

Validating adventure sequence...
Condition added: digital key
Verifying ingredients for digital key (1)...
Verifying ingredients for white pixel (6)...
Creating 6 white pixel...
Creation failed, no results detected.
black pixel 105 black pixels

Theraze

It's a New Content issue. KoL changed a bunch of their shops and mafia doesn't support most of the changed shops yet.

Pazleysox

I've been having a problem with the script again... I like to modify the buffs that the script upkeeps, but every time I do, I get this

Script parsing error (bumcheekascend v0.55.ash, line 1)

Even if I change the script BACK to what it previously was, and save, it gives me the same issue. After writing this, I decided to look into it a little further. I took a fresh copy of the script (I always keep one handy), and opened it with my editor, and saved it (without changing anything). Low and behold I got the same parsing error...

I'm unsure why it does this. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I've been having a problem with the script again... I like to modify the buffs that the script upkeeps, but every time I do, I get this

Script parsing error (bumcheekascend v0.55.ash, line 1)

Even if I change the script BACK to what it previously was, and save, it gives me the same issue. After writing this, I decided to look into it a little further. I took a fresh copy of the script (I always keep one handy), and opened it with my editor, and saved it (without changing anything). Low and behold I got the same parsing error...

I'm unsure why it does this. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Use a plain-text editor like Notepad (or Notepad++ if you have that), rather than something like Word.

Can someone explain why I keep aborting?

BCC: These are the figures for Cannelloni Cannon: Bonus: 3.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 44.0
BCC: I expect 25 damage from Cannelloni Cannon
BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 3.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 44.0
BCC: I expect 6 damage from Spaghetti Spear
BCC: We are going to two-shot with Cannelloni Cannon
BCC: Monster HP is 29
BCC: These are the figures for Cannelloni Cannon: Bonus: 3.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 44.0
BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 3.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 44.0
Stack overflow during ASH script: (bumcheekascend v0.55.ash, line 1615)
Macro override "consultMyst" returned void.
You're on your own, partner.

It seems that I run out of mana to use spells.

Winterbay

Can someone explain why I keep aborting?

Stack overflow during ASH script: (bumcheekascend v0.55.ash, line 1615)
Macro override "consultMyst" returned void.
You're on your own, partner.

It seems that I run out of mana to use spells.

The consultMyst-function does not appear to take MP into account so if you have lots of skills and no MP it'll possibly end up in a endless loop. My suggestion would be to use WHAM instead (and set BCA up to use your CCS instead), but I'm slightly biased :)

bumcheekcity

The consultMyst-function does not appear to take MP into account so if you have lots of skills and no MP it'll possibly end up in a endless loop. My suggestion would be to use WHAM instead (and set BCA up to use your CCS instead), but I'm slightly biased :)

As the person who wrote the consult function, I would recommend you use WHAM as well. The consult function is just a quick implementation and nowhere near WHAM's quality.

Hey I keep getting this, its probably something Im missing.

Level 12 Starting
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit filthy hippy disguise'
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 1,365.50 (FAIL)
Loading character status...
Requests complete.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I downloaded it from the sourceforge page... the link on the first page, first post.

The specific links and keystrokes probably are of interest. On several occasions I have clicked on what I thought was the correct link, right clicked (in Firefox) to save it and ended up with an HTML page and not the script. The fact that you have the problem with your unmodified copy suggests that whatever you saved it is more than just the script.

Winterbay

Hey I keep getting this, its probably something Im missing.

Level 12 Starting
BCC: Maximizing '+outfit filthy hippy disguise'
Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 1,365.50 (FAIL)
Loading character status...
Requests complete.

You probably went by the opening of the beach with a slightly older copy and is in AoJ meaning that when you got to the war you had no Hippy Outfit. YOu need to manually gather the hippy outfit and the script will run along just fine.

Winterbay

Latest SVN-version adds workarounds for the mystic and the key vending machine so we should hopefully be up and running again until Mafia gets adapted.

Pazleysox

The specific links and keystrokes probably are of interest. On several occasions I have clicked on what I thought was the correct link, right clicked (in Firefox) to save it and ended up with an HTML page and not the script. The fact that you have the problem with your unmodified copy suggests that whatever you saved it is more than just the script.

I managed to figure it out. There was some strange coding in the script that my mafia didn't agree with when I tried to save from a text editor. I ended up opening the script with word, and saving as a standard text file. Word figured out there was something strange with the original code. Not sure why this worked, but it did! Thanks for the help.

-Paz